Cuellar's value skyrockets?

Danny

Cuellar only put one foot wrong the whole night - that clattering body hammer in the first 30 seconds.

That aside he had another wonderful display and Liedson hadn't a sniff.

'King Kevin' was at the game, and surely watching him among others. Newcastle need to shore up their defence and Cuellar must, sadly, be high on their shopping list.

Tonight's display will have added a fair few pence to his value.

How the hell are we going to hold onto this guy?

If newcastle come in i think we should say GTF! Im fed up with EPL teams coming in and doing this..especially newcastle, cuellar has been outstanding for us and would do alot better here than he would at newcastle.

£10Million atleast and Keegan can Have him!

Seriously?

I really don't agree there, NO SELL!

We wont get anymore than £10 million for him as he plays in the SPL

If he decides to leave Rangers, which I think he will, we will have no opton but to agree a good price for him.

Sadly I have all but resigned myself to the fact that we will probably lose Cuellar in the summer.

However the one thing I think we can cling onto is that he was prepared to leave an equally prestigious and glamorous league in La Liga to join us because he realised just how big a club we are and therefore he might not be as easily drawn towards the "lights" of the Premiership as say Van Bronckhorst, Boumsong or more recently Hutton were.

Personally I think we should break our wage structure and make him our highest earner. nobody can say he hasn't earned it.

I think we will struggle to hold onto the big man. He oozes class in everything he does.

I really hope we do tho coz it will be a massive loss to the team.

Fair play I have to say to Walter in picking him up in the first place though coz I dont remember being too fazed that we were chasing him in the summer .... in Walt we trust .. better signings record than Strap-On already!

£10Million atleast and Keegan can Have him!

Seriously?

I really don't agree there, NO SELL!

We wont get anymore than £10 million for him as he plays in the SPL

If he decides to leave Rangers, which I think he will, we will have no opton but to agree a good price for him.

10-Mill sounds about right....

I, however would like to see him say on!

However the one thing I think we can cling onto is that he was prepared to leave an equally prestigious and glamorous league in La Liga to join us because he realised just how big a club we are and therefore he might not be as easily drawn towards the "lights" of the Premiership as say Van Bronckhorst, Boumsong or more recently Hutton were.

That's a great point there. La Liga is every bit as good as the Premiership possibly better, although Osasuna aren't really one of the big players. He obviously came to us with the belief that he could win things, and our run in the UEFA cup so far proves just that.

Moving to a Premiership club would be a step down unless it's one of the big 4 or maybe Everton or Tottenham, who look set for a good next season. We shouldn't worry about Newcastle's interest!

But maybe we should worry about Bain and Murray's persuasion when the pound signs flash in their eyes... *cough*

That's a great point there. La Liga is every bit as good as the Premiership possibly better, although Osasuna aren't really one of the big players. He obviously came to us with the belief that he could win things, and our run in the UEFA cup so far proves just that.

Moving to a Premiership club would be a step down unless it's one of the big 4 or maybe Everton or Tottenham, who look set for a good next season. We shouldn't worry about Newcastle's interest!

But maybe we should worry about Bain and Murray's persuasion when the pound signs flash in their eyes... *cough*

If he wins the treble/Quardruple. He wouldnt mind leaving and going to the Premiership where he can play against world class players week in week out.

Even if he moved to a mid table club, his class would shine through and would eventually get his move to a bigger club.

After this season, (If we will the Treble or better) he has nothing else to achieve with Rangers.

Any high price bid comes in for him this summer and some unknown in the rangers camp will 'advise' him on how good a move it would be.

As Walter said, Rangers are a business.

Its all about the moola.

Even if he moved to a mid table club, his class would shine through and would eventually get his move to a bigger club.

Would it though?

We all assume that would happen, but it didn't when he played in La Liga and that league is every bit as good as the Premiership is.

The top 4 had scotued Cuellar in La Liga, but didnt want to make a move for him in case he wasnt up to standard.

We snatched Cuellar from under the noses of a few top European teams.

You've got to think, what are Cuellar's motives for leaving La Liga, where he WAS getting noticed to move to a smaller league?

It wasnt to win the SPL title.

He has ambitions like Cousin to play in the Premiership or play for a top European team who are challenging for things. Rangers give him his shop window (Europe) and will eventually cash in on it.

Would it though?

We all assume that would happen, but it didn't when he played in La Liga and that league is every bit as good as the Premiership is.

The top 4 had scotued Cuellar in La Liga, but didnt want to make a move for him in case he wasnt up to standard.

You've got to think, what are Cuellar's motives for leaving La Liga, where he WAS getting noticed to move to a smaller league?

He has ambitions like Cousin to play in the Premiership or play for a top European team who are challenging for things. Rangers give him his shop window (Europe) and will eventually cash in on it.

Care to cite your evidence that a bunch of major European hitters were in for him?

Given I'd never heard of him, he'd never played in Europe till last season, and had no caps for Spain...how exactly would this fairly unknown player from a mid-league Spanish team have been courting the Man Utd's of this world when the Man Utd's of this world have Vidic and Ferdinand etc?

Only reason we knew of him was because we played him.

He'll be away. Even if he doesnt want to move, he'll be pushed. Let's just enjoy him while he's still here.

£7m + and he'll be off, I just hope it's not to Newcastle. He's far too good for that small club!

Would it though?

Care to cite your evidence that a bunch of major European hitters were in for him?

Given I'd never heard of him, he'd never played in Europe till last season, and had no caps for Spain...how exactly would this fairly unknown player from a mid-league Spanish team have been courting the Man Utd's of this world when the Man Utd's of this world have Vidic and Ferdinand etc?

Only reason we knew of him was because we played him.

Cueller was 25 when he played for Osasuna in the UEFA cup against Rangers. He has already played 60+ games in La Liga for Osasuna, was playing well and beginning to get noticed.

Clubs have Scouts all over the World, just because they play for a smaller club doesnt mean a big club doesnt know about the player.

Cuellar didnt suddenly become a great defender by moving to Rangers, he has been a great defender for over 2 and a half years now. Being a great player in a average team has shown his qualitys even more.