Broadfoot

Gaffbear

Am i the only one who thinks he is utter pish and shouldnae wear a Rangers jersey.

He thunders up the park like he's got St Vitus dance,canny cross a ball,canny pass a ball,positional sense is rotten and tackling is very hit and miss.

hate saying it but McGeady might have a laugh against him on Saturday

I think Broadfoot's crossing is great (tu)

At least he charges forward, makes himself available at all times, never hides, always willing to pass and run and is reasonably solid at the back.

He's not as good as Hutton of course, but I like him.

Am i the only one who thinks he is utter pish and shouldnae wear a Rangers jersey.

He thunders up the park like he's got St Vitus dance,canny cross a ball,canny pass a ball,positional sense is rotten and tackling is very hit and miss.

hate saying it but McGeady might have a laugh against him on Saturday

I agree completely with all you say, I would estimate his pass completion rate at around 8%.He is defensively a disaster ready to happen and is putting a huge strain on our central defenders who have to cover for him.

his distribution is pretty poor, gave away one goal by heading it to a player at the edge of the box when it should have been put out/wide.

his best cross came from his left foot, is he left footed? seems like his left foot is better for some reason.

he charges about and makes a nuisance of himself, but he seems like an accident waiting to happen - he's yet to convince me. Whittaker seems like twice the player to me, although oddly his best performances have been in the left back position.

I think Whittaker has more to offer than Broadfoot - but one thing is for sure neither has yet shown the quality required to be a regular for us.

That's not to say either couldn't go on to become a regular if they improve, I would say there's more likelyhood of Whittaker going on than Broadfoot, but that's just a personal opinion from my observations of the two

Totally sitting on the fence with this one. He has good attributes, has had some good games at right back, but in the back of my mind I think he's a ticking time bomb.

But we all shared these views about Papac and he has come on leaps and bounds at LB i think so I dunno.

Do we keep him in there for the OF?

my answer is yes

I'd just like to mention that all these negative comments were made about Hutton at one points.

I've liked what I have seen from Broadfoot soo far, just needs to improve some more and maintain good performances.

Can I be the first to point out he isn't actually a right back? He's a centre back, and a decent one at that, but the poor bugger has been played out of position every time he's pulled on a blue jersey, much like Papac. I'd still have him in ahead of Whittaker, who is truly mince.

But Hutton was a good player before he broke his leg against Kilmarnock. Broadfoot is mediocre at best. His lack of pace, positional sense and all round ability is shocking and he should still be at St. Mirren just like Whittaker should still be at Hibs.

I think Broadfoot's crossing is great (tu)

At least he charges forward, makes himself available at all times, never hides, always willing to pass and run and is reasonably solid at the back.

He's not as good as Hutton of course, but I like him.

I'm with Jadams. Some games he's been exceptional for us recently. One of the Werder Brement games he was brilliant (I think it was the home game). For a centre back playing full back I think he's done great especially being quite young and also having replaced argueably one of the best right backs in Europe at the moment in Hutton.

Lay off guys.

He canny run ? he canny cross ?

This must be another Kirk broadfoot because the one i have watched week in week out has had some very good games for us considering "hes no good enough" and he doesnt half gallop down that right wing and has the ability whip a great ball in.

Though he is nowere near the finished article.

But Hutton was a good player before he broke his leg against Kilmarnock. Broadfoot is mediocre at best. His lack of pace, positional sense and all round ability is shocking and he should still be at St. Mirren just like Whittaker should still be at Hibs.

Well I thought he played well against Bremen, apart from the goal and there's been a few other games I think he's been solid.

I don't think it's fair to expect Broadfoat to be anything like Hutton, considering he is a natural CB.

Wasn't it you who suggested we should get rid of Hutton when he was on poor form? :harhar:

I shit myself any time he's near the ball to be honest.

He can swing in a decent cross and has a good engine, but he is like treacle and I fear McGeady will cause him problems on Saturday.

Get Dailly in there at right back until the Summer!

Well I thought he played well against Bremen, apart from the goal and there's been a few other games I think he's been solid.

I don't think it's fair to expect Broadfoat to be anything like Hutton, considering he is a natural CB.

Wasn't it you who suggested we should get rid of Hutton when he was on poor form? :harhar:

Yes like almost everyone on here. Tho I rated Hutton before he broke his leg.

I'm not expecting Broadfoot to be anything like Hutton and the same goes for Whittaker.