Can't believe it, Cousin gone and Boyd still here.

polar bear

boyd has scored a double at easter road and a hat trick at tannadice, how is he then incapable of doing so? when clearly he has doh

So!Miller scored two at the Tattydome on Sunday,and we're still waiting to hear the accolades from people like yourself. :unsure:

like what, what have I ever said about miller?

i had him in my team to start

and the point i was making was RFC no1fan said boyd is incapble of doing that, when clearly he has doh

READ it and get the facts straight before jumping to any stupid assumption to slate a player

Ive never said boyd is a world beater but he doesnt get the credit he deserves half the time

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Boyd started the first 3 games but he should start the next few. Kilmarnock at Ibrox should be an easy one for him in which to get a couple of goals and if Beasley, Aaron, Mendes etc.. all play then he will score even more goals during the season. He scored 25 goals last year with practically no midfield behind him. We might not even be discussing this had he scored that shot on the turn against Aberdeen last week.

guys sorry to but in here, but i dont no if anyone heard chic young on the radio tonight. But he said that when rangers played aberdeen in january last year and cousin was particularly mince, Ally McCoist was heard saying to cousin to pack his bags and go home. He also said that boyd didnt take being dropped yesterday too well.

Cousin played on sunday because wattie had some motivation for him- something that guy is lacking. He was told that if he didnt go out and bust his gut against Celtic that he would be stuck at rangers and he wouldnt get his move to the premiership. As far as im aware, and i know a bit more than most, cousin is very much on a low basic, with a high bonus for playing and scoring.

Cousin is off because Wattie cant stand players who dont play for the badge, the problem with boyd is he tells everyone he wants to play for the badge, but doesnt really show it on the field. Bit of a quandry - but i think the out come will be this: Boyd has till January to prove he can cut it other wise he'll will be ofski and both parties will be happy with that move.

I think we would all be happy to get a deserved fee of £3-£4M for boyd

Funny how most people think that Cousin is a better all round striker than Boyd but you believe he is worth 3-4 million. We will be very lucky to get 2 million.

I think we would all be happy to get a deserved fee of £3-£4M for boyd

Funny how most people think that Cousin is a better all round striker than Boyd but you believe he is worth 3-4 million. We will be very lucky to get 2 million.

how much did we knock back from cardiff? £2.5M? That would lead me to believe a couple of things

1- Boyd didnt want to go so we rejected it to save hassle

2- His value is higher

?

Sorry, but this season we're chasing trophies on the domestic front. Boyd has proven that he's very, very capable of getting us a boatload of goals at this level - whether he's any use in Europe is for another day. Cousin has talent no doubt but he only chooses to use it now and then when the cameras and scouts are out and about and we can't have that kind of attitude when the chips are down in a shitty day at Motherwell or wherever and we need to dig a result out.

100% with you there mate. I find it completely bizarre that so many people want a striker that scores bucketloads of goals domestically to leave in arguably our most important season domestically in years. Cousin was a mercenary, nothing more.

Boyd is shit and Cousin has gone. Personally I'd of sold both.

Hopefully Boyd will go in January. He doesn't get the big games(for Rangers or Scotland) and he has been off-form. We play better without him.

Cousin is 6 years older than Boyd and has played a lot more games than him, yet Boyd has scored more goals?!

Boyd has played 220 odd games and scored 120odd goals...

That is far from shit in anyones book!

Aye but you have to discount goals from free kicks, penalties and v diddy teams which leaves him with 4.

Wghat diddy teams mate?

The same ones our rivals have to play every week?!

I was being sarcastic, this is the anti-boyd argument mate, if you read my other posts I am very much pro-Boyd

Polar Bear i know you hate Boyd but use some common sense, Cousin has wanted to go the premiership since he came here ffs. <cr> Was hardly likely not to happen if someone actually wanted him again.

I think Boyd pumped his bird! Only rational explanation for the hatred :craphead:

Boyd has scored goals against all the smaller teams in the SPL. Has he played well against them? No, 90% of his goals are handed to him by good work from others.

Boyd does have a good goalscoring record, scoring the 3rd or 4th goal against Falkirk at home does not win the League. Scoring goals away to Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs and Celtic do. He is incapable of doing this.

When Boyd doesnt score, he offers absolutely nothing else to the team. Its like playing with a man down.

Boyd cant pass, cross, run, hold up play, header or bring others into the game. If he had 1-2 faults, you could accept that, but having more than 5 flaws in your game which are needed is not acceptable.

His game has not improved since he made a break through at Kilmarnock. Each year he gets slower, lazier and fatter.

Boyd and McCoist should even be mentioned in the same sentence.

Again, he never plays these games to get the chance to score!

And don't take some sort of a big morale stand over comparing him to McCoist, i'm a Rangers fan as well and i remember all he did was score, its a perfectly reasonable comparison. Only difference is McCoist played so much more.

Actually, if you take goals, then, so far in his first 3 seasons (or so) Boyd has scored more tham Coisty did at this stage in his Ibrox career

1983-84 - 9 goals - winners Aberdeen, Rangers 4th

1984-85 - 12 goals - winners Aberdeen, Rangers 4th

1985-86 - 24 goals - winners Celtic, Rangers 5th

1986-87 - 34 goals - Winners Rangers

Plus, we can pull this line from the official site

"Rangers tried three times before they finally captured McCoist, who had started his career at St Johnstone and then moved to Sunderland, but initially there were some dissenters.

Ally's early misses were indicative of the poor Rangers team he was playing in"

So, signed from a lower team, fans not convinved at all by him? Rangers NOT winning the league, Sounds very much like Boyd and McCoist is an ideal comparison. Up until this season, we HAVE been a very poor team for a while. It is conjecture, but, if history repeats itself, then think about what happened after the 86/87 season, something McCoist was a big part of.

Why is everyone pissed about him leaving ?

Last season everybody hated him because he wanted out, now he scores one cracking goal against the scum and he's a great player ?

Exactly what i said mate but rather than be happy that the cunt is gone it has turned into the weekly Anti-Boyd meeting!

with the usual suspects slaughtering him

thankfully some of us ignore their anti boyd campaign and get on with supporting the team

Why is everyone pissed about him leaving ?

Last season everybody hated him because he wanted out, now he scores one cracking goal against the scum and he's a great player ?

(tu) Exactly, thanks for the goal, but :bye:

aye, he has to kick on now. He'll get the change at Ibrox in the next OF game, presumably.

And heres to hoping he'll give it his all to win the fans who dont like him over.

I think he has what it takes to become a great here..he just needs the kick start.

boyd will be off in january, because if he doesnt up his workrate and get fit for once then it wont matter, he wont get a sniff!!!!

good riddence!!!!!!! lazy f**ker!!!!!! no point in being best finisher at club if ur not fit enough to run into those positions!!!!!!

Guest therabbitt

I for one like Boyd and can see an improvement in his game in recent times. I just always think back to pre-Boyd times when all we could talk about was how much we'd all love a goal-machine, someone to not do anything pretty and just bang the goals in. He does need to improve if he is ever to be considered an automatic starter for Rangers though. If Smith is going to persist with two strikers this season then I really think Boyd and Miller should be the avenue which we take.

In so far as Cousin leaving, I don't see how there is much debate. The guy didn't produce the goods on a regular enough occasion last season. He fleeted in and out of the side, sometimes looking like he could be bothered to play and other times like his mind was elsewhere. He is a good big player in his day, but in my opinion you cant have players that you dont know what to expect week in week out. Consistency is vital at a club like Rangers. I will never forgive him fully for his foolish semi-final red card last season, but the goal at the weekend has lightened everyone's view of him.

In my opinion, Cousin had no future here, he wanted EPL money and the glamour of that league, Boyd however still has a lot to give to this team and this club.