New manager?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A new manager would still have the shite players at the club, have to sell our best players if high enough bids came in and be on a tight budget. Smith should have next season to turn it round but if by October we are 7/8 points behind he should leave

:rolleyes:

Fucking hell. We've only just lost the season on the last day and already people are deciding that walter should go if we're 7/8 points behind in October. Come on tae fuck

Only saying if the the worst case scenario was to happen he should go. Would you keep him in that situation ?

5starblues

IN ALL SERIOUSNESS GET YER SELF TAE FUCK :craphead:

WALTER DID US PROUD FIRST FULL SEASON BACK 1/4 WITH A GREAT CHANCE OF 2/4

whens the last time we were on for 4 cups.?

last time in uefa cup final

last few years celtic had the tittle rapped up at christmas

GI YERSELF A SHAKE

The way I see it is, this has been Walter's first full season in the rebuilding job. Given we have won one domestic cup, in the final of the other, gone to the last 45 minutes of the league season and reached the UEFA final, I would say his report card so far reads good.

Aye, it's not been pretty at times and tactics have been questionable but that's football. I'm sure at one time or another we have all bought in to the rollercoaster we were riding at times this season.

Given the lack of quality in the squad, we have managed to

1. punch well above our weight in Europe and

2. force the mhanks to go to the last game of the season to finish us off

To me that is a successful start to the rebuilding job. Some serious money in the summer and get some quality in, then start questioning Wattie's ability for the job.

No Surrender Bears and Brethren.

Embarrassing thread, nah fucking shocking thread - like i want to see pish like this tonight.

Would agree with many posters though next season is the biggie!!

I that a new manager for the Tims? Because even with the league they will still be talking about getting rid of strappon. The greatest fans in their own head? Spineless scum fks.

The way I see it is, this has been Walter's first full season in the rebuilding job. Given we have won one domestic cup, in the final of the other, gone to the last 45 minutes of the league season and reached the UEFA final, I would say his report card so far reads good.

Aye, it's not been pretty at times and tactics have been questionable but that's football. I'm sure at one time or another we have all bought in to the rollercoaster we were riding at times this season.

To me that is a successful start to the rebuilding job. Some serious money in the summer and get some quality in, then start questioning Wattie's ability for the job.

Agree with the all of the above: there's been a big improvement (tu) , we did well to get to Manchester (tu) and we get the League Cup and (hopefully) the Scottish Cup (tu) .

But...

Should we have even allowed Celtic to finish us off, give our lead?

A few harsh questions about this is not OTT.

:angry2: How far have we really come in the last year?

We still lost the league, doesn't matter whether it is by one game or 10 games. Granted we won the league cup (just) and we play Q O S in the Scottish Cup but considering the way we have played lately that is no given.

Team selections have been crazy at times, we play with Boyd Novo and JCD against St Mirren when we have to win and score 3. We have to win tonight so we drop Novo and Boyd!! You cant say they were tired cause they have hardly played a full game.

There is no denying Ally Mc coist's enthuasim but is Walter still the man. Does Ally have it to take over with Walter being a general manager type thing or do we get someone in with more tactical nous to work with Ally and Kenny.

Sniff Sniff

We still lost the league, doesn't matter whether it is by one game or 10 games. Granted we won the league cup (just) and we play Q O S in the Scottish Cup but considering the way we have played lately that is no given.

Team selections have been crazy at times, we play with Boyd Novo and JCD against St Mirren when we have to win and score 3. We have to win tonight so we drop Novo and Boyd!! You cant say they were tired cause they have hardly played a full game.

There is no denying Ally Mc coist's enthuasim but is Walter still the man. Does Ally have it to take over with Walter being a general manager type thing or do we get someone in with more tactical nous to work with Ally and Kenny.

Sniff Sniff

:harhar:

Agree with the all of the above: there's been a big improvement (tu) , we did well to get to Manchester (tu) and we get the League Cup and (hopefully) the Scottish Cup (tu) .

But...

Should we have even allowed Celtic to finish us off, give our lead?

A few harsh questions about this is not OTT.

In an ideal world, no!!

I would rather see us in a similar position next season, with some quality throughout the team, then make judgement.

I do agree though that questions are justified. Asking for a new mangaer at this point in time is not justified.

this is a bit of a schizoid reply as i try to make sense of the season so stick with me here

we've come so far mate

its been a funny old season .........

we've got to 3 finals and got to last day of league

yet have played to a pretty unentertaining standard generally

i personally think its been a disappointing end which could well have been avoided

had we lost the league on the last day having been level pegging with THEM then it would probably be a slightly easier pill to swallow

its the manner of capitulation that is hard to accept - its the fact we've let it slip from our grasp which is so disappointing

but these things can happen in football

had it not been for the current management team we wouldn't have got to where we are so quickly HOWEVER

it has to be understood that we've got to where we are, in the main, by preventing others playing well against us

perhaps that was inevitable given the players to hand and the timescales involved

the problem is the perceived succesful formula was not a winning formula

first half of the season it appeared to pay dividends so why mess around with a succesful formula?

the problem was/is that whilst a team ethic got us so so close, we also relied heavily on luck

cis cup final down and out till dodgy back pass

again playing united in league dodgy backpass

umpteen games ineurope we rode/made our own luck

the list could go on.......

at some point luck will desert you and thats when you need to up your game

problem is it became obvious our early success was a virtue of our tried and tested formula but ultimatley the game plan has failed

when it came to going for it we simply couldnt change up the gears, habit had taken a grip and route one became the only option

crucially we had no plan B

and thats the bottom line

better palyers means better options and im sure if we get some decent signings in the summer we'll look back on this season as the stepping stone

thanks lads for the effort, just wasn't enough...........................

im not sure walter wanted to play 4-5-1

i think he was forced into it be the squad we have.

hopefully next year he can bring in a bit of quality and use 442 in the spl and 541 in europe

walter signed the players.

THIS THREAD IS FUCKING POINTLESS.

MORONS START THREADS LIKE THIS.

I NOW FEEL I HAVE TO WRITE IN CAPITALS SO THE STUPID PEOPLE CAN UNDERSTAND THIS ASWELL.

WALTER SMITH IS A GREAT MANAGER, HE LED US TO 9 IN A ROW, HE LED US TO A UEFA CUP FINAL, HES WON MORE TROPHIES THAN ANY OTHER RANGERS MANAGER IN THE LAST 20 YEARS.

so behave yourself, get back in your box an shut the fuck up if you`ve nothing sensible to say.

fuck off! We've made the UEFA Cup Final, finals of both national cups and taken the league to the last day. New manager my arse.

(tu) well said - get a reality check - we'd have taken everything we've achieved so far at the start of the season - so get real - they have still done us proud - Rangers for ever - forget the rest :rangers::rangers::rangers::rangers::rangers::rangers:

THIS THREAD IS FUCKING POINTLESS.

MORONS START THREADS LIKE THIS.

I NOW FEEL I HAVE TO WRITE IN CAPITALS SO THE STUPID PEOPLE CAN UNDERSTAND THIS ASWELL.

WALTER SMITH IS A GREAT MANAGER, HE LED US TO 9 IN A ROW, HE LED US TO A UEFA CUP FINAL, HES WON MORE TROPHIES THAN ANY OTHER RANGERS MANAGER IN THE LAST 20 YEARS.

so behave yourself, get back in your box an shut the fuck up if you`ve nothing sensible to say.

people are allowed there opinions, and get your facts right he never led us to nine in a row, just shows how much you know. :rolleyes:

doh UV GOT TO BE AT THE WINDUP MATE...................SURELY doh

Rangers 2006-2007

SPL: P38 W21 D9 L8 F61 A32 Pts 72

League Cup: Quarter Finals

Scottish Cup: 3rd Round

UEFA Cup: Last 16

Rangers 2007-2008

SPL: P38 W27 D5 L6 F84 A33 Pts 86

League Cup: Winners

SCottish Cup: Finalists

UEFA Cup: Runners Up

I stopped reading at the end of the sentance in bold.............

Walter is on trial and faces the biggest ever challenge in his managerial career - next year.

Anyone can progress to a certain extent in what is one of the poorest leagues in Europe - make no mistake. But, when it comes to the crunch we and Walter have been lacking.

Everyone gets judged on results, I do in my job and if someobody doesn't deliver - they are gone. We have progressed in the bread and butter basics but we have won and achieved very little - we have no creativity, no tactics - where were they tonight ?

Look, for what promised so much eight days ago - it no longer exits and RIGHTLY so. But, we must be being laughed at as we cannot deliver at the final hurdle.

We are not in good health and why must I think the unthinkable on Saturday because we all have our doubts but we should win that - however, it doesn't mean a great deal. We can beat the crap but when we make the step up, we stumble, stumble and stumble and there ain't no (in economic terms) rising stars.

Wake up folks, don't be fooled any longer. The best team wins...I have no complaints, only disappointments but cannot say I am one bit surprised.

This is where communism is leading folks

Ah, I remember you from yesterday.The PLG vs WS thread you made, remember ?

Im not going to even answer this.

I dont see you lasting long on RM

Are you on fucking crazy pills!? This is the worst post i think i've ever seen on RM

Tell you summin tho, at least we have all come together again for our common hatred of this fucking twat!!!!