Charlie Adam, love or loath him?

pcbear

Capable of moments of sublime genius, and dug us out of a fair few games with a goal or two, thats the plus side, i dont have a clue why Smith sees him as a first pick, i would have him on the bench at best, a passenger in most games.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not a fan at all, not his auly he keeps getting picked by WS, only do what he can do, a substandard football player. I dont see what WS see's in him

Capable of moments of sublime genius, and dug us out of a fair few games with a goal or two, thats the plus side, i dont have a clue why Smith sees him as a first pick, i would have him on the bench at best, a passenger in most games.

I've criticised Adam before but I'd agree with the above. What annoys/frustrates me is that if Charlie applied himself a bit more then, IMO, he could be a good player for us. Get the finger out Charlie!

A real enigma is `our Charlie. A proper Charlie for 85 out of 90 minutes yet every now and again does something sublime.

He HAS to do more though to keep his place imo. For now - just not nearly good enough. Keep him on the BENCH!!

Guest Andypendek

i reckon he will end up in a league where the pace is yay slower than here, technically he's got all he needs to be a success.

as a young player he will always struggle with consistency. I can see him being a star for us in years to come. His goal return is fantastic for a midfielder but I agree he can be frustrating at times with his passing. He'll learn to play a simple pass more often and then he'll get a bit of consistency in his game. I like how Barry is talking him through games.....or hes certainly staring him through them!

A truely shocking example of a Rangers player. 99% of the time he is f*kn brutal. Get him out that team and squad altogether Watty!

Got to agree here Muff, I have as much technique and skill as Adam (I can hit a free kick from 20-25 yards out and beat a keeper, can ping a 50 yard cross fielder 50-60% of the time which is a better ratio than Adam right enough but thats by the by) but can't run the length of myself, have no spatial awareness once the ref blows the whistle and cannot play the simple pass when there is another option of playing the Hollywood pass, yet still I cannot see Walter offering me the contract and the starting berth I so desire before Sunday!

The Boyd and Adam dilemmas are fairly similar, in my opinion.

They both score goals, yet both lack the basic skills a footballer should possess. Both players attitude and fitness could be questioned aswell.

Both players could progress if they work on their required skills, but as far as I'm lead to believe, they don't seem prepared to put in that commitment.

However, both players are fairly young and have age on their side. Is it worth taking that gamble of hanging onto them to see if they progress?

A truely shocking example of a Rangers player. 99% of the time he is f*kn brutal. Get him out that team and squad altogether Watty!

Got to agree here Muff, I have as much technique and skill as Adam (I can hit a free kick from 20-25 yards out and beat a keeper, can ping a 50 yard cross fielder 50-60% of the time which is a better ratio than Adam right enough but thats by the by) but can't run the length of myself, have no spatial awareness once the ref blows the whistle and cannot play the simple pass when there is another option of playing the Hollywood pass, yet still I cannot see Walter offering me the contract and the starting berth I so desire before Sunday!

I'm not joking you but Charlie Adam would not get into the team I play for. We honestly have fitter and better players.

Ok he has the occassional good pass, free-kick and cross but that's about it. The amount of times guy's like Ferguson, Hemdani, Thomson, Darchy, Burke shout or shake their head at him is unreal. The amount of times he's caught out of position or played a stray pass is a joke. How many times does he just punt the ball for no reason and without looking. I'd need 10 hands to count that.

Why Smith continues to play him I'll never know. Thank f*ck he picked up a booking on Wednesday night and will miss the final!

This is not because he's young and Scottish, this is because he is f*ck rank rotten!

The Boyd and Adam dilemmas are fairly similar, in my opinion.

They both score goals, yet both lack the basic skills a footballer should possess. Both players attitude and fitness could be questioned aswell.

Both players could progress if they work on their required skills, but as far as I'm lead to believe, they don't seem prepared to put in that commitment.

However, both players are fairly young and have age on their side. Is it worth taking that gamble of hanging onto them to see if they progress?

Extremely bad comparison, Charlie has more football ability in his wee toe than Boyd could ever dream about. :rolleyes:

I'm not joking you but Charlie Adam would not get into the team I play for. We honestly have fitter and better players.

Ok he has the occassional good pass, free-kick and cross but that's about it. The amount of times guy's like Ferguson, Hemdani, Thomson, Darchy, Burke shout or shake their head at him is unreal. The amount of times he's caught out of position or played a stray pass is a joke. How many times does he just punt the ball for no reason and without looking. I'd need 10 hands to count that.

Why Smith continues to play him I'll never know. Thank f*ck he picked up a booking on Wednesday night and will miss the final!

This is not because he's young and Scottish, this is because he is f*ck rank rotten!

Jeezus! Muff that must be some f#cken team you play for. :rolleyes: This time next year you'll probably be doing your "well I always new he had it in him"

routine. :lol:

Guest Andypendek

i'm sure he's fit enough, it's the lack of speed that worries me. i don't know how much you can do about that, but he really is as slow as a tanker.