Why dont you go home ?

Gazzas_Flute

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I and a few others said in previous discussions, this was always a song that was liable to come back and bite us on the backside. Sadly it looks to have done so. :(

If Rangers grew a pair of fucking balls and told these fuckwits on Celtic websites where to go (np pun intended) , we wouldnt be in this mess

Sorry but you can't tell the law to GTF.

I too thought we'd shot ourselves in the foot with this as it can easily be construed as racist and knew celtc fans would say it was in any complaints they made. British law then states it must be treated as racist if people believe it is racist.

Murray will absolutely not defend this and no one else in any kind of position of any credibility will either.

Like it or lump it this is part of the relentless march against racism and this song would have been fine in the 70's and 80's but not now.

In what way is it racist?

Because a couple of MOPEs say so?

Dont be so stupid

If someone feels this song is racist then it must be treated as such under British law. It basically calls all Irish decendents kiddie fiddlers and asks then to go home, it's obvious that's going to be perceived as racist.

I knew the first time I heard it it could easily be construed that way in this day and age.

As I and a few others said in previous discussions, this was always a song that was liable to come back and bite us on the backside. Sadly it looks to have done so. :(

If Rangers grew a pair of fucking balls and told these fuckwits on Celtic websites where to go (np pun intended) , we wouldnt be in this mess

I too thought we'd shot ourselves in the foot with this as it can easily be construed as racist and knew celtc fans would say it was in any complaints they made. British law then states it must be treated as racist if people believe it is racist.

Murray will absolutely not defend this and no one else in any kind of position of any credibility will either.

Like it or lump it this is part of the relentless march against racism and this song would have been fine in the 70's and 80's but not now.

Dont be so stupid

If someone feels this song is racist then it must be treated as such under British law. It basically calls all Irish decendents kiddie fiddlers and asks then to go home, it's obvious that's going to be perceived as racist.

I knew the first time I heard it it could easily be construed that way in this day and age.

So we should just lie down and accept its "racist" then?

Dont be so stupid

"the famine is over, why dont you go home"

Could you please show me where is the part in bold mentioned in the above song ?

So let me get this right in my head A(1) Celtic fan complained to the Irish Consul in London with concerns about this. Now this has been raised and passed to Rangers Football Club as a matter of "bigotry and descrimitve behavior against both the Irish and Celtic fans. So by flipping the coin and we Rangers fans writing to both the Scottish Executive and English Parliaments (The parliament being the highest level of authority within the United Kingdom of Great Britain) about the glorifying of the IRA Terrorist groups (Terrorist= Al-Queda etc) thus should result instantly in them being investigated, their Irish songs stop being played at Porkhead and notifing them that yes actually the famine is done ye's can go home!

(tu) :angry2:

So let me get this straight,

Plastic paddies - okay to sing about the famine

Rangers Fans - Not okay to sing about the famine

GO FUCKING FIGURE

This country needsa fucking reality check before we end up giving in to ALL MOPES, tims, extreme islamist fundalmentalists, fuck me for the first time in my life i can honestly say I hate living in Scotland / Britain / This nanny fucking state.

Dont be so stupid

What the fuck ?????

It's not clear it's referring to 'plastic paddies' or Celtic supporters. It's a song which has the lyrics 'the famine is over, why don't you go home?' Do you honestly think all Irish immigrants should 'go home'? Because that's what it sounds like.

I completely agree with the poster above who said it's not boxing clever. This was ALWAYS going to happen.

Telling any group of immigrants to 'go home', with that choice of words, is inflammatory and basically fucking stupid. Am I the only person who's not at all surprised by this?

It's not clear it's referring to 'plastic paddies' or Celtic supporters. It's a song which has the lyrics 'the famine is over, why don't you go home?' Do you honestly think all Irish immigrants should 'go home'? Because that's what it sounds like.

I completely agree with the poster above who said it's not boxing clever. This was ALWAYS going to happen.

Telling any group of immigrants to 'go home', with that choice of words, is inflammatory and basically fucking stupid. Am I the only person who's not at all surprised by this?

if someone pushed you would you push back?

GO FUCKING FIGURE

This country needsa fucking reality check before we end up giving in to ALL MOPES, tims, extreme islamist fundalmentalists, fuck me for the first time in my life i can honestly say I hate living in Scotland / Britain / This nanny fucking state.

Spot on DO. If only Donald Findlay was still at the Club eh?

GO FUCKING FIGURE

This country needsa fucking reality check before we end up giving in to ALL MOPES, tims, extreme Islamic fundamentalists, fuck me for the first time in my life i can honestly say I hate living in Scotland / Britain / This nanny fucking state.

yeah, the Daily Mail is great isn't it?

There's singing about the famine, and there's chanting 'the famine is over, why don't you go home?' Couldn't really be much more different.

GO FUCKING FIGURE

This country needsa fucking reality check before we end up giving in to ALL MOPES, tims, extreme Islamic fundamentalists, fuck me for the first time in my life i can honestly say I hate living in Scotland / Britain / This nanny fucking state.

There's singing about the famine, and there's chanting 'the famine is over, why don't you go home?' Couldn't really be much more different.

doh

With this particular song, this was always going to happen. We know how sensitive the Celtic fans have been particularly in recent years and that they will lodge complains left, right and center should we give them the chance. It seems that if we were to complain back about any of their songs it will be swept under the carpet. That said, we are a club of greater class than to start going down the route of "yeah but they sing this...". However, its hard to see that if we didn't express our own concerns then it becomes all one sided.

GO FUCKING FIGURE

doh

What the fuck happened to banter at the footy? For generations, grown men would go to a game, shout and bawl and let off steam. You dished it out and you took it back. No fuckin problem whatsoever. Then all the fuckin softies and PC types came along.............

GO FUCKING FIGURE

doh

What the fuck happened to banter at the footy? For generations, grown men would go to a game, shout and bawl and let off steam. You dished it out and you took it back. No fuckin problem whatsoever. Then all the fuckin softies and PC types came along.............

because we have a owner who does not give a fuck about our support and money is his god, the quicker he fucks off and real rangers men buy the club the better.

What the fuck have the O Irish goverment got to do with a Scottish football chant ?

If Racism was the case then why have Westminster no contacted Wee Alex Salmon about racist songs from Scotland fans ?

Those cunts in the emerald isle should stick tae wit they dae best, helping the enemys of Britain in one way or another. :angry2: