New manager?

:angry2: How far have we really come in the last year?

We still lost the league, doesn't matter whether it is by one game or 10 games. Granted we won the league cup (just) and we play Q O S in the Scottish Cup but considering the way we have played lately that is no given.

Team selections have been crazy at times, we play with Boyd Novo and JCD against St Mirren when we have to win and score 3. We have to win tonight so we drop Novo and Boyd!! You cant say they were tired cause they have hardly played a full game.

There is no denying Ally Mc coist's enthuasim but is Walter still the man. Does Ally have it to take over with Walter being a general manager type thing or do we get someone in with more tactical nous to work with Ally and Kenny.

I notice you conveniently forgot we got the the UEFA cup final - obviously did not register as an achievement with you.

Obviously you woud prefer a top european manager - our last one had us out of everything by Xmas - ah the good old days!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We need quality players.We played defensive this season,but we won a trophy,and just before one week we were fighting for 3 more! Walter made some mistakes,especially in the UEFA Cup final,but we don`t need new manager.Just quality new players.

If you consider what Walter has had to work with this season I doubt if any manager could have done any better, it was an unbelievable achievement to get to the UEFA cup final especially if you look at the teams we beat on the way.

What Walter lacks is support and funding, that run in to the end of the season was always going to spell disaster and we still have one game to go.

If it had been Celtic that had that many games to play in such a short period I think there would have been an uproar and things would have been handled differently by the SPL & SFA, but barely a murmur in the mhedia and Walter has to put on a brave face, take it on the chin and get on with it, well done Murray & Bain.

I also feel he's been let down badly by some of his key players at times, I'm not going to start a slagging thread here but in some really crucial games they've failed to produce the goods and it's cost us dearly.

Give the man some real money and allow him to strengthen the squad with quality and flair.

Walter has my vote of confidence.

Time will show this was one of Rangers greatest season, also like many others who wish to replace WS they very rarely come up with name to replace him

all it will show is we came second in a 2 horse race.

im not sure walter wanted to play 4-5-1

i think he was forced into it be the squad we have.

hopefully next year he can bring in a bit of quality and use 442 in the spl and 541 in europe

He played the system all through his time with Everton and with Scotland and if you remember his last season with us before he left , he basically played 5 at the back.

I really do not think he has or picks the right players to play 4-5-1 effectively as the lone striker should never be as isolated as much as happens with us.

:angry2: How far have we really come in the last year?

We still lost the league, doesn't matter whether it is by one game or 10 games. Granted we won the league cup (just) and we play Q O S in the Scottish Cup but considering the way we have played lately that is no given.

Team selections have been crazy at times, we play with Boyd Novo and JCD against St Mirren when we have to win and score 3. We have to win tonight so we drop Novo and Boyd!! You cant say they were tired cause they have hardly played a full game.

There is no denying Ally Mc coist's enthuasim but is Walter still the man. Does Ally have it to take over with Walter being a general manager type thing or do we get someone in with more tactical nous to work with Ally and Kenny.

Pathetic!

This was clearly a season for re-building. We've formed a solid base, now we need to add some quality in the summer.

Getting rid of the manager is a ridiculous idea. There's been a complete turnaround in the past 18 months and he's to thank.

I said at the start of the season that I wanted to see PROGRESS more than anything. I said we might not win the league, but I want to see us put in more of a challenge for it.

At the end of the day, we've not only still been in contention for the league at the final game of the season, we've won the CIS cup, reached a UEFA Cup final, and we've still to play in the Scottish cup final.

Walter should not go. He's vastly improved us from last season.

Next year is Walter's big test. He now has to prove that he can improve us further with new players and turn us into a solid championship winning side next season. Let's see what he does next before calling for his head :rolleyes: