Aaron Niguez

scott316

anyone else think his signing was a bit of a con ???

i mean, at the time there was a lot of heat towards management about lack of signings. i think it was to generate hype and get the fans off the back a bit, a Valencia player (so he must be good ! and his under 20's international pedigree)

BUT, he hasn't been played, hasnt been brought on as a sub (in a team crying out for natural width and pace) so what was the point ??? Anyone else agree ?

it's like "he's a good player for his age, will be useful for the under-21's squad rule cause he's better than what we have, we'll create a bit of buzz in the media too, get the fans off the back a little".

i dont doubt he's talented, but a 2 year loan is useless for development cause he'll be back at Valencia if he's any good.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

some interesting points there, he was on the bench today, was he the taller lad or the smaller one, him and jordan mcmillan look alike :unsure:

I would probably rather have seen him instead of darcheville or the last 5 minutes or so

He's a young lad that needs a fairly easy game to ease into the Scottish game. Edu got a start, but he is a big, tough tackling player, where as Aaron is wee, fast and tricky. He cant be brought on in a game where we're only a goal up with the opposition really fighting.

I thought he'd get a run out today, but we didnt dominate in the way i thought we would.

A bit like Fleck, I expect to see him in games which are well won, and Cup games.

He is still young and has a two year loan, maybe we're just giving him time to settle down and adapt to Scottish life and football.

see, i think that is another commen misconception of our game, if they are good enough, it doesnt matter if you are 16 or 36. the lad is 19, if you aint playing regular football at that age its about high time you find a club where you will, cause you wont develop your game unless you're playing.

guys are winning World Cups and Euro Championships at that age. the divide of a border and any player who shows promise is blooded into the team straight away and started if they show promise. beckham, rooney, gerrard, owen, fabregas, ronaldo (both), robinho, kaka, messi etc. no one ever said they were too young.

the lad played for Xerez and made 8 starts then for a top flight Greek team started 12 times, so to say he aint ready to start at his age I can't agree with.

if he's good enough there is no risk at 19 years old, and its yet to be seen whether management has any faith in his abilities. Fleck should be playing more often and if he's being discriminated because of his age i think its well pathetic.

He's a young lad that needs a fairly easy game to ease into the Scottish game. Edu got a start, but he is a big, tough tackling player, where as Aaron is wee, fast and tricky. He cant be brought on in a game where we're only a goal up with the opposition really fighting.

I thought he'd get a run out today, but we didnt dominate in the way i thought we would.

if he can play against killi he is pish

What a ridiculous thing to say :rolleyes:

Some people expect the kids to be thrown into the mix straight away and its never going to happen, he needs time first of all to settle into the club and Scotland and watching from the bench he is only going to learn like Fleck etc when they are all on the bench. He was never going to come on yesterday as the game was tight and if he makes a mistake every1 would jump on his back and saying he shouldnt be playing etc

lets be fair, the guys young and has just moved to a foreign country with a different climate and language. he's goiing to take a while to settle in, it must be daunting for a guy of his age to move abroad for such a long time. I think we'll see him in action within the next 3 games

The age excuse doesn't wash with me - if you're good enough you're old enough.

Look at Rooney and Owen - they were thrown in at the deep ends before either was 18.

Aaron's continued absence from match time is getting old already.

lets be fair, the guys young and has just moved to a foreign country with a different climate and language. he's goiing to take a while to settle in, it must be daunting for a guy of his age to move abroad for such a long time.

Dude, he's spent around 2 years abroad already - before he joined us he was an almost permanent loanee out in the Greek leagues.

He's not come here straight from Spain.

Smith came out and said whenever he was signed that he felt he wasn't fit. Perhaps he is still trying to find form and fitness.

Well then there's something wrong here, because a 19 year old who seems to be needing forever to be 'fit' seems a very odd thing indeed.

Dude, he's spent around 2 years abroad already - before he joined us he was an almost permanent loanee out in the Greek leagues.

He's not come here straight from Spain.

yes but im sure he only played like 15 matches or something. apart from anything else id be apprehensive going anywhere after going to greece :lol: some of their football supporters and teams are like animals!

What a ridiculous thing to say :rolleyes:

Some people expect the kids to be thrown into the mix straight away and its never going to happen, he needs time first of all to settle into the club and Scotland and watching from the bench he is only going to learn like Fleck etc when they are all on the bench. He was never going to come on yesterday as the game was tight and if he makes a mistake every1 would jump on his back and saying he shouldnt be playing etc

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=75552

Somehow the excitement from that thread seems a little premature now.