The chairman speaks

andyspeake

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall i felt the interview was SDM's reply to the internet rumour mill. He was certainly bristling with anger, he was pissed of at those who make statements with no proof.

Exactly. I've gotten pissed myself at people who come on RM and post a random piece of negative info without any proof/links/sources whatsoever. They should all just STFU.

And those saying he's "out of ideas". What the hell does that mean? What's a good "idea" for RFC?

mate its a discussion board, take things with a pinch of salt, its no different than having a chat down the pub, people are negative because there is no positivity coming from ibrox at the moment

We have SDM rattled, it's just a matter of time before he cracks :pipe:

disagree, he is very strong minded and this was a fantastic way to put the conspiracy theorists to bay imo

still after that interview I am reserving further judgment till the end of the transfer window

He seemed to me he's on the edge, Running out of idea's, and wanting away (tu)

Well seen we never asked him, what happened to the big announcement about the £700Million Moonbeam or is it not the end of may yet :pipe:

Same old shite from SDM (td)

this is what he means about people on websites twisting stuff, he didnt seem rattled at all

Looks like the "King of Deflection" has done it again (tu)

Where does this leave the Murray out protestors? He wants out but cant find a buyer. Is there really much point in protesting?

No there isnt . the sooner people realise it the better .

whole interview played perfectly for me.

Onto the contents. The questions etc were clearly rehearsed but SDM did show genuine passion for the job. Would have liked to hear his thoughts on Nunez more, didnt say much when the interviewer mentioned him. Said he thought club was in great shape, don't think I agree with that completely.

Mentioned watching the under19's beat Falkirk 5-0 and that Walters sees a few of them making it to the first team squad over next couple of seasons. Lets hope that happens sooner rather than later. Also the 'put your money where your mouth is' quote thats been mentioned already. Also said that Smith, Bain and himself had a 2 hour meeting this morning to discuss targets but these wouldn't necessarily be rushed along in signing in time for Hearts.

Pretty much sums it up. A regular quarterly free interview with the chairman on the website would be a good idea I think.

Good interview imo.

SDM right on one point that its easy for us fans to criticise his every move, especially when fuelled by the media. Impossible to please everyone, as he says he was criticised when he spent money like water, know hes tightened the purse he is abused.

how many times did he say a good business deal

how many times did he nervously twitch

we are the rangers mr murray

more than a club

i sincerely hope someone with a rangers heart and not a business one

comes in to buy you out

mr murray

G.T.F :rangers:

SDM's angry and frustrated?

Fuck, how does he think WE feel?!

yeah but ur not having lies spread in the press and phone ins and all that day in day out.....how many death threats or threats of violence has he had on this board alone lol

think he has more of a right do you?

Overall i felt the interview was SDM's reply to the internet rumour mill. He was certainly bristling with anger, he was pissed of at those who make statements with no proof.

Exactly. I've gotten pissed myself at people who come on RM and post a random piece of negative info without any proof/links/sources whatsoever. They should all just STFU.

And those saying he's "out of ideas". What the hell does that mean? What's a good "idea" for RFC?

Well we tried the "buy them young, sell them big" routine under McLeish, that failed. We tried the foreign manager route again with PLG, that failed. We're now back with Smith and we're really arent any better off than we were under McLeish. We've been rebuilding for 5 seasons now, the club doesnt have a set direction.

RFC needs a new vision and only a rehaul of the hierarchy will provide that.

The 'put your money where your mouth is' quote is clearly a swipe at people like us who use the internet/phone ins etc.

And that's quite simply fucking ridculous from Murray. We're not the ones sitting on £600m, yet squabbling over £500k for players we desperately need.

A rather immature comment from our chairman there I feel.

Im at work and canny watch it!!!

What was said??

Anything on possible transfers or on money available???

Did he talk utter pish??

the bullet points were

*Disappointed in Cuellar leaving in a football sense but in a financial way it was a good bit of business

*All the Cuellar money is available for transfers but wont be rushed into signings

*conspiracy theorists, media, phone-ins and unofficial websites dont have a clue and are cauing trouble based on a lie

*i still want out but wont go till the club is in safe hands and if all these consipracy guys and phone in people say they have the funds to take over etc. put yer money where ur mouth is and put an offer on the table

really them points just rehashed in the interview over and over in different ways!

(tu)

I think he knows exactly how we feel mate,

The guy still loves Rangers thats easy to see IMO and he will be just as annoyed as us, perhaps even more!

I was actually very impressed by this speech. Put your money where your mouth is was especially good.

Murray must stay.

Apart from the genuine passion he showed to find the right buyer, what was so good about it? He used a fecking reserve result as an example of how he was confident of the clubs future!

Fair interview and I haven't blamed him in the midst of our situation, its the managers fault for the Kaunus loss, thats all!

All the money goes into player transfers from Cuellars deal

He wants out but wont give us to anyone....plus nothing has been offered to him!

He is spot on and I cant blame him for seeming slightly annoyed! He will find us the right buyer not any buyer....

yeah but ur not having lies spread in the press and phone ins and all that day in day out.....how many death threats or threats of violence has he had on this board alone lol

Oh Christ, it's a messge board! We aren't going to kill him.

Having lies spread about me? If I had £600m I really wouldn't be giving a fuck to be honest.

I'd be more interested in signing a few midfielders (tu)

how many times did he say a good business deal

how many times did he nervously twitch

we are the rangers mr murray

more than a club

i sincerely hope someone with a rangers heart and not a business one

comes in to buy you out

mr murray

G.T.F :rangers:

That's going to be difficult when whoever comes in will always be looking for a return also.

We are a Business and if we are not balancing the books we could go under, see Celtic before Fergus McCann to get an idea of this.

More than a Club, Yes, A Business also.

I don't agree with a lot of the things he has done but what else can he do if no one else is prepared to come in??

This is the question a lot of fans need to ask themselves....

Oh Christ, it's a messge board! We aren't going to kill him.

Having lies spread about me? If I had £600m I really wouldn't be giving a fuck to be honest.

I'd be more interested in signing a few midfielders (tu)

(tu) maybe kaka and Pirlo

hurry up Papa earn 600 mill and become chairman I want to be on the board mind you

ok

we do put our feelings on the web/fone ins

thats coz we cant get into the private meets at ibrox

this is the only place we can apart from the stands

stop pulling your fans down mr murray

coz

WE ARRA PEOPLE

and we wont stand for it :rangers: :unionflag: