DUNDEE UNITED -v- AIRDRIE UNITED

PARTICK THISTLE -v- RANGERS

MOTHERWELL -v- HAMILTON ACADEMICAL

MORTON -v- INVERNESS CAL THISTLE

FALKIRK -v- QUEEN OF THE SOUTH

KILMARNOCK -v- ABERDEEN

CELTIC -v- LIVINGSTON

DUNFERMLINE ATHLETIC -v- ST. MIRREN

Not a good draw, Thistle have been doing well and playing good football recently.

Local tie though.

How is it not a good draw?

We avoid all the premiership teams and draw a team we beat last season with a weaker team.

Lets remember we are top of the SPL and they are 1st divison alsorans

More info:

Dates for ties.

Third Round:- Tuesday 23rd or Wednesday 24th September, 2008

Fourth Round:- Tuesday 28th or Wednesday 29th October, 2008

Semi-Finals:- Tuesday 27th or Wednesday 28th January, 2009

Final :- Sunday 15th March, 2009

In the event of a draw after normal time, extra time of 30 minutes (i.e. 15 minutes each way) will take place and thereafter, if necessary, Kicks from the Penalty Mark will be taken in accordance with the Rules laid down by the International Football Association Board.

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/news...amp;newsid=2463

Not a good draw, Thistle have been doing well and playing good football recently.

Local tie though.

We avoid all the premiership teams and draw a team we beat last season with a weaker team.

After a replay?

Gers To Meet Jags

By Andrew Dickson

RANGERS will start their defence of the co-operative insurance cup against Glasgow neighbours Partick Thistle at Firhill later this month.

The teams were paired in this afternoon's third round draw at Hampden Park and will meet on September 23 or 24.

Of course, Walter Smith took his men to Maryhill just last season for a Scottish Cup replay after the sides drew 1-1 in their initial quarter-final tie at Ibrox.

Goals from Nacho Novo and Chris Burke killed off the Jags before half-time and Gers went on to win the competition against Queen of the South.

Rangers have a good recent record against Partick and are unbeaten in their last 21 meetings with the First Division outfit.

Indeed, before their March clash ended in stalemate, they had won 11 consecutive games against Thistle and conceded just three goals in that sequence.

The last time Partick beat the Light Blues was at the tail end of the 1992/93 season in a match after Smith had won the club's fourth title in a row when they won 3-0.

But the manager will be wary of a side which appears poised to challenge for promotion to the SPL in the months ahead.

With Gers reserve striker Steven Lennon in their team on loan, Ian McCall's men started the season with five wins in a row.

Although they have since slipped up to Queen of the South and Ross County, they are just three points behind league leaders Livingston at present.

The date, kick-off time and ticket details for the match will be announced as soon as they are determined.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1381645,00.html

will the guy they took on loan from us be able to play in this?

Probably not though I'd let him.

Yeah good idea and then he sticks the winning goal past us and knocks us out the competition

Good idea :rolleyes:

I hate Thistle as much as i hate Celtc and Aberdeen there fans think they are a bigger club that what they actually are and always will be... a 1st Division team

Young Stevie Lennon, depends on the details of the loan, normally it isn't allowed if they're on loan, as our players might not want to challenge him too much in case they injure a player who is still on our books.

Also as he's a striker he might find it difficult to score against us!

Probably not though I'd let him.

Yeah good idea and then he sticks the winning goal past us and knocks us out the competition

Good idea :rolleyes:

I hate Thistle as much as i hate Celtc and Aberdeen there fans think they are a bigger club that what they actually are and always will be... a 1st Division team

Personally, I prefer the Italian way where a player can play against anybody.

The draw is seeded mate, we could never have drawn any of the top sides. Seedings are based on last seasons final league positions. 4 seeds play at home and 4 seeds play away. No surprise that yet again we are away and the scum are at home.

On a lighter note, can you imagine how low their crowd is going to be? I will go for 18,000 in the ground but an official crowd of 33,000.

The draw is seeded mate, we could never have drawn any of the top sides. Seedings are based on last seasons final league positions. 4 seeds play at home and 4 seeds play away. No surprise that yet again we are away and the scum are at home.

On a lighter note, can you imagine how low their crowd is going to be? I will go for 18,000 in the ground but an official crowd of 33,000.

We could have got Kilmarnock or Accies