Charlie Adam?

blueballss

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't think he had that good a game tbh.

A few good passes and runs but found himself out of position, put the team under pressure, wasted set pieces, held onto the ball for too long and didn't make the right options.

whats everyones thoughts?

personally thought he done ok! probs done his job what wattie asked, but again choice of pass let him done a bit!! :unionflag:

ok,that was it..he tried,but he is in the shop window.

his free kicks were poor,and he even stopped taking them.

but the effort was there,but others were better.

BUT YOU WIN AND LOSE AS A TEAM,AND WE WON

rangers wont make it hard for a buyer for him though

I will lay my cards on the table.I do not rate Charlie very highly and have been very critical of him in the past. Today it was obvious that Walter had given him a specific job and he stuck to it very well, a good performance. I was disappointed that he ran out of steam early and feel that he should have "more in the locker". Overall he had a good game

Good few passes. Still needs to learn when to release the ball.

Solid game.

Spot on, a solid game is what he had.

When it came to zonal defensive play he was excellent. There was a reason his shirt was absolutely drenched in sweat.

Delighted as I am at the result I can't help think that Wattie got lucky. Case in point winning 4-2 whilst bringing in Adams from nowhere. The comments above make reference to what Adam must do this better, needs to learn this and that. That would have weight if we are talking about a player say like young Fleck or Furman ( never to be seen again.) Instead this is a now a full time pro past his development stage who's flaws are those of the last three seasons, over hit passes, shanks corners, falls down a lot, and has no pace. The thing about this is that we have no say whatsoever, no hand at all for winning 4-2 with Adam ( and we will win with McCulloch in the team too later this season) only convinces Wattie more and more that he is right about Adam ( and McCulloch.) As I say Wattie is one lucky guy; long may it continue.

Not too bad in first half from Adam, but as usual he was exhausted by 60 mins which I find unacceptable for a professional. Still shouldn't be in the first team IMO.

...and he probably won't be once McCulloch is fit again, which is also rather depressing

Not too bad in first half from Adam, but as usual he was exhausted by 60 mins which I find unacceptable for a professional. Still shouldn't be in the first team IMO.

...and he probably won't be once McCulloch is fit again, which is also rather depressing

shop window,and walter got away with it

walter read it right,got a performance from him,

not great,but loads of guts

but very unfit,and i dont get that

I admit, he played better than I thought he would when I saw his name in the line up. He still needs to work on his free kicks etc and when to pass the ball. It was frustrating to see him making a good run, and then losing the ball because he just didn't pass it. He tried to take too many people on when he had options all around him.

But yeah, nowhere near as bad as I thought he would be.

There was a reason his shirt was absolutely drenched in sweat.

There was. He's over-weight!

Seriously though, he done okay. Made a few Albertz-like runs getting by players using just power and strength.

But still his decision making lets him down enormously at times. When he should shoot, he'll pass and vice-versa. He's also very, very clumsy.

A very frustrating player to watch.

He did well enough. But with better quality midfielders in there like mendes and davis, he does look a weak link.

He did manage to stumble past a couple of celtic players 2 times, then must have thought, i'm brilliant me, i'll go all the way. Then he runs straight into an opponent. doh

was good in spells but awful in others. He has potential to be a better player but he needs to learn when to pass the ball instead of thinking hes ronaldo and can go past everyone. Still takes his eye off the ball and loses it cheaply too often for my liking. At least he does run with the ball though which is more then mcculloch offers us on the left hand side.

Was shocked when Charlie was in the starting eleven this morning and i've been very critical of him, but he did well the day his attitude and tracking back was all spot on. Had a solid game.