Rangers played who you haven't appreciated..

papaguy51

Neil McCann was one of the guys who never got as much praise he deserved, the amount of goals the guy created was excellent...

Yeh and who could forget his contribution to win the league at the piggery

Easily his best performance in a rangers shirt... he was one of the best crossers of the ball that we've had in recent times.

Totally agree on McCann - he was one of my favourite players at Gers during his spell here. Never can understand Gers "fans" who slagged him off - the guy always gave his all for our jersey and put in some excellent performances, especially his 2 goals against the Heathens on 2nd May '99. (tu)

Its cause hes one of "them". Even after he scored these goals to win that title I still heard people saying things like, "did you see the wee fenian bas run towards the celtic support to celebrate then realised hed made a mistake. I heard a lot of people make that comment or comments along similair lines. Theres just no telling some folk. What more could wee Terry have done?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to have a habit of liking the players others don't rate - maybe because of the style of play I have and that I enjoy watching. A lot of bears in the stands seemed to boo any Rangers player who wasn't crashing into sliding tackles every 10 seconds.

I definitely underrated Amoruso though. After watching great Rangers captains and defenders I just couldnt' see him in that category, especially given some of the daft comments he made to the press in his early tenure at Ibrox. But looking back, he was a good player and well worth his place in the team.

I struggle remembering him fondly for the occasions he made le catastrophe in the really big games. 2 games in Europe spring to mind - one he handled in the box when the ball was over his head and going out for a goal kick, the other an attempted dribble to the halfway line where he was dispossessed and we lost a goal. Both of these lead to us going out of Europe.

used to play Larsson well though.

evens

Davie Robertson for me , hopefully Stevie Smith will be as succesful , he also had a good relationship with Laudrup down the left , how many times did Laudrup put him through with the pace Robertson had ....also made a James Hunt of Gerry McNee who thought he'd scored in an OF game , worth it just for showing that fat prick up !!!

Because the quality of team has now dropped considerably nearly all of the players that were deemed not good enough over the last two decades would now fit in quite well.

For me though I think Amato was one that i underrated :(

Mine is Arthur Numan. I was still in my early teens when he was here (20 now) and wasn't the all knowledgeful football being I am now :P

But..I didn't think at the time he was as good as everyone though. As soon as he left and I looked at some of our replacements it hit me just how good he was.

Great player, and sadly under-estimated by me.

Anyone got any others?

Spot on and agreed.

I'm a bit older, so mine is Tommy McLean. He was in the team when I first started going to Ibrox and I didn't rate him because he couldn't seem to beat a defender very often. I now realise that he didn't have to because his crossing was so accurate. Watching the current crop getting a cross onto a player's head one attempt in ten makes me realise how consistent Tommy was with his crossing.

As for Arthur Numan, I can't understand why anyone thought he wasn't superb player at the time.

Arteta - must admit he looks class now, but he really didn't play that well when he was with us.

I'm a bit older, so mine is Tommy McLean. He was in the team when I first started going to Ibrox and I didn't rate him because he couldn't seem to beat a defender very often. I now realise that he didn't have to because his crossing was so accurate. Watching the current crop getting a cross onto a player's head one attempt in ten makes me realise how consistent Tommy was with his crossing.

As for Arthur Numan, I can't understand why anyone thought he wasn't superb player at the time.

Arteta - must admit he looks class now, but he really didn't play that well when he was with us.

Tam McLean's accuracy was indeed astounding. Wee Doddie was another who was a right scorcher for us on his flying heiders..

Neil McCann was one of the guys who never got as much praise he deserved, the amount of goals the guy created was excellent...

Easily his best performance in a rangers shirt... he was one of the best crossers of the ball that we've had in recent times.

Totally agree on McCann - he was one of my favourite players at Gers during his spell here. Never can understand Gers "fans" who slagged him off - the guy always gave his all for our jersey and put in some excellent performances, especially his 2 goals against the Heathens on 2nd May '99. (tu)

Its cause hes one of "them". Even after he scored these goals to win that title I still heard people saying things like, "did you see the wee fenian bas run towards the celtic support to celebrate then realised hed made a mistake. I heard a lot of people make that comment or comments along similair lines. Theres just no telling some folk. What more could wee Terry have done?

I know. :rolleyes: Some people are just scoobied - nae use arguing with 'em.

Mine is Arthur Numan. I was still in my early teens when he was here (20 now) and wasn't the all knowledgeful football being I am now :P

But..I didn't think at the time he was as good as everyone though. As soon as he left and I looked at some of our replacements it hit me just how good he was.

Anyone got any others?

Personally,I've not given Hemdani enough credit,and as a group I don't think we appreciated what we had in Peter Lovenkrands(played in his correct position) (tu)

Wallace and Dodds are two that stick in my mind, I liked them when they were here, but thinking back, and given our recent positions, they were two great professionals with an eyes for goal.

Amato aswell, never likened to him at the time, but he was not half mad...some times...

Lovenkrands isn't as well thought of as he should be IMO. If he had been played through the middle a lot more then I think he could have been a truly great player for us. Ditto Shota! But the player I think was most underrated during his time with us has to be Colin Stein. One of the bravest footballers it's been my priviledge to watch. And he could score some really fantastic goals. I can remember him being booed by supposed "Rangers Fans" while he was playing with a fractured shoulder! doh

And his pinpoint cross cuttin out the entire Celtic central defence in the cup final, Lovenkrands nodding home in injury time.

tugay, been fantastic for blackburn since he went there. Also arveladze. Wasted at rangers when he could have been a scoring legend ( still had a good record despite being played out of position half the time). Much more talented outside the box than kris boyd. Would have liked to have seen them play together.

Mine is Arthur Numan. I was still in my early teens when he was here (20 now) and wasn't the all knowledgeful football being I am now  :P

Anyone got any others?

Craig Moore, Amo, quite a few others no doubt. I always thought Neil McCann was under-appreciated by everyone except me, I was gutted when he was shipped out.

Another McCann fan here, he was one of my favourites when he was here.

All of the ones who were punted by Murray during his mis- management in the past 8 yrs or so....Not including this season or last coz thet were mostly donkeys

:blink: your text isn't blue!!! Something's not right...

And his pinpoint cross cuttin out the entire Celtic central defence in the cup final, Lovenkrands nodding home in injury time.

Magic moment, nae doubt! (tu)

Magic moment, nae doubt! (tu)

The distant memories of good times :(

Was a stunning game though and i no that I went absolutley mad when that goal went in. <spinnir>