More Murray Smoke & Mirrors?

Seems David Murray’s trying to hug the headlines yet again!! Another arse-licking visit from Chick Young is on the cards no doubt…

Of course I want our home to get a 70,000 capacity (and it must have the capacity to rise further ‘if’ the Tims try and outdo us again) and we’ll maybe be forced to change the ‘official’ name of Ibrox. It could change to ‘The Walt Disney Stadium’ for all I care, as it’d still be called Ibrox by me!!! Being a cynic as far as he’s concerned I must say this ‘statement’ suggests we’re not gonna be spending on players for the immediate future and this is just ‘mirrors’ to fool us into believing something’s on the cards that isn’t!

Is there a hidden agenda here ????????????????

"The walt disney stadium", is that because walt disney refused to employed catholics also doh (fact)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so smith was lying when he said he'd tried to get a couple of players in but was rebuffed?

cause if he's telling the truth, it seems not only is murray looking to the long term future of the infrastructure he's also backing the manager in trying to strengthen the team.

i don't know anything about the ins and outs about this. but i've read quite clearly that the money for this project is entirely seperate from any funds for players, and if the whole thing was to disappear overnight there still wouldn't be any extra for players.

Why does he have to be lying?

Just because he says he'll get a couple of players doesn't mean anything of significance - those players could be from Stenhousemuir or Cove Rangers for all we know, so the money outlay could be next to NOTHING!!!

Does that equate to "backing the manager"??

Not so.

WS has said he will only ONLY buy players who will make the team better. I don't know what you think, but it is of my opinion that a player from Stenhousemuir or Cove Rangers certainly wont do that. Unless you think so little of our team that they will?????

So in view of that fact, it stands to reason that WS was looking at two players who woul fit ito the team and make it better. Therefore more than likely costing a few million. That to my eyes is backing your manager.

You on the other hand have decided to read unofficial reports in a newspaper and use them to insult SDM. I wonder why???

There is no quote from Murray saying he will spend £700 million. However there are quotes that he has said there are at least three plans of action that he is considering. But you seem to have fallen on one unsubstantiated story and gone with it.

Just like a certain Graham Spiers would do.

so smith was lying when he said he'd tried to get a couple of players in but was rebuffed?

cause if he's telling the truth, it seems not only is murray looking to the long term future of the infrastructure he's also backing the manager in trying to strengthen the team.

i don't know anything about the ins and outs about this. but i've read quite clearly that the money for this project is entirely seperate from any funds for players, and if the whole thing was to disappear overnight there still wouldn't be any extra for players.

Just because he says he'll get a couple of players doesn't mean anything of significance - those players could be from Stenhousemuir or Cove Rangers for all we know, so the money outlay could be next to NOTHING!!!

Not so.

WS has said he will only ONLY buy players who will make the team better. I don't know what you think, but it is of my opinion that a player from Stenhousemuir or Cove Rangers certainly wont do that. Unless you think so little of our team that they will?????

So in view of that fact, it stands to reason that WS was looking at two players who woul fit ito the team and make it better. Therefore more than likely costing a few million. That to my eyes is backing your manager.

You on the other hand have decided to read unofficial reports in a newspaper and use them to insult SDM. I wonder why???

There is no quote from Murray saying he will spend £700 million. However there are quotes that he has said there are at least three plans of action that he is considering. But you seem to have fallen on one unsubstantiated story and gone with it.

1st point - "unless you think so little of the team..." There's two different area's of 'making the team better', there's making it better in a European context and then there's making it better in a Scottish context! Now, who's to say buying two players (with the right Scottish Psyche of course) from those clubs wont enhance and "better" our team? From what i've seen of the team this season (admittedly not much) when it comes to the Scottish games they aren't flying as they were in Europe (before Stuttgart away), so two players from ICT, Cove Rangers and other 'wee' clubs might be just what we need!

Football has two dimensions EUROPE and SCOTLAND!! Try to keep up here, steely Gers!

Hope that sounded as patronising as your post did offensive!!!

We'll see tonight at Fir Park, if the 'Bottle' required is there or not - if it is i'd venture to guess that Walter will be even more reluctant to buy players, and Murray of course will go along with that... :rolleyes:

2nd point - "you on the other hand have decided to use unofficial reports... to insult Murray"

1st part of that first, i don't know what world you live in but in mine i understand Politics, i understand the words 'news leakage' and i understand the world of David Murray, as i've listened to his fucking shite for too many yrs - you wanna bury your head in the sand go ahead, but i go along with the old maxim of "differentiate what a man says from what he does"! I could go on about the deceit of Murray but those with memories longer than a newt will back me up there!

2nd part of that, INSULT MURRAY ffs that man opens his mouth and its a bloody insult to the intelligence of any half reasonable logical open minded person with Rangers in their blood!!!

I can now see why that Bigot Bin PISH lost the rag with you - you definately are showing signs of 'faith' in Murray, my advice mate is to go to Rangers Pubs and find people that's been around for a wee while and ask them what they think of that lying Greedy Capitalist Bastard!

As for the Graham Spiers remark - let's just say you were getting carried away with yourself there, more of that and i'll be be reporting you to Admin... :angry2:

You cant deny SDM has always looked after Ibrox, so i am confident something big will happen soon :pipe:

"Looked after Ibrox...." <cr>

C'mon Jeff, all the work done at Ibrox since Murray's been here has used Steel (overpriced) from guess who???

Don't know the other companies he's used (brickwork etc) but i'd venture to guess Murray got something in the back pocket from them too... pals? Inlaws?

Guest Andypendek

you're missing the point here, comrade. smith specifically stated that he had tried to buy 2 players who would have improved the team rather than simply be squad members. no ifs and buts, these were lads who would have gone straight into the team. coming from smith that pretty much seems rock solid that murray is releasing funds to strengthen the team.

as for making a buck out of rangers, well, he's a rampant capitalist, what else can we expect?

you're missing the point here, comrade. smith specifically stated that he had tried to buy 2 players who would have improved the team rather than simply be squad members. no ifs and buts, these were lads who would have gone straight into the team. coming from smith that pretty much seems rock solid that murray is releasing funds to strengthen the team.

as for making a buck out of rangers, well, he's a rampant capitalist, what else can we expect?

You're right we can't expect owt else! (tu)

As for Murray releasing funds - that's highly debatable, and as i've said this team aint that good so two players going straight in isn't really of any significance mate!

As for Murray releasing funds - that's highly debatable, and as i've said this team aint that good so two players going straight in isn't really of any significance mate!

It is far better than it has been for the last couple of seasons and it is good enough to win the league this season which to me is one of the most important things for this season.

I believe that whatever happens SDM will do his best for our club.

I understand and agree with some of the feelings towards his management at times however i also believe that as Chairmen / owners go we should appreciate what we have because he has done a much better job than most others out there.

If SDM can find the money and resources to make his vision a reality then im sure he will. KEEP BELIEVING....

It is far better than it has been for the last couple of seasons and it is good enough to win the league this season which to me is one of the most important things for this season.

If we win the SPL this season (still highly debatable) then it'll just mean we are the LEAST WORSE out of the Old Firm, both teams have been very poor in the Scottish context! When Walter was here before the standard of other teams was much higher than it is now yet his Statistical record (just finished compiling the page on my Spreadsheet) is more or less the same (not too different) so when you take that into account winning the SPL will say nothing about the standard of team we have

PIB, the best of a bad bunch is good enough for me too, but we could do ooh so much better and (going over old ground here) had we stuck with PLG (a couple barren yrs, yes) we'd be playing better by now and getting better results!!!

There's:

The past...

The present - Short term.

The Future - Long term.

Once this run (of Celtic's SPL wins) is over we need to address the future!!!!!!!!! :pipe:

Not so.

1st point - "unless you think so little of the team..." There's two different area's of 'making the team better', there's making it better in a European context and then there's making it better in a Scottish context! Now, who's to say buying two players (with the right Scottish Psyche of course) from those clubs wont enhance and "better" our team? From what i've seen of the team this season (admittedly not much) when it comes to the Scottish games they aren't flying as they were in Europe (before Stuttgart away), so two players from ICT, Cove Rangers and other 'wee' clubs might be just what we need!

Football has two dimensions EUROPE and SCOTLAND!! Try to keep up here, steely Gers!

We'll see tonight at Fir Park, if the 'Bottle' required is there or not - if it is i'd venture to guess that Walter will be even more reluctant to buy players, and Murray of course will go along with that... :rolleyes:

2nd point - "you on the other hand have decided to use unofficial reports... to insult Murray"

1st part of that first, i don't know what world you live in but in mine i understand Politics, i understand the words 'news leakage' and i understand the world of David Murray, as i've listened to his fucking shite for too many yrs - you wanna bury your head in the sand go ahead, but i go along with the old maxim of "differentiate what a man says from what he does"! I could go on about the deceit of Murray but those with memories longer than a newt will back me up there!

2nd part of that, INSULT MURRAY ffs that man opens his mouth and its a bloody insult to the intelligence of any half reasonable logical open minded person with Rangers in their blood!!!

I can now see why that Bigot Bin PISH lost the rag with you - you definately are showing signs of 'faith' in Murray, my advice mate is to go to Rangers Pubs and find people that's been around for a wee while and ask them what they think of that lying Greedy Capitalist Bastard!

As for the Graham Spiers remark - let's just say you were getting carried away with yourself there, more of that and i'll be be reporting you to Admin... :angry2:

Well, Steelyger I'm still waiting on an answer... :unsure:

Do you have one? Or is your stuff just Pro-Murray without any argument to back it up?

Not so.

Do you have one? Or is your stuff just Pro-Murray without any argument to back it up?

Report me to admin for what?? Saying that Spiers uses unoffical claims to make newspaper reports?? Wire in mate.

You think a player from Cove rangers could make Glasgow Rangers better?? That is a joke. Oh and if we build a team for europe it would be more than capable of taking over in the SPL too. As has already been proved.

Two dimensions, europe and Scotland?? Where is Scotland if it is not in Europe?? Still that doesn't matter and before you get into a twist about not understanding it's ok. Just a wee joke mate lol.

How do you understand the world of someone you don't know?? NO mate, you GUESS the world in which he lives in for you don't truely know. but hey why let that get in the way of a good old rant.

I bet you weren't saying all this about Murray throught he 9 in a row years. mind I aint going to bring up all the issues of 9 in a row. Not only that he brought us Souness too.

Did fish lose the rag with me??? Bless him. I liked him too.

Is that what you do mate?? Do you go round the pubs listening to them then agree with the majority?? I on the other hand can make up my own mind thanks

steely - it was the other way around! souness suggested to murray that he should buy rangers after failing in his bid for ayr! souness was already manager before murray bought us!

I know that vienna. I was doing a bit of fishing there

If we win the SPL this season (still highly debatable) then it'll just mean we are the LEAST WORSE out of the Old Firm, both teams have been very poor in the Scottish context! When Walter was here before the standard of other teams was much higher than it is now yet his Statistical record (just finished compiling the page on my Spreadsheet) is more or less the same (not too different) so when you take that into account winning the SPL will say nothing about the standard of team we have

PIB, the best of a bad bunch is good enough for me too, but we could do ooh so much better and (going over old ground here) had we stuck with PLG (a couple barren yrs, yes) we'd be playing better by now and getting better results!!!

There's:

The past...

The Future - Long term.

Once this run (of Celtic's SPL wins) is over we need to address the future!!!!!!!!! :pipe:

Sometimes this season we have been playing attractive football, both domestically and in Europe, as for PLG I've always been in two minds about him, I think he got it wrong and didn't take into consideration the Scottish mentality and aggressiveness when it comes to football, defensively we would always be weak with his style of play.

As for the state of the Scottish game, a lot of the teams have greatly improved, if they hadn't then both us and Celtic would not be playing football in Europe after Xmas, I believe this is three seasons in a row for us now. Aberdeen are also still in Europe, when was the last time that Scotland had 3 teams in this situation? We have regained respect at a National level also, and part of this will be down to the domestic and national team.

Yes, the past is the past that can't be changed, and yes we have to look to the future, I believe in a couple of seasons we will start to see a better quality and quantity coming through the youth ranks, and beyond, that is where our future lies.

I bet you weren't saying all this about Murray throught he 9 in a row years. mind I aint going to bring up all the issues of 9 in a row. Not only that he brought us Souness too.

So we have to continue living in the past and not bad mouth SDM at all because we won 9 in a row over 10 years ago.

Thats like saying Nottingham Forest fans dont have the right to moan cause they have won the European Cup and should be happy in League 1 or that Leeds should be happy their club is still in business.

I dont care about what someone done for the club before, I want someont who is going to do something for the club now. We cant continue to live of past achievements.

So we have to continue living in the past and not bad mouth SDM at all because we won 9 in a row over 10 years ago.

Thats like saying Nottingham Forest fans dont have the right to moan cause they have won the European Cup and should be happy in League 1 or that Leeds should be happy their club is still in business.

I dont care about what someone done for the club before, I want someont who is going to do something for the club now. We cant continue to live of past achievements.

No mate that is why the next sentence says I aint going to bring up all the issues of 9 in a row.

Of course there is scope for criticism. Constructive criticism. There is little point going on a hate rant just because you feel let down.

Murray isn't the best in the business, but like I have said to all the other Murray GTF's who do you want to replave him with??

That's not a question directed at you btw, just a question.

Murray isn't the best in the business, but like I have said to all the other Murray GTF's who do you want to replave him with??

People on forums aren't going to have names for replacements.

While some criticism is OTT and uncalled for, even the most rational of SDM critics won't have a list of alternatives to him.

All we want is someone who is prepared to run the club better than it is now. SDM, as custodian, should ensure that happens while endeavouring to change things himself.

Replying to criticism with 'who would be better' isn't any more constructive than giving criticism without offering suggestions for improvement.

While some criticism is OTT and uncalled for, even the most rational of SDM critics won't have a list of alternatives to him.

All we want is someone who is prepared to run the club better than it is now. SDM, as custodian, should ensure that happens while endeavouring to change things himself.

Replying to criticism with 'who would be better' isn't any more constructive than giving criticism without offering suggestions for improvement.

I'm not saying it is mate. But I am one who would like to see change at the top, but know there is no point going on a hate filled spree in a forum and repeatedly saying GTF. I know there is little point in that because I know I have no replacement in mind. That is why I asked the question, all these people will say GTF, but GTF for whom?? I am kinda hoping they will se they hahve no answer and stop, but methinks that is hope against all hope.

Report me to admin for what?? Saying that Spiers uses unoffical claims to make newspaper reports?? Wire in mate.

You think a player from Cove rangers could make Glasgow Rangers better?? That is a joke. Oh and if we build a team for europe it would be more than capable of taking over in the SPL too. As has already been proved.

Two dimensions, europe and Scotland?? Where is Scotland if it is not in Europe?? Still that doesn't matter and before you get into a twist about not understanding it's ok. Just a wee joke mate lol.

How do you understand the world of someone you don't know?? NO mate, you GUESS the world in which he lives in for you don't truely know. but hey why let that get in the way of a good old rant.

Did fish lose the rag with me??? Bless him. I liked him too.

Is that what you do mate?? Do you go round the pubs listening to them then agree with the majority?? I on the other hand can make up my own mind thanks

You made a snide remark re Spiers!! Pretty much in the manner of him himself - is that your level eh? I won't be complaining - I just typed that to give you the opportunity to remove the remark, you never took it so in future it'll be plain language from me!

Signing players from 'wee' Scottish Clubs is a joke is it!!! You really are showing an arrogant side (guess that's where Bin PISH got his poor opinion of you) so what about wee clubs like where we pick up the likes of Stuart Munro and other good professionals that have outshined and lasted longer than other STARS... As i say arrogance - mixing with too many Docs no doubt!!!

I could go through the record books for plenty of examples of us picking up players that did us a turn (from wee clubs) but you're really not worth the effort!

As for the remark about a team for europe "it would be more than capable of taking over in the SPL too" well that's complete piss!!!! Under Dick Advocaat we played the best football i've seen at Ibrox for many a yr and football that was geared to Europe not the SPL and look what happened, anti-football in the shape of Martin O'Neil took over, and played root one football and won all before him getting Dick the sack! If you can't see they are two different styles of playing the game then you really are not worth debating with!!!!

As for me not understanding the world of Murray that's complete piss - i understand what the bloody moon looks like and i've never walked on it! You really need to brush up on your debating - it really is dire!!!

Covering two other snide remarks, I (when Rangers embarked on our 2nd NIAR) actually stood in Pubs arguing that (much in the way some Chelsea fans have been doing no doubt re the Russian) Murray was a Greedy Capitalist Bastard and that during and after his tenure they'd see I was correct - fans are coming round to my (and others) view about the egotistical money grabbing nature of this man, but I don't expect you to do that, your tongue has been planted up his keek hole for so long all you can see is BROWN! You, making your own mind up.... Jesus H Christ, you're showing all the signs of being in need of transplant!!!! :lol:

And as has no doubt been pointed out to you (again more ignorance) he wasn't responsible for bringing Graeme Souness!!! Graeme did a lot of great things for Rangers but the worse thing was introducing him to RFC!!!

Stick to bandages and plaster mate you really don't have an earthly and the only way you'll get out of this thread without completely demoralising yourself, is if others take pity and come to your aid - try faking a limp, it works with Peewits!!!!! :rolleyes::lol:

steely - it was the other way around! souness suggested to murray that he should buy rangers after failing in his bid for ayr! souness was already manager before murray bought us!

I know that vienna. I was doing a bit of fishing there

Like all people who are found out as being ignorant the old "I was only kidding rubbish..." comes to the fore!

The SUM of what he knows is on the back of a sticking plaster! :bouncy: :clap:

There's:

The past...

The Future - Long term.

Sometimes this season we have been playing attractive football, both domestically and in Europe, as for PLG I've always been in two minds about him, I think he got it wrong and didn't take into consideration the Scottish mentality and aggressiveness when it comes to football, defensively we would always be weak with his style of play.

As for the state of the Scottish game, a lot of the teams have greatly improved, if they hadn't then both us and Celtic would not be playing football in Europe after Xmas, I believe this is three seasons in a row for us now. Aberdeen are also still in Europe, when was the last time that Scotland had 3 teams in this situation? We have regained respect at a National level also, and part of this will be down to the domestic and national team.

Yes, the past is the past that can't be changed, and yes we have to look to the future, I believe in a couple of seasons we will start to see a better quality and quantity coming through the youth ranks, and beyond, that is where our future lies.

Taking the Scottish mentality into Europe is a really complicated question... Can it be done successfully? That really is a big debate...

Would be nice if someone brought it up in a thread!!!

In England, their style of play is more like ours than others and they're certainly more successful than us, but question is should they have achieved more???? <cr>

No mate that is why the next sentence says I aint going to bring up all the issues of 9 in a row.

Of course there is scope for criticism. Constructive criticism. There is little point going on a hate rant just because you feel let down.

So, you engage in 'constructive criticism' steely!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol: I'm sitting here almost wetting myself!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Little point in a hate rant.... just because we feel let down... What patronising keek you talk!!! :barf:

You really should START to concentrate on asking questions rather than posing ones that call for conjecture!!!

...and yes I do have an answer to that question, but that's not the point in question (ie the thread) is it! Have you bothered to read the sticky's? Don't answer that you'll likely spend half a day on it and still not have a scooby... <_<

I'm not saying it is mate. But I am one who would like to see change at the top, but know there is no point going on a hate filled spree in a forum and repeatedly saying GTF. I know there is little point in that because I know I have no replacement in mind. That is why I asked the question, all these people will say GTF, but GTF for whom?? I am kinda hoping they will se they hahve no answer and stop, but methinks that is hope against all hope.

No point in being critical, no point in complaining, no point in...

What the fukk are you doing on this board? Are you saying we should all sit down and just wait for things to happen? It really is incredulous the amount of PAP you're talking!!

No wonder the NHS is going to the pot - if you ever get stabbed don't go into his Hospital ffs!!! And they'd still complain about not having enough blood!! :lol: