Do we actually need him?
  • Mendes
  • Thomson
  • Ferguson
  • Edu
  • Hemdani
  • Davis

No we have enough there now although Hemdani will leave

Yes, he can play on the right very well. These guys you listed are central midfielders

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It says he's jetting to Scotland today :huh:

If we sign him, Mendes, Davis and Edu within a few days of each other that would just be ridiculous! In a good way of course :bouncy:

Less chance of McCulloch getting anywhere near the team, I'm all for it.

Add Dailly and Adam to that.

With Davis and Edu signing and another centre-half on the way, I'd be astonished if we signed Bresciano now as well.

Even in the unlikely event we do, it would not be for anywhere near €10million anyway as the player is in the last year of his contract.

Which CH Frankie...I've been away for two weeks and trying to catch up :)

With Davis and Edu signing and another centre-half on the way, I'd be astonished if we signed Bresciano now as well.

Even in the unlikely event we do, it would not be for anywhere near €10million anyway as the player is in the last year of his contract.

Don't know yet mate - but I'd certainly expect one... :)

We tabled a bid a while ago, so after signing Davis, Mendes and Edu this meeting could be us telling them we dont actually want him anymore :harhar:

If we do however sign him, it would mean we would have serious depth in the squad, no Daily or McCulloch coming in for an injured player, it'd be Bresciano or Davis! (Not saying they're exactly for cover, but you get the point).

I doubt we'd pay £8mil for him though, £5mil tops, but even then thats alot.

Don't know yet mate - but I'd certainly expect one... :)

We need one, I think it would be the final piece of this little jigsaw that would bring us domestic success this year and a platform to build on for next.

Looks like the Kaunas thing has really kicked our arses if this is true. the best team we've had in years and there's not even any European competition.

Might be a blessing in disguise, no distractions in our quest to sweep the board domestically and in doing so have a settled, experienced side challenging for Europe next term.

We need one, I think it would be the final piece of this little jigsaw that would bring us domestic success this year and a platform to build on for next.

Agreed.

Weir played much better on Saturday and Broadfoot has done reasonably well there but another signing in the mould of CC for around £2-3million would be ideal.

Evening times:

Bresciano on Walt’s wish list

by Bert Mitchell

WALTER SMITH could still land Aussie midfielder Mark Bresciano despite splashing out £9million already on four midfielders.

Reports in Italy and Australia today claimed that Ibrox officials would meet with Palermo chiefs tomorrow to discuss a £4m transfer.

Having landed Pedro Mendes, Maurice Edu and Aaron, and with Steven Davis set to complete his move from Fulham today, it remains to be seen if an initial bid for the 28-year-old Bresciano will be followed up. Sources at Ibrox today would not rule the move out.

Smith would also like to bring in another central defender after his midfield rebuilding.

USA international Edu was added for £2.7m last night after he agreed a five-year contract, in a deal exclusively revealed in SportTimes on Friday.

Edu's work permit application will be submitted today. And Gers are confident that the former MLS Rookie of the Year will be granted.

Edu and DaMarcus Beasley have now joined up with the US squad for their World Cup qualifier in Guatemala on Wednesday, but the new signing from Toronto FC hopes to be cleared for Aberdeen on Saturday.

The signing of Davis is expected to be completed today after a £3m deal was struck with Fulham. He is expected to break away from the Northern Ireland camp at Stirling University to complete a four-year contract.

And now Smith will step up his bid to add another stopper to his squad before the signing deadline at the end of this month.

Scotland centre-back Andy Webster will be farmed out on loan until January after an injury- blighted spell at Ibrox.

Webster had been interesting Motherwell boss Mark McGhee, but was today heading south for talks with Bristol City.

That would leave Smith with Davie Weir, Madjid Bougherra, Kirk Broadfoot and Christian Dailly for the centre-back area - but he is looking at options in England and Europe.

Smith is also looking to cut numbers with the squad now too big for a domestic campaign. Rangers will look to offload Brahim Hemdani, Daniel Cousin and Alan Gow before the deadline.

Rangers showed an interest in taking Middlesbrough winger Adam Johnston on loan. But when that was blocked by Riverside gaffer Gareth Southgate, they turned their attentions to Aaron.

Publication date 18/08/08