spent years listening to Gabriel Amato singing the praises of

Rangers.

Quote:"I have never met a footballer who has played for so many

clubs in his playin career.Gabriel could have told me stories about all of

them but instead he only spoke of Rangers"."He told me that Rangers was

the best club in the world".

Scottish Mail On Sunday.

Mr Amato,with Valentines day coming up,gies you're address & you will recieve

a big bouquet of roses from one hairy arsed Scotsman.

He was an exceptional player.

Some of his skills on the ball were of a Cristano Ronaldo ilk. It's something I've not been able to say about a Gers player much recently, but I used to look forward to Amato recieving the ball.

Mikel Arteta said something quite interesting in The Guardian yesterday:

"I have been very lucky because I have played with some of the best in the world: footballers who could be classed as superstars," he says. "I have always tried to learn from others, particularly skilful players. Ronaldinho was one but my favourite was Claudio Caniggia, the Argentinian. I played with him at Rangers and I loved watching him, the way he read the game, how cheeky he was. That's how I try to play."

Thats exactly the problem, Rangers have been spoiled in the past, Laudrup, Gascoigne, Amato, Caniggia, we'll need a few coffers in the bank before we can attract such players again, till then Walter's way is our best bet, steady steady. Celtic do have the money though and all they can attract is shect of the lowest order.

I don't think you need a lot of money to find players like this, instead, you need a good scouting network. Money helps but you can get some cracking, exciting, skillful, crowd pleasing players out there for reletively low prices.

Thats exactly the problem, Rangers have been spoiled in the past, Laudrup, Gascoigne, Amato, Caniggia, we'll need a few coffers in the bank before we can attract such players again, till then Walter's way is our best bet, steady steady. Celtic do have the money though and all they can attract is shect of the lowest order.

Laudrup - £2.3m

Gascoigne - £4.3m

Amato - £4.2m

Caniggia - £850k

We could've bought them all this season!

Laudrup - ?2.3m

Gascoigne - ?4.3m

Amato - ?4.2m

Caniggia - ?850k

We could've bought them all this season!

And their wages?

I don't think you need a lot of money to find players like this, instead, you need a good scouting network. Money helps but you can get some cracking, exciting, skillful, crowd pleasing players out there for reletively low prices.

Which is why I'm glad Ewan Chester is back on board at Rangers... we should be building our network, and his ability and knowledge is key to that (tu)