Mcgeady - Shut it yah Prick!

AIDEN McGEADY today cranked up the pressure on Rangers ahead of Sunday's crunch Old Firm game at Celtic Park.

The newly-crowned Scottish Player of the Year believes another victory against Walter Smith's side would not only push Gordon Strachan's men five points clear but give the reigning champions a huge psychological boost going into the final month of the season.

Even though Rangers have three games in hand, McGeady is convinced having the points on the board at this stage of the campaign is the most important thing.

advertisement

The 22-year-old already has plenty experience - good and bad - of what can happen when the heat is turned up at the business end of the season.

And he said: "If we are a few points ahead of Rangers and they have games in hand, that's fair enough - but they still have to win those games. With us winning, it puts the pressure on.

"I think you could say we have an advantage because we won the last Old Firm game. The fact we won for the first time since Walter Smith became manager of Rangers will give us a big psychological boost."

Since becoming a regular three years ago, McGeady has never finished a season without a winner's medal. And he is determined not to let it happen this time.

He already has trophies to show for what has been his best ever season, with the Players' Player of the Year and Young Player award in his cabinet.

But a third SPL medal is what he wants and McGeady believes this weekend's match could open the door to this.

He said: "You don't need to get yourself up for Rangers games. You know how big they are.

"I'd definitely give up personal honours for the championship. The SPL title is the thing. We still have a chance, and the way we've been playing lately we have started to get our second wind.

"If we can beat Rangers on Sunday we can put an awful lot of pressure on them."

Shunsuke Nakamura is back on the training field and putting himself forward for Sunday, despite damaging a foot earlier this week.

The Japanese midfielder will wear a strapping to protect his injury and said: "As long as I have that strapping, I will be fine."

Celtic hope for further good news today from the other walking wounded, Andreas Hinkel, Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink, Paul Hartley and Lee Naylor.

The club have issued a reminder to all fans after the previous Old Firm game was marred by missile throwing.

Chief executive Peter Lawwell warned: "While our support at the last match was again incredible, we have received reports of objects being thrown from both sets of fans.

"Clearly Celtic as a club finds this completely unacceptable and we are doing all we can to identify those responsible.

"We will continue to treat this with great seriousness should it occur again."

Publication date 25/04/08

It's obvious Nakamura, Hartley, Jim Vinegar, Naylor and Hinkel were all going to be fit.

As for Liewell, he is an absolute disgrace of a man, he and McGayday are a couple of f****n b*stards.

Chief executive Peter Lawwell warned: "While our support at the last match was again incredible, we have received reports of objects being thrown from both sets of fans.

I'm sure he was just as shocked at the pepperonis and balloons by Celtic fans in the past.

TIFO tape + coins/lighters are the same - that's Celtic minded for you (tu)

"Clearly Celtic as a club finds this completely unacceptable and we are doing all we can to identify those responsible.

:rolleyes:

he's a wee fanny.. but what he says is true and if we win well its game over for Celtic.

its the bit about some rat sayin both sets of fans were throwing missiles?

WTF

if we get beat by them at the weekend we can still afford another 2 defeats even if they win all there games but we need to square away the goal difference.

if we win at the weekend they are loyally fucked

if we get beat by them at the weekend we can still afford another 2 defeats even if they win all there games but we need to square away the goal difference.

if we win at the weekend they are loyally fucked

seville calculator :rolleyes:

Chief executive Peter Lawwell warned: "While our support at the last match was again incredible, we have received reports of objects being thrown from both sets of fans

What a load of pish. You received reports??? Were you watching the match ffs it was blatantly obvious that celtic fans threw things at the rangers doctor. Why dont you have the balls and sort it out lawwell. Just typical he has to say both sets of fans, i know who the main culprit was but of course their support was "incredible" as usual. Its not the first time its happened, its happened lots of times before( did you ever do anything about the ricksen lighter incident????)

Okay I've finally worked this out. Celtic are currently 3 games ahead, and 2 points ahead.

Now say we win this weekend, that lot have 3 games left and would be a point behind. We'd have 6 games left. So:

1. Rangers, played 32, Pts 78

2. Celtic, played 35, Pts 77

Again this is if we win this weekend.

That leaves them 3 games left, a maximum of 9 points, meaning at most - god forbid we lose all our remaining games - they'd pull 8 points clear.

So again, if we win they can only finish a maximum of 8 points ahead.

So once again assuming we beat them, we would only need to win 3 of our 6 remaining games for 9 points, to cancel out their 8 point theoretical lead.

If we beat them, 9 points is all we need from 6 games. 3 wins would do it. 2 wins and 4 draws would do it (or 2 wins, 3 draws and goal difference).

-----------------------------------------------------

Assuming we lose:

Celtic would go 4 points clear, with 3 games left. Biggest possible lead would be 11 points. We'd have 6 games left, and only need to win 4, or 3 wins and 3 draws.

-------------------------------------------------------

If it's a draw:

Celtic remain 1 point clear, with 3 games left. Biggest possible lead is 10 points.

We still have those 6 games = 18 potential points.

4 wins out of 6 would win it, or 3 wins and 2 draws.

-------------------------------------------------------

So even if we lose to the tims, we can still afford to lose 2 of our remaining 6 games.

if we get beat we can only afford to get beat once which would leave us a point in front (assuming they win all theirs), or draw twice which leaves us level on points and would come to goal difference,

so we really cant afford to lose if we're still to have a cushion of comfort between us.

if we get beat we can only afford to get beat once which would leave us a point in front (assuming they win all theirs), or draw twice which leaves us level on points and would come to goal difference,

so we really cant afford to lose if we're still to have a cushion of comfort between us.

We can afford 2 defeats, see my previous post.

EDIT:

I fucked it up slightly. If we lose they go 5 points clear, and possibly 14 max. So we could afford 1 more loss and still finish a point above them.

Let McGeady do all the talking in the papers. He's played ok in 1 Old Firm game in recent years and that's not good enough. I don't mind if the Celtic players talk themselves up before the game - it's all ammunition for us.

We can afford 2 defeats, see my previous post.

including us, they have 4 games left to play so if they go 5 clear on sunday they'll have 9 points left to win, whereas we will have 18, leaving a 4 point defecit in our favour, so the true league standings have 4 points between us meaning we cant afford to lose 2 games should we get beat on sunday.

:rolleyes:

SWEEP F*CKING SWEEP :angry2: :angry2:

just seen your edit TY, no probs :rangers:

Yeah you were right first time mate.

Either way it's looking good for us. A draw would be a decent result (we could afford another loss), and all these permutations assume they'll win all 3 remaining matches, which they won't.

Chief executive Peter Lawwell warned: "While our support at the last match was again incredible, we have received reports of objects being thrown from both sets of fans

What a load of pish. You received reports??? Were you watching the match ffs it was blatantly obvious that celtic fans threw things at the rangers doctor. Why dont you have the balls and sort it out lawwell. Just typical he has to say both sets of fans, i know who the main culprit was but of course their support was "incredible" as usual. Its not the first time its happened, its happened lots of times before( did you ever do anything about the ricksen lighter incident????)

Fists and jaw clenching as I read that!!! Can't believe that shower - I hope to Heaven we tear them to shreds on Sunday, just so the world can see how "incredible" their support really is! :willy: :willy: :willy:

AIDEN McGEADY today cranked up the pressure on Rangers ahead of Sunday's crunch Old Firm game at Celtic Park.

The newly-crowned Scottish Player of the Year believes another victory against Walter Smith's side would not only push Gordon Strachan's men five points clear but give the reigning champions a huge psychological boost going into the final month of the season.

Even though Rangers have three games in hand, McGeady is convinced having the points on the board at this stage of the campaign is the most important thing.

advertisement

The 22-year-old already has plenty experience - good and bad - of what can happen when the heat is turned up at the business end of the season.

And he said: "If we are a few points ahead of Rangers and they have games in hand, that's fair enough - but they still have to win those games. With us winning, it puts the pressure on.

"I think you could say we have an advantage because we won the last Old Firm game. The fact we won for the first time since Walter Smith became manager of Rangers will give us a big psychological boost."

Since becoming a regular three years ago, McGeady has never finished a season without a winner's medal. And he is determined not to let it happen this time.

He already has trophies to show for what has been his best ever season, with the Players' Player of the Year and Young Player award in his cabinet.

But a third SPL medal is what he wants and McGeady believes this weekend's match could open the door to this.

He said: "You don't need to get yourself up for Rangers games. You know how big they are.

"I'd definitely give up personal honours for the championship. The SPL title is the thing. We still have a chance, and the way we've been playing lately we have started to get our second wind.

Shunsuke Nakamura is back on the training field and putting himself forward for Sunday, despite damaging a foot earlier this week.

The Japanese midfielder will wear a strapping to protect his injury and said: "As long as I have that strapping, I will be fine."

Celtic hope for further good news today from the other walking wounded, Andreas Hinkel, Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink, Paul Hartley and Lee Naylor.

The club have issued a reminder to all fans after the previous Old Firm game was marred by missile throwing.

these awards have really gone to his head...thats the second time hes mouthed off in only a week...def needs brought right down to earth on Sunday

That's his job done - he provoked a reaction. He is a one-trick pony that milks his one trick for all its worth. The best way to shut the plastic paddy up is by beating him and his mob on Sunday. Alternatively, a swift slap across the jaw would also suffice.

advertisement

Oh how I'd love to bring back Alan Hutton for just one game, that wee turncoat bastard would probably feign injury so as he wouldn't have to play, I cannot stand the wee sniveling bastard!!