New Captain for season

Amac9

Thomson for me.

Cuellar is a great player but I'm not convinced that he'd make a great captain. I don't think the influence of Weir can be underestimated in allowing Cuellar to settle in last season, and I think Carlos would be best left to concentrate on maintaining his excellent form from last season.

Thomson on the other hand already has captaincy experience from Hibs, and as a player growing in influence, I think the captains armband would benefit him and give him a further injection of confidence in a Rangers jersey. I also think he's got the character to lead those around him, and could be seen firing back verbals even at Barry Ferguson on occassion last season.

Certainly has to be someone that's pretty much guaranteed a first team place, in my view, so McGregor, Cuellar and Thomson would be the only candidates I reckon.

Thomson for me.

Cuellar is a great player but I'm not convinced that he'd make a great captain. I don't think the influence of Weir can be underestimated in allowing Cuellar to settle in last season, and I think Carlos would be best left to concentrate on maintaining his excellent form from last season.

Thomson on the other hand already has captaincy experience from Hibs, and as a player growing in influence, I think the captains armband would benefit him and give him a further injection of confidence in a Rangers jersey. I also think he's got the character to lead those around him, and could be seen firing back verbals even at Barry Ferguson on occassion last season.

Certainly has to be someone that's pretty much guaranteed a first team place, in my view, so McGregor, Cuellar and Thomson would be the only candidates I reckon.

Totally agree there, Thomson for me as well. King Carlos is a brilliant player but not the captain type.

Thomson, McGregor or Davie Weir if Walter decides to play him.

McGregor. Thomson as VC. Cuellar's an outstanding player and would lead by example to an extent but he doesn't seem to have all the other attributes you'd look for? And I'm not sure how good is English is! ;)

McGregor. Thomson as VC. Cuellar's an outstanding player and would lead by example to an extent but he doesn't seem to have all the other attributes you'd look for? And I'm not sure how good is English is! ;)

Thomson. Agree about Cuellar and I'm never keen on a goalie as Captain.

Why do some people think McGregor has a chance of being captain?

He's way down the pecking order, Probably behind Kenny Miller.

Its between Thomson and Cuellar IMO

Because he's one of the most important members of our team and if fit he'll be an ever-present. He's very passionate and vocal on the field. He drives his team-mates on and gives them the encouragement they need. He also leads by example by giving his all - putting everything on the line for the team. I think he's got excellent leadership qualities.

Out of interest, why do you think he's so far down the pecking order?

Because he's one of the most important members of our team and if fit he'll be an ever-present. He's very passionate and vocal on the field. He drives his team-mates on and gives them the encouragement they need. He also leads by example by giving his all - putting everything on the line for the team. I think he's got excellent leadership qualities.

Allan McGregor is not a leader.

He struggles to command his own box, never mind lead 10 men.

He is constantly in the press, he needs to grow up and concentrate on his own game

I'd put 4 players before McGregor....... Thomson, Cuellar, Weir and Boyd

He is constantly in the press, he needs to grow up and concentrate on his own game

Boyd?! Settle down!

Boyd?! Settle down!

Boyd has captained Rangers more times than Thomson, Cuellar, Weir and McGregor

I love King Carlos, and he has the respect of everyone.

But I think he's more of a follower than a leader.

Thomson comes across as a more suitable candidate.

But that said, I wouldn't object if the King was made Kaptain.

Thomson has that bite about him that I think a Captain needs. Cuellar, as good as he is, doesn't have that in my opinion.