Question To Non British Rangers Supporters

Bruce

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew the SFA would do this..the game was scheduled for a 3pm kickoff on the 3rd , which made going to NY possible , 12:30 kick off means silly o'clock here.

Thanks for putting me straight on that mate.

I'm sure every game is scheduled for 3pm on a Saturday when they are first released then Sky/ESPN choose the games they want to televise. The New York RSC opens around 7am for early kick offs I think ? You can get a pie at half time too.

Oh well then..if theres a pie on the go

lol actually itll be pretty cool , its about an hour or so on the train.Ill get a hotel the night before and see the toon , early rise for the game and off hame after lunch..burp.. no a bad day oot , thanks for the info

I was born in Dundee but I moved to Bristol when I was 2 and then Australia when I was 5. My dad had always been a Rangers supporter. When he grew up his neighbourhood was surrounded by Catholic ones and everybody in them supported Celtic so he began supporting Rangers.

I never became interested in football until I was about 8 as it wasn't very popular over here at the time. I started playing and my dad told me about Rangers and I got my first strip. They didn't have them on tv then so I remember my grandparents sent me tapes of big games. I remember watching them beat Leeds at Elland Road and the run in the inaugaral Champions League before being knocked out by Marseille, was devastated. When I first went back to Scotland to visit my dad took me to Ibrox to see Rangers play Motherwell. Was the greatest experience, the crowd were unbelievable despite the fact it was only Motherwell and getting to see the likes of Gascoigne, Laudrup, McCoist live was amazing. The single greatest sporting match I have attended. That's the only game I've seen of Rangers live as the last time I was back was a week after Helicopter Sunday.

I've kept in touch with what's going on with Rangers as best as I can over the years since. Mostly through live updates on BBC and this forum. Then last year Setanta did a deal with Foxtel and I could finally watch Rangers live on tv.

reading some of these has made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and nearly brought a tear to my eyes we are the people stick your bumblebee strip up your arse well done arsenal

Went to a friendly against spurs in the 80s,when i first came to England from Barbados.My kids are Rangers fans as well,

We are all St holders,my friends think were mad.

Barbados loyal

That was Paul Millers testimonial 2-2 and lots of Chelsea fans in Gers end causing havoc!!!!

Went to a friendly against spurs in the 80s,when i first came to England from Barbados.My kids are Rangers fans as well,

Barbados loyal

I remember that game, it got a bit crazy between the bears in the Park Lane end (?) and the yids Spurs fans on the terracing in front of the old 'Shelf'.

Barbados loyal

That was Paul Millers testimonial 2-2 and lots of Chelsea fans in Gers end causing havoc!!!!

Every time there's trouble at a Rangers game somebody blames Chelsea fans :rolleyes:

Get real.

Great to see how this thread has developed. Puts some of the fair weather fans in the shade, eh? Its amazing to read about guys who have nothing more to get them motivated about Rangers than just starting out seeing some games on the TV.

I raise a glass to all of you, not the expat guys like me but the true non-British fans who are devoted bears after just watching a few games. :beer1:

Thats something i wanted to ask , how many expats are on the board ?I used to blether with tons of them yonks ago on line when i was in Glasgow..noo im the bloody expat..sigh..

One here!

Good to know KK , Az eh ? Your time is even more wonky than here opposed to Glasgow.Beautiful out there though i bet ?

Yes, even although its 110 F !!!

Barbados loyal

Was it not a 1-1 draw that game when Fraser scored our goal.

When I lived in North Carolina we used to go to a pub called Woodys to watch the football on saturday morinings with some of the NCRSC there were a few american bears too who became fans just by seeing us lot in the pub every week.

A Bearette born in Largs into a Rangers daft family so I was chosen. My Dad got me into football at a very early age and my love of the game has been life long. At the age of 14 I insisted on having my bedroom decorated Red, White, and Blue. Was lucky to attend games where I got to stand and experience the atmosphere in undoubtedly the best way to watch a game. Also, met many Rangers players as they trained in Largs in those days at Inverclyde. Brought my love of the team to the States with me but was not always easy to follow at that time. Now, I have RM and get to watch the games along with the folks on here. :21:

I'm just interested to know when, how and why you chose to support the Gers.

:rangers:

my father was playing for the OSIJEK in the late 70s and in the early 80s, and one day his "agent" said to him that the glasgow rangers were looking for the midfielder and that they want him to sign ... he never did sign because rangers quit their interest in him when they found out that he doesn't speak english ...

in that time (former yugoslavia) you could learn only russian or german language in school next to you mother language.

... when I was about 10 years old, father said that to me, and I support Rangers ever since. He also never did stop loving rangers ...

you may and you may not believe in that but I just honestly answered your question.