JCD thinks it is possible for him to score.

Boab

Portuguese Men of Whoar

JEAN-CLAUDE DARCHEVILLE might not have hit the net against Sporting Lisbon at Ibrox last week but he remains confident he can be Rangers' hero in tomorrow night's hugely anticipated second-leg.

The French striker once again put in a tireless shift in the goalless draw but came up against a defensive unit expertly marshalled by Brazilian centre-half Anderson Polga who is now out through injury.

Darche believes that Paulo Bento's side will go for the jugular at home and hopes this will leave gaps which he can exploit.

He said: "Yes, I can score in Lisbon, I think this is possible.

"If we can continue to defend well in Portugal this will create space which is very important for me to run in to.

"But I think the result at Ibrox was not bad for us because we did not lose an away goal which is what you need to do in European football.

"We now have a chance of winning the second game and, you never know, one goal could be enough to take us through."

Darcheville believes that Davie Weir will be a big loss for the second-leg due to his vast knowledge of playing at the top level.

He said: "It is a loss to the team because Davie is a very good defender with a lot of experience.

"To win games such as the second leg against Sporting you need players with experience but we have some players that can come in on the night as we now have a very big squad.

"I think it can be very difficult for the players because before the Sporting game we had a very big match against Celtic.

"It was not easy to get rest in between these games and that can make it tough but you will never hear any of us complaining.

"We are in a good position right now and we all want to make the most of that."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1284996,00.html

Coisty said Cousin will "feature at some point" which most likely means JCD will start.

JCD will defo be our main threat for a goal..he is definatly capable but if he doesnt get any service like what happened at the home game then he wont be involved much

To be honest, my confidence in Darcheville has been eroding the longer the season has gone on. Initially he had injury troubles but looked dynamite whenever he was on the park. Now he's enjoying a run of fitness, but his form has been poor for me. Very poor at times. His touch looks off, he's looking slower and sluggish......just generally not looking as sharp.

I've got a lot more confidence in Cousin to be honest. He's performed in big games against Lyon, Barca, Celtic, Bremen..........the longer he manages on the park tomorrow night, whether it's from the start or the bench, the better in my view. Not only do I think he's a better prospect for a goal, but I think we function more effectively as a team with him in the side.

...shouldn't be on the friggin plane if he didnae think "it's ever so slighty possible that, with a fair wind, there may be a teensy weensy chance of a goal ..."

:rolleyes:

IF Daniel Cousin is fit, he starts.

Because Daniel Cousin is the best striker playing for Rangers.

I love JCD but he needs more balls played behind the defense or on into his feet, and he's not as effective at winning knockdowns. His first touch has been a bit weak recently as well and his finishing is not at Cousin or Boyd's level.

Kris Boyd will only appear if Lisbon score.

I'd like to think that everytime he play's, he thinks he can score!

You'd hope so wouldn't you. :unsure:<cr> You know Muff the more we get to see JCD play,the more he seems to fall down,have you noticed?

JCD thinks it is possible for him to score.

You'd hope it was "possible", he's a striker :lol:

As i've stated on another post Darcheville has only managed 1 goal in Europe this season despite 7 starts and 2 sub appearances and it wasn't even from open play, it was a PK.

I have no faith in Darcheville to get us the goal we need tonight, I would much rather see Cousin or Boyd starting.