Celtc sign Marc Crosas

Muff

Exclusive: £2.5m to get Marc Crosas on permanent deal, Celtic told

Jul 31 2008 By Neil Cameron

BARCELONA chiefs last night revealed Celtic had entered talks about signing Marc Crosas on a permanent deal.

And the Parkhead club have been told they will have to splash out £2.5million for the 20-year-old midfielder.

Record Sport revealed yesterday the player was keen on moving to the SPL champions on a year-long loan, with Sevilla also interested in snapping him up.

If Crosas did join Celtic full-time, Barca would put in place a clause that would give them first option on him if he was to leave Glasgow.

The Catalans believe he could be a replacement for star midfielder Xavi in a few years' time. But even if Celtic boss Gordon Strachan does decide to make his move they will have to show some patience before anything can be completed.

Crosas was in Florence with the Barcelona squad last night for a friendly with Fiorentina. Today he will fly out with the first team for a week in the United States.

Some reports in Barcelona yesterday suggested Celtic would have to fork out anything up to £2m just to complete a loan deal for the upcoming season. But these claims have been shot down and a figure of £500,000 is believed to be more realistic.

Speaking to the Spanish media, a Barca spokesman said: "Celtic have talked to us about both a loan and permanent deal regarding Marc Crosas.

"They know what that will cost. Marc is to travel to America with the team so we don't think anything will happen until they return."

Crosas himself admitted he would prefer to get his next deal sorted out sooner rather than later because he knows he won't be a regular at Barcelona this season.

He said: "I want to start training with my new team as quickly as possible."

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/2008/07...86908-20677940/

This is the type of player we should be going for! and 2.5m is a bargain!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be too bothered about someone Barcelona rate as less than half as good as Arteta, before you even take inflation into account.

A very ordinary player whom I would be embarrassed to be beaten to a jersey by.

do you actually know anything about football <_<

I wouldn't be too bothered about someone Barcelona rate as less than half as good as Arteta, before you even take inflation into account.

More than you. That's for sure.

whatever :rolleyes:

whatever :rolleyes:

Am I bothered?

Oleg, I think you are grossly underestimating Crosas but I won't question your footballing knowledge due to it.

If it was between Crosas for £2.5m and Davis for £4m, I'd go with the young Spaniard any day (tu)

Oleg, I think you are grossly underestimating Crosas but I won't question your footballing knowledge due to it.

If it was between Crosas for £2.5m and Davis for £4m, I'd go with the young Spaniard any day (tu)

He's played about 10 games in his career. I've seen a few and he reminds me a bit of Arteta, but less of a presence.

Davis is more what we need with his energy and movement.

We've already got Hemdani, Thomson and Ferguson for that position.

He's played about 10 games in his career. I've seen a few and he reminds me a bit of Arteta, but less of a presence.

Davis is more what we need with his energy and movement.

As I said earlier, I've seen him a lot at several levels for Barca (thanks to the channel that is Eurosport! Under 18/19/21 European Cup! :lol:) and I think the lad is a cracking player.

In a midfield with Barry, Thommo, Beasley, (Novo?) etc we have enough energy, movement and graft.

I'd like a bit of quality for a change :(

Why does that lot keep going for the sort of player we are overlooking? Like I've said on the thread about Tamas, I've got an interest in French football and this guy is exactly the type of player I'd love to see grace our jersey. The only bonus I see is reports are saying Barca will only sell at £2.5 if they can include a buy-back clause.

But as per usual, we'll be linked with the usual f*cking dross from the Championship. I don't know what we even pay our scouts for. :rolleyes:

i just went on his wiki page and it said

Celtic Fc are currently in talks to

take Crosas on a year long loan or on a permenent basis. Crosas has already expressed interest in a move to the SPL and

former European champions.

added " and second most successful club in Scotland." to the end :D

I have to admit to overhyping young Crosas quite a bit after doing some research on the player.

Theres been loads of hype around him in Spain and when i heard he was available i jumped the gun a bit by describing him as the next Iniesta.

He's still a cracking talent, he's probably better than every midfielder in the SPL bar Ferguson but when i asked my Barca supporting mate about him he said "overrated, the next Thiago Motta!"

They have also been linked with...

And the Parkhead club are also hot on the trail of a second Barca superkid, targeting a loan move for midfielder Jeffren Suarez.

Jeffren is a decent, pacey winger.

No more than decent, but again, would walk it in the SPL.

They have also been linked with...

And the Parkhead club are also hot on the trail of a second Barca superkid, targeting a loan move for midfielder Jeffren Suarez.

Jeffren is a decent, pacey winger.

No more than decent, but again, would walk it in the SPL.

Thats the point Papa, who do we have that can walk it :angry2:

It's a gamble to spend i upwards of 2Million on an unproven midfielder

Up to £4m on Lafferty?

It's the same price as Khenny Miller and only £1m less than Velicka!