if you could go back in time what era would you pick

minstral

i know it would be a hard choice but i would go back to the sixties to watch baxter, wilson, millar, and the rest of our great players. one of the reasons being the football we played was exciting to watch, with free flowing attacking football and none of the negative stuff we have to watch today, well folks look forward to reading your choices.

i know it would be a hard choice but i would go back to the sixties to watch baxter, wilson, millar, and the rest of our great players. one of the reasons being the football we played was exciting to watch, with free flowing attacking football and none of the negative stuff we have to watch today, well folks look forward to reading your choices.

Also the 60's for me minstral (tu) Would be outstanding to see the likes of Baxter playing in the flesh. I wonder if in 50 years people will be saying they want to go back to 2008 to see the likes of King Carlos in the flesh :lol:.

I'd like to go back to the team of laudrup, gascgoigne etc but only because i wasnt alive for any other time. All i know of baxter et al is what ive seen in videos.

would love to go back to see the likes of Willie Waddell and Willie Woodburn. my old grandpa still talks about those 2. he was at ibrox when we played moscow dynamo just after the end of WW2

I'd go back to the day Souness signed. I've never been so excited as a Rangers supporter.

The following months were just crazy with the papers filled with speculation about who was coming and when the likes of Butcher and Woods started leaving England and coming to Scotland the whole of Europe was in awe of Rangers spending power.

I think it was David Pleat who said, when we signed Gough, "How can they come up with that kind of money ?"

Good, good times !!!!!

:rangers:

60,s no doubt about it . scot symon was a great manager ,he built a team after 1/7 and whithin 3 year we had a team that beat tic 4 out of 5 times for 6 years till the age crept up on them. also he never changed the jersey in 10 year ,what value.

Like to go back to the days when Baxter ruled the roost at the age I am now and ram it into the trailer trash how good we were then but also would like to relive the days when we won the treble at Parkhead, the NIAR row years, it always seemed the Sun was shining. And if I could I would change our fortune in Europe 92-93 Season, that was our year, we were cheated out at least a Final appearance, it eats away at me a bit that ! :sherlock:

Like to go back to the days when Baxter ruled the roost at the age I am now and ram it into the trailer trash how good we were then but also would like to relive the days when we won the treble at Parkhead, the NIAR row years, it always seemed the Sun was shining. And if I could I would change our fortune in Europe 92-93 Season, that was our year, we were cheated out at least a Final appearance, it eats away at me a bit that ! :sherlock:

Well said. Completely agree with this.

I also when very young saw the likes of G Young, I McColl, M Murray, Billy Simpson, J Hubbard, Sammy Baird play and these games were always exciting to watch.

Never saw Waddel, Woodburn, Dawson, Gray, Shaw,Thornton, etc. they were a little earlier.

Would loved to have seen Woodburn play. Also before that McPhail and Morton and some of that era too.

Easily the sixties,back when we played the 1-2-3-5 formation.Nothing better than watching two wingers getting to the byline and actually getting the ball into

the box,and two inside forwards working their socks off for 90 mins.(no subs back then) going box to box,and creative wing halves doubling back to help in

defence.They were exciting times in football.

Just thinking about the sixties and the utter boring shite we are forced to watch now-a-days,makes this old Bear

want to cry. :(

Easily the sixties,back when we played the 1-2-3-5 formation.Nothing better than watching two wingers getting to the byline and actually getting the ball into

the box,and two inside forwards working their socks off for 90 mins.(no subs back then) going box to box,and creative wing halves doubling back to help in

Just thinking about the sixties and the utter boring shite we are forced to watch now-a-days,makes this old Bear

Well said bear, I missed the 60's (was born in '67) but everything Ive been told about it makes me wish Id seen it.

Especially some of the tripe these past three seasons! Its been woeful. Even the UEFA Final was dreadful. We never really gave it a go at all.

Well said. Completely agree with this.

I also when very young saw the likes of G Young, I McColl, M Murray, Billy Simpson, J Hubbard, Sammy Baird play and these games were always exciting to watch.

Never saw Waddel, Woodburn, Dawson, Gray, Shaw,Thornton, etc. they were a little earlier.

Would loved to have seen Woodburn play. Also before that McPhail and Morton and some of that era too.

Much the same time as I started to be taken to games; Niven ,Shearer, Caldow, McColl,Young and Davis, Scott,Simpson,Murray, Baird and Hubbard, trips off the tongue, there was also Don Kitchenbrand who I saw a few times. Woodburn was banned for life before this but was a legend. Second half of the 50's and especially the early 60's; my golden era. Skillful power football when the team went out to win and to lose a goal could start some reaction amongst the players.