Rangers played who you haven't appreciated..

papaguy51

Mine is Arthur Numan. I was still in my early teens when he was here (20 now) and wasn't the all knowledgeful football being I am now :P

But..I didn't think at the time he was as good as everyone though. As soon as he left and I looked at some of our replacements it hit me just how good he was.

Great player, and sadly under-estimated by me.

Anyone got any others?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is Arthur Numan. I was still in my early teens when he was here (20 now) and wasn't the all knowledgeful football being I am now :P

But..I didn't think at the time he was as good as everyone though. As soon as he left and I looked at some of our replacements it hit me just how good he was.

Anyone got any others?

Craig Moore, Amo, quite a few others no doubt. I always thought Neil McCann was under-appreciated by everyone except me, I was gutted when he was shipped out.

Stuart Munro, Albertz (didn't like him to start with doh ), Porrini, Tugay, Rod Wallace.

More I can't think of at the mo.

Albertz, how dare you Chambo!

Lol.

If Walter Smith was posting on this he'd say Gattuso :lol:

Reyna for me.

Never the same player for Rangers after that green and whit barsteward gave him the aeroplane signal when taking a corner. I'l never forget that and will never forgive.

What do you expect from that lot?

I seem to have a habit of liking the players others don't rate - maybe because of the style of play I have and that I enjoy watching. A lot of bears in the stands seemed to boo any Rangers player who wasn't crashing into sliding tackles every 10 seconds.

I definitely underrated Amoruso though. After watching great Rangers captains and defenders I just couldnt' see him in that category, especially given some of the daft comments he made to the press in his early tenure at Ibrox. But looking back, he was a good player and well worth his place in the team.

Guest orangpendek
porrini? PORRINI? in god's name, why?

Better than what we have now! or since!

that's not exactly saying much! talk about damned with faint praise!

porrini? PORRINI? in god's name, why?

Better than what we have now! or since!

that's not exactly saying much! talk about damned with faint praise!

:lol:

He's better than the guys in the worst Rangers team I have ever seen!

Guest marvsbeliever

Stuart Munro - ahh memories. He was consistently the worst performer in the team up until his last season when he was superb. No disgrace to be the worst performer alongside the rest of a fabulous team either. then we had Davie Robertson and then Arthur Numan. I think we've decided to just not bother with a decent left back since then by the looks of things!! (Smith might get there) Similarly I think we've been looking for a decent right back since gary stevens left ! :wacko:

I think when he first arrived Mark Walters was under the shadow of Coop, but when you look back at his contribution to the rangers titles he was absolutley brilliant, even putting up with monkey chants and bananas. what a player.

others to get an honourable mention - Nigel "Rab" Spackman, Stuart Munro and Andy Dibble (kept a clean sheet in our nine in a row decider ;) )

Neil McCann was one of the guys who never got as much praise he deserved, the amount of goals the guy created was excellent...

Yeh and who could forget his contribution to win the league at the piggery

Easily his best performance in a rangers shirt... he was one of the best crossers of the ball that we've had in recent times.

Gatusso,never got enough praise as a rangers player IMO. or (wait for it)..Lovenkrands, he used to rip them in v celtic, and has scored some hugely important goals that have shaped our seasons. but then turned crap near the end.

but for me..Rod Wallace, a great wee player that was always in the right place at the right time

Neil McCann was one of the guys who never got as much praise he deserved, the amount of goals the guy created was excellent...

Yeh and who could forget his contribution to win the league at the piggery

Easily his best performance in a rangers shirt... he was one of the best crossers of the ball that we've had in recent times.

Totally agree on McCann - he was one of my favourite players at Gers during his spell here. Never can understand Gers "fans" who slagged him off - the guy always gave his all for our jersey and put in some excellent performances, especially his 2 goals against the Heathens on 2nd May '99. (tu)

Anyone got any others?

Knowledgable now?! You give yourself way to much credit. :P:lol: