Get off WS back ...

joop10

As i said get of his back! all this pish "he's not going to sign anyone" etc is bullcrap ! he is probably the best manager we could have in terms of knowing what needs to be done to win the league and he needs our support ! all this crap "is he the man to lead us forward" maybe not long term but for this season give him your 100% support then next season we can concentrate on buildidng a "new rangers" !

As i said get of his back! all this pish "he's not going to sign anyone" etc is bullcrap ! he is probably the best manager we could have in terms of knowing what needs to be done to win the league and he needs our support ! all this crap "is he the man to lead us forward" maybe not long term but for this season give him your 100% support then next season we can concentrate on buildidng a "new rangers" !

yes he does know how to win the league, and proved that last season. :rolleyes:

yes he does know how to win the league, and proved that last season. :rolleyes:

Short memories i guess !

Minstral has a pretty long (ie: very old/vast) memory!

he ment short memories as in the amount of championships walter has won us in the past

but........ thats exactly what it is,in the past

this is his most important season ever imo,even bigger than 10inarow season :( for obvious reasons

I would rather we lost the league, playing good enjoyable football. Than watchting that utter pish all season, with no return.

"concentrate on buildidng a "new rangers" ! "

Smith wants 11 scots. We will not win the league with 11 scots.

id take winning the league with pish fitba this season again if it stopped them ugly bassa's pulling further in front

I would rather we lost the league, playing good enjoyable football. Than watchting that utter pish all season, with no return.

id take winning the league with pish fitba this season again if it stopped them ugly bassa's pulling further in front

So would i, but it didnt work did it.

it probably will be if we do not get a couple of decent players in

as for winning the league , lets hope so

We could live in the past forever, Memories are great but they dotn make up for the disappointment of losing the league every year.

Walter deserves praise for past, but he deserves critisism for the present.

Get it sorted or get out and let someone else try

We didn't play good football, we didn't stop Celtic, we didn't win 'ugly', in fact we handed the league to them on plate for the fourth year running and surrendered to Zenit in Europe.

The 'new Rangers' - tell that to Walter because I don't see anything 'new' about his team building, his style, the injury list or our signings.

Everyone forgets that the criticism has not happened overnight. As our form declined following the split, and rumours about Misser's arrival began to grow, more and more of began to question Walter's judgement and decision making. What we're seeing and hearing now is the chickens coming home to roost, not some suddent swing against Walter.

Ill just view last season as a rebuilding of the club from what is was. Im attempting to separate the emotions that come with us throwing the league away and comparing to what it was like under le guen. I think this is the season that Walter will and should be judged on and it will determine rangers and his own future. I hope Walter changes tactics, i really do but I just cannot see it

Ill just view last season as a rebuilding of the club from what is was. Im attempting to separate the emotions that come with us throwing the league away and comparing to what it was like under le guen. I think this is the season that Walter will and should be judged on and it will determining his and rangers own future. I hope Walter changes tactics, i really do but I just cannot see it

I think that is a good approach and one that most of us are taking. Unfortunately I also agree that WS will not change his tactics and I fear the worst if we do not bring in a bit of class to the mid field.

He deserves all the flack he is getting at the moment, everyone knows the type of player we are screaming out for, and all we have done is treble up on our strikers, resigned Webster and Dailly, all in all hee haw improvement to our squad, you cant kid the fans on ffs, he has had praise aplenty in the past and will get plenty more if we play something resembling football again.

Walter Smith has had a very easy ride at Rangers. At any other big Club in England or the Continent, his ass would have been fired for last season's SPL campaign and the Uefa Cup debacle - two cups lifted or not.

His repeated failure in Europe during the 1990's and his failure of 10-In-Row would have brought other supporters out in protest at prospect of his return. And from what I can see, nothing has been learned from those past mistakes.

Walter's chickens are only coming in to roost.

Walter Smith has had a very easy ride at Rangers. At any other big Club in England or the Continent, his ass would have been fired for last season's SPL campaign and the Uefa Cup debacle - two cups lifted or not.

His repeated failure in Europe during the 1990's and his failure of 10-In-Row would have brought other supporters out in protest at prospect of his return. And from what I can see, nothing has been learned from those past mistakes.

Now you made me laugh - '...the Uefa Cup debacle ...', '... his failure to win 10 in a row...' (after delivering 6 of the 9 in a row).

Laugh out LOud - thats at you, not with you. Getting to the UEFA final was a debacle - Laugh again!!

If you had been refering to the way the SPL handled it yes, debacle yes, - but as critisism of Smith - utter nonsense. I suppose you did NOT cheer when Novo scored the penalty to get us there. Yes we had dissapointment at losing the league but NO manager who has one 2 cups, got to the UEFA cup final, and was runner up in their league would get the sack after their first full season (except at Chelsea or Hearts - both run by absolute nutters!!).

When we win the league this year - I am going to have an even bigger laugh at all you Smith nay-sayers!!

I dont think so mate

Now you made me laugh - '...the Uefa Cup debacle ...', '... his failure to win 10 in a row...' (after delivering 6 of the 9 in a row).

Laugh out LOud - thats at you, not with you. Getting to the UEFA final was a debacle - Laugh again!!

Your quotes are very selective - I never said reaching the Uefa Cup Final was a 'debacle' but the performance on the night was deeply disappointing. No-one fan I have spoken to has said otherwise and believe me, I'd have been the first to celebrate the win.

Walter won us many league titles for which I'll always be grateful (especially in these times), but if 10-In-Row was not a failure then what was it? A rip roaring success? In what state did Walter leave the Club first time around? Off the back of the successes of 9INAR or off the back of the failure to get 10? And just what has Walter learned in years away from Ibrox?

If you had been refering to the way the SPL handled it yes, debacle yes, - but as critisism of Smith - utter nonsense.

My views of the SPL's spineless handling of that fixture pile-up are well known and I'll repeat them again for your benefit: it was a disgrace, every bit as bad as Celtic cynical behaviour. I do not blame Walter for what happened there (his dignity was a credit to the Club (tu) ) but I do believe he is to be held account for the decline in the team's form.

Yes, the players were tired, but our dreadful away form was as much down to his stubborn refusal to change his system and fully utilize his squad. One away against a top six team and the manager is not to blame? One man up front until St Mirren? McCullough to start in the Final whislt Novo was on the bench? Falling back at Celtic Park when we had their nuts in a vice? You, mate, are not on.

I suppose you did NOT cheer when Novo scored the penalty to get us there.

That is just childish and pathetic. Criticise my viewpoints by all means, but not my loyalty or my commitment to Rangers FC. I was delighted when reached the Final and gutted when we lost. And what made it all thew more galling was that we never even made a better fist of it. I celebrated that moment long and loud, believe you me.

Yes we had dissapointment at losing the league but NO manager who has one 2 cups, got to the UEFA cup final, and was runner up in their league would get the sack after their first full season (except at Chelsea or Hearts - both run by absolute nutters!!).

Fair point, but we rode our luck in places. Also, I never said Walter should be sacked, only comparing what might have happened if he'd been running a similar sized club in the Continent. I'm grateful that we won two cups but that will not count for beans if we do not try to improve on what we've managed achieve so far.

When we win the league this year - I am going to have an even bigger laugh at all you Smith nay-sayers!!

For what it's worth I actually hope that you are right and I'll be happy to be proved wrong. I'd rather Rangers win than be proved correct.

I dont think so mate

Only speculation.

I gave Walter 100% backing last season as he tried to steady the ship. He admitted that we were not pretty to watch and I accepted that. Even if we had played worse than we did last season I would have accepted that with a view to the overall picture of getting us back on track.

Sorry, but what I watched on Saturday was a Smith inspired disaster. Nothing has changed, in fact, we are worse than last season. As it stands today Smith deserves stick.

This is no kneejerk reaction, some of walters decisions towards the end of last season were questionable to say the least. Not replacing hutton (even short term) and allowing clubfoot to give us such an obvious weakness at rb, not even giving buffel a chance in a midfield that was dying on its feet and desperate for some creativity, playing one up front against motherwell in the 3rd last game of the season when we desperately needed a win and although getting to the uefa cup final was obviously a fantastic achievement in itself i still cant believe we offered so little against a team that imo we had the beating of if we'd made a go of it. Add this to the big "fuck you" he gave the 30,000 fans who let him know in no uncertain terms that kenny misser was not welcome at our club and you can understand why people aren't feeling fully confident about the gaffer at the moment. He's been asked to move on once before because it was felt he could take the club no further, financially we're obviously on a different planet now but ffs surely were better than broadfoot, mcculloch, mhiller, dailly, webster etc.., all smiths signings not a Rangers player amongst them.