The Pedro Mendes Thread

MrT

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

every time he gets the ball anywhere inside his half opposition half they scream SHOOOOOT! About fucking time we got somebody who can hit a fuckin free kick

Charlie Adam? :pipe:

He means hit it on target, not into the stand. :pipe:

Was Lovenkrands on that flight ? :sherlock:

He's still at Rosshall getting his knee checked. :pipe:

Last I heard they'd moved onto his hips. He's been there so long they're feart about his old age now.

Was Lovenkrands on that flight ? :sherlock:

He's still at Rosshall getting his knee checked. :pipe:

Last I heard they'd moved onto his hips. He's been there so long they're feart about his old age now.

LOL.

But honestly....My brothers, mates girlfriend who works in Greggs along the road from Rosshall was talking to a patient from there and assures me Lovenkrands is there as we speak! Watch this space......

:craphead:

Gers have just landed Barry Mk2

Exclusive by Matthew Lindsay

SCOTLAND legend Joe Jordan today told Rangers fans they have a direct replacement for crocked skipper Barry Ferguson in the shape of Pedro Mendes.

Portsmouth first-team coach Jordan was gutted when he discovered Mendes was today on his way north for signing talks after a £3million fee was agreed last night.

But he reckons Walter Smith has finally landed the man who can step into the boots of Ferguson as he recovers from an ankle operation that will sideline him until November.

Jordan revealed: "Pedro is the type of midfielder who controls a game. He never hides. He likes to get on the ball, he looks for possession and he never wastes it either. He has great awareness. He makes the team tick.

advertisement

"He isn't a prolific scorer, but he has got a great shot and when he scores it is usually from about 20 to 25 yards out. His goals are usually very important as well. He is a very much big game player.

"I have heard Rangers are looking for somebody to fill in for Barry Ferguson while he is out injured. Pedro will certainly be able to do that as long as his team- mates give him the ball.

"Pedro has been a success in Portugal and a success in England. Football is football, and I am sure he will do well up in Scotland.

"Sure, Rangers are a massive club, but he can handle the pressure of playing at a big club. He can handle big games, like the Old Firm match, as well."

Jordan added: "Pedro has won the Champions League with Porto. He won the FA Cup with us last season. He has been a very important player for us from the moment he arrived here from Spurs in 2006.

"His performances and crucial goals, at a time when we were really struggling to stay up, helped to keep us up in the English top division. He had an immediate impact with us and I'm sure he will do that with Rangers.

"I know for a fact that the manager (Pompey boss Harry Redknapp) didn't want to sell him. It is a bit of a blow that he has gone."

The expected capture of Mendes comes in a week when Rangers had to sell centre-half Carlos Cuellar to Aston Villa for £8 million.

They have also tabled a £4million offer for Australia midfielder Mark Bresciano, and were today awaiting a reply from his Italian club, Palermo.

Smith has also not ruled out a move for Steve Davis before the transfer window closes.

But Fulham boss Roy Hodgson has hit out at Gers for refusing to cough up the £4m the Craven Cottage club are looking for.

Hodgson stated: "They say Rangers have not had much money. But I find that hard to believe. They get 50,000 every other week."

Smith will also step up his bid to sign a centre- half after Celtic snapped up Glenn Loovens from Cardiff City for £2.5M.

Meanwhile, 19-year-old Spanish kid Aaron Niguez completed his move from Valencia last night. It emerged Smith will have to stump up £2.2m if he wants to sign him at the end of his two-year loan deal.