So is Ibrox not getting expanded anymore ?

NOLUWDC

Rangers Were Originally Supposed To Be At 60000 Or Near It But Instead They Go The Big TV Screens

I Personally Think We Should Get Rid Of Them And Raise The Capacity! Any1 Else?

We Don't Really Need Big TV'S-Do We?

Better Uefa Nights And Old Firm Games :rangers:

:unionflag:

I have no doubt that the current economic conditions have led to stadium expansion plans being dropped for now. Plans have to change as the market changes, expansion will be back on the agenda when things improve.

here's hoping :beer2:

We have the biggest support in Scotland, and for most of our history we've had a bigger

capacity than semtex fc, and that's the way I'd like it to return one day.

However, what worries me is Murray's statement about the new development "enhancing all the ground around Ibrox" may mean that in future there may be no scope to re-develop the stadium

itself!!

I have no doubt that the current economic conditions have led to stadium expansion plans being dropped for now. Plans have to change as the market changes, expansion will be back on the agenda when things improve.

its only been a matter of months since he came out with this, Surely the statement below suggests he lied to us and for some unknown reason we are rollling over and letting him away with it..................and not for the first time.

"My reputation is on the line and I have put a lot of work into this. The plans are at an advanced stage. There are various proposals and we will lodge an outline planning application followed by a detailed application. It was not our choice to bring it into the public domain and it is a very big development but by the beginning of May we hope to be able to let people know our options.

"We could either develop everything or do it in sections. We have been enthused by the level of interest from our partners, investors and shareholders. People want to get involved in what would not just be a football stadium.

We need 70,000

Thats half a mil extra a year and if we dont we just fall further behind them.

we should go 80,000 and have the biggest club stadium in Britain

Old Trafford will be 96,000 in a few years time. They are putting a 2nd tier on the south stand.

its only been a matter of months since he came out with this, Surely the statement below suggests he lied to us and for some unknown reason we are rollling over and letting him away with it..................and not for the first time.

"My reputation is on the line and I have put a lot of work into this. The plans are at an advanced stage. There are various proposals and we will lodge an outline planning application followed by a detailed application. It was not our choice to bring it into the public domain and it is a very big development but by the beginning of May we hope to be able to let people know our options.

"We could either develop everything or do it in sections. We have been enthused by the level of interest from our partners, investors and shareholders. People want to get involved in what would not just be a football stadium.

The market HAS changed. If you don't understand that then you must have you head in the sands.

Interest rates are up, inflation is up, there is serious concern of a recession coming next year (source - Bank of England). All this suggests that people will be tightening our belts and therefore buying a season ticket will be low on peoples radar.

Filling in the corners won't be cheap or easy. Behind each screen, there are two massive lad bearing columns which support all three roofs.

You could be looking at a whole new roof just to fill the corners. Hardly cost effective.

However, there may be some way to replace those columns with massive cantilever supports, to allow thew corners to be filled.