Best ever atmosphere

rab wilson

Guest Manticore
5-1 v Celtic in 88 aswell was brilliant.

I was a season ticket holder in the Govan rear at the time and ive never saw the east enclosure bounce the way it did that day.

I was in the EE that day. It was mental, I was on crutches with a knee injury and the bouncning sent my recovery back weeks.

Worth it though.

Parma 2-0, or 3-1 against Them in the NIAR season. Albertz tubthumper freekick, Di Fanio equalisin, Bo Andersen gettin the last 2, in between which the Portuguese Wan O' These got a "perfectly good goal" (i.e. a marginal offside where he handled it anyway) ruled out. And the woman sittin next to my then-16 year old self was absolutely stunning! Magic.

For me it's the Dynamo Kiev game - tenderhooks all the way through it from the Kiev keepers mistake to the final whistle.. <bouncy>

Great Stuff!

Remember walking home that night and groups of young Celtic fans standing around with stones waiting for the Supporters buses to come by - Animals the lot of them... Having beat Kiev (who were a TOP outfit and maybe even a favourite to win the European Cup) these wee animals must've had real worries....

Just a pity Steau Bucharest (another great team) lay in wait... <tankkk>