463 members have voted

1. 1. Give your view

• yes
    • no

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Change one word in the song and why not.

Normally I would ask what word, argue to the death about how it isn't sectarian and whatnot, but I just can't be arsed...

What are UEFA gonna do if we do sing it?/

Ban us from Europe??

just pisses me off that the mhanky fuckers can sing whatever they want and call it "folk songs"

country is going to the dogs when a republican anti british club gets away with more than a proper british and scottish club!

Change one word in the song and why not.

Normally I would ask what word, argue to the death about how it isn't sectarian and whatnot, but I just can't be arsed...

I agree 100% that the word aint sectarian but that isn't the view of UEFA. This could have been appealed but Murray and co couldn't be arsed either.

Change fenian to sellik and what arguement would they have as numerous other clubs sing this song.

To be honest, if one word was changed, nothing could be done. Rangers may have banned the song completely but if they had thousands of supporters singing this song without any sectarian chants, I couldn't see them banning all the fans singing it.

Problem is however obviously some fans will still sing and chant sectarian words.

Get it back now with the original words, fcuk them it's time to say GIRUY to politically correct. :sherlock:

We can't do that , we are staring down the barrel of a fine and points deduction if BB is reintroduced in its original form. God knows we will need all the points we can get to start with , so I say lets rework the contentious stuff in the song and bring it back. That way you get the full-on roar "Hulllooo , Hullloo!" which starts the tune , IMO the most intimidating and useful part of the BB.

What are UEFA gonna do if we do sing it?/

Ban us from Europe??

just pisses me off that the mhanky fuckers can sing whatever they want and call it "folk songs"

country is going to the dogs when a republican anti british club gets away with more than a proper british and scottish club!

Or fine us money we dont have now that we're not in europe? Ban us from europe for future seasons?

The issue of Celtic is a seperate.

you have a good point there! and i know it would be stupid to risk the club's name being dragged through the dirt again!

its extremely frustrating though! very much feels as though we are being singled out!

Get it back now with the original words, fcuk them it's time to say GIRUY to politically correct. :sherlock:

I said this all along.........fuck UEFA. When do we win anything in Europe nowadays anyway?

I'd accept a European ban if we could just start enjoying matchdays again.

Feck it, why don't we go the whole hog and chase all the beads out of Ibrox altogether?

If we want a good singalong at our own stadium, who the fuck is to say we cant?

A 10 year European ban would soon get rid of all these PC cunts who have attached themselves to The Rangers, and then we could have some proper atmosphere again.

FC Rangers anyone?