Super Cooper

Saudibear

"The best player i ever saw".....Ruud Gullit

Canny believe it's 13 years ago this month....frightening.

I'll always maintain had Coop not played in the Rangers side of the early to mid eighties we could have been in trouble.

Can you imagine Coop ,Gazza and Laudrup in the same Rangers side.............Gazza and Laudo were brilliant but Coop was a genius.

God rest ye son.

I'll always maintain had Coop not played in the Rangers side of the early to mid eighties we could have been in trouble.

Can you imagine Coop ,Gazza and Laudrup in the same Rangers side.............Gazza and Laudo were brilliant but Coop was a genius.

God rest ye son.

aye Gaff, its scary. I agree, Coop held us together in the bad old days of the early/mid 80's. I felt a bit sorry for him at the time because he was playing with some poor players. Looking back, he could have left, its the mark of the man he chose to stay. Rest in peace Coop.

God rest ye son.

aye Gaff, its scary. I agree, Coop held us together in the bad old days of the early/mid 80's. I felt a bit sorry for him at the time because he was playing with some poor players. Looking back, he could have left, its the mark of the man he chose to stay. Rest in peace Coop.

Your right coop.....he had chances to go but as he always said he lived the dream and played for the team he loved.

I was so happy for him that he got a few years success under Souness plus we do forget he won the treble in 78.

God rest ye son.

Your right coop.....he had chances to go but as he always said he lived the dream and played for the team he loved.

I was so happy for him that he got a few years success under Souness plus we do forget he won the treble in 78.

I remember Gaff, that was a great season. Coop and Bobby Russell were just starting out if my memory is correct.

They were yes.

Did we get Russell from Motherwell and Coop was at the Bankies.

Brlliant the pair of them,big DJ at his peak,Greig's last season,Alex McDonald and Tommy McLean and Did Bobby McKean not pass away that season..what a player he was.

They were yes.

Brlliant the pair of them,big DJ at his peak,Greig's last season,Alex McDonald and Tommy McLean and Did Bobby McKean not pass away that season..what a player he was.

Im sure it was '78 with Bobby McKean.

They were yes.

Canny mind if Bobby Russel was signed on an s form i think from Posso YM

They were yes.

Did Russell not sign from Shettleston Jnrs?

Cheers man!

That was brilliant and brought a tear to my eye.

Never forgotten. Always loved.

He was always my hero as a lad... one of the all time great Rangers players!

(tu):rangers:

They were yes.

Think it was Shettleston .......christ we couldnae dae that now eh?

They were yes.

Think it was Shettleston .......christ we couldnae dae that now eh?

your'e right , pity , he was a quality midfielder

My footballing hero - greatest player I have ever saw, period! Just a genius

Couldnt head the ball, had no pace to speak of, right leg was purely for balance - but that left peg could do magic tricks.

Classic reverse passes, mazy dribbles, stunning set pieces - all part of the Cooper tapestry

But for me he symbolized Hope

Hope that we could do better - that for 6 or 7 years when we were rank rotten - I still had a reason to watch the team - that maybe I would get one piece of magic that i could take into the back garden and try to practice it so that I could emulate it on the school playing fields the next week.

Will never feel for a player like I did for Davie - Laudrup and Gazza were great great players - but for me Davie will always be the Prince of Playmakers

Yip Russell was from Shettleston Juniors, i dont know how much for, 30k seems to stick in my mind, Cooper cost 100k, Tore Andre Flo 12m compare.

What brings back the memories looking at the footage was the bedlam of the crowd at the goal celebrations, it was some buzz wrapped up in that.