If Walter is the man who I think he is...

D'Artagnan

As footy fans we have short memories, don't get me wrong im one of them, we worshipped McCoist during his time as a Rangers player and trusted smith as the father of our club. If any thing i think he would "go upstairs" and hand the reigns to McCoist.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would expect him to step down now.

Discuss.

He should step down and blame this fiasco on Bain and the players. Say he didn't have the support to sign the people he wanted and that the players were over confident about playing Kaunus. Say they didn't listen to him etc. Write a book about it.

I think he should think about his legacy at Rangers and abandon ship, saying anything that makes him look better...even if it is lies.

Trouble with mate is that Bain and Murray will come out and say they offered him the money. Then a war of words evolves and that is no good for Rangers at this moment in time.

As footy fans we have short memories, don't get me wrong im one of them, we worshipped McCoist during his time as a Rangers player and trusted smith as the father of our club. If any thing i think he would "go upstairs" and hand the reigns to McCoist.

ally is not the man to take over it would just be the same as it is now.

Guest johngers

McCoist is an assistant manager, an ideal one too. However, I do not think either him or Durrant are capable of managing Rangers. The next manager needs to have a proven track record in the transfer market, Europe and domestically. Something which, I fear, our Club may not be able to attract.

Why should the man step down? He has made a fuck-up but people make mistakes. I think people calling for the managers head is a disgrace. Look what we achieved last season and allright we are out of Europe but we can win the treble.

If at end of season we don't win a thing then for me thats the time for calling for the managers head. We don't know whats going on over at ibrox.

...people make mistakes.

We do. But it's vital that lessons are learned from these mistakes and not repeated. Walters insistence to stick with shite players, shite formations, shite tactics and shite signings shows that he is not learning from his mistakes!

Why should the man step down? He has made a fuck-up but people make mistakes. I think people calling for the managers head is a disgrace. Look what we achieved last season and allright we are out of Europe but we can win the treble.

If at end of season we don't win a thing then for me thats the time for calling for the managers head. We don't know whats going on over at ibrox.

I hear what your saying, but we have watched the beggars win 6 of 8 titles, they are at 3 in a row, and if we dont sort it soon they will be disasapearing over the hill with 10 in a row. Walter has had a decent kitty, and has taken us backwards years, in fact that was the worst rangers team in over 20 years. he has a proven goalscorer, but wont play him, preferring to use a judas scumbag, who has a career average of 7/8 goals PER SEASON, throughout his career. that is the act of a madman IMO. how long do we wait? do we wait until we are 4th, playing in front of 20,000, and watching christian fucking dailly on a regular basis. i have said this many times since tuesday, but every Bear i knew was disgusted at the team on tuesday before a ball was kicked. is it not a tad worying that the supporters could see it coming, but our manager couldn't?

I dont think there's any chance of him leaving just before the start of the season. That would throw us in to even more disarray! Though I get the feeling that this could be his last season here whatever the outcome, then McCoist will replace him.

Sorry to sound repetitive, but signing Kenny Miller proved that Walter is no longer the man we thought he was.

Totally agree. Add that to his tactics and style of play.

Well his tactics and style of play were always a bit debatable during his first period at the club. But signing someone as opposed as Miller was... I'd have never thought he'd do that to us.

(tu)(tu)(tu)(tu)

the man should be given till the end of the season, if we fail to lift number 52 this May then he should be shown the door....

I like my fellow bears just cant get my head around his signings close season - to sign 3 strikers and not fix the midfield shows a complete lack of judgement. For someone with his experience along with Ally and Kenny it doesn't make much sense

I do agree with some peoples views here. It frustrates me that he consistantly doesn't play Boyd when he is a goalscorere and his devil tactics but i do think he came in last season to turn us around and he did that. He has fecked up with this qualifier but it can't all be blamed on the manager surely. Perhaps this is a blessing in disguise and we needed to drop out so we can put all our efforts into securing this treble.

Has anyone signed up for the BBC predictor? I have and i predict that we will win 2-1 at the weekend. Its very exciting because you get points awared according to what you predict and can''t wait hee hee.

Mon the Gers!!!!!

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

A disgrace ?

Let me give you disgrace.....

Losing to a team of minnows like we did the other night is a disgrace.

Playing the most negative football I have ever seen in following Rangers for 40 years is a disgrace.

Signing players who have neither natural ability or talent is a disgrace.

Having a totally unbalanced squad is a disgrace.

Failing to address the obvious weakenesses in our team is a disgrace.

I can tell you now True Blue Gal if you think midweek was a painful experience I would warn you that you better prepare yourself for a lot more pain this coming season.

(tu)(tu)(tu)(tu)

the man should be given till the end of the season, if we fail to lift number 52 this May then he should be shown the door....

I think if we fail then he would step down - either that or we the supporters would demand it

What frightens me is when I hear someone as credible as DA being so forthright in his condemnation of WS. If DA feels like this, then the bulk of the support must be near breaking point.

But we must not let our hearts rule our heads just now. Getting rid of WS is the easy part, but who will replace him?

Super Ally is not the answer and, with the new season about to start, where are we going to get a manager of the required standard and experience? Not only do we have to find a manager quickly, but we have to convince him to take over at a club with rubbish players AND NO TRANSFER BUDGET TO REPLACE THEM.

No matter who we might get, can you honestly see SDM releasing sufficient funds to rebuild ANOTHER team?

Before the Kaunas game, I had a post where I predicted that this mess was on the cards. In my worst nightmares, I never imagined that it would happen so quickly.

The bad news is (imo) that the best we can hope for is a bit of tinkering with the team, probably 2 new midfielders and possibly 1 other. Whether WS has the werewith all to change the playing style is another matter.

The good news (imo) is that Celtic are not as far ahead of us as they would like everyone to believe. They were lucky enough to take the leagus last year and so far they have not improved their team at all.

The Celtic media are hyping up this Barca kid. Setanta news (surprise, surprise) called him a "wonderkid". At a time when run of the mill journey men players are going for muti millions (Andy Johnstone ffs for 10m) how many wonder kids can you get for £750.000?

Celtic are better than us at the minute but not that much better. The big difference is confidence and, if WS can rebuild that then the league is possible. Has WS lost the dressing room?

I would expect him to step down now.

Discuss.

He should step down and blame this fiasco on Bain and the players. Say he didn't have the support to sign the people he wanted and that the players were over confident about playing Kaunus. Say they didn't listen to him etc. Write a book about it.

I think he should think about his legacy at Rangers and abandon ship, saying anything that makes him look better...even if it is lies.

You want the manager of the club to act like a complete cunt...why?

It was just sarcasm!

doh! :blush: