Could we start a Rangers team in England?

In the same way Wimbledon and Man Utd fans have done. With our support, we could get decent crowds at each game and we would be sure to attract the best players at the lower levels with our name. AFC Wimbledon are now only 2 divisions away from league football again and that has only taken them about 7 years. This would be the best way to get in to English football and it would allow the fans to run the club. It might be a pipe dream, but it is a possibility.

The obvious place to start is Corby. The second largest RSC being there and all.

But they have Corby town fc. :harhar:

Well you'll be hard pushed to find a town without a football team. Redruth in Cornwall is one. :)

Lets get it started

We need to decide on a location. I cant remember the statistic on the Biggest town in England that does not have a League football team, but I say either they're or at Gretna.

should get at least 127 average attendance.

Lets get it started

We need to decide on a location. I cant remember the statistic on the Biggest town in England that does not have a League football team, but I say either they're or at Gretna.

Exactly. It needs to be in a location where there is a decent fan base. I know there would be a lot of travelling support but there needs to be some local support too.

Lets get it started

Exactly. It needs to be in a location where there is a decent fan base. I know there would be a lot of travelling support but there needs to be some local support too.

West Cumbria desperately needs a team. The only one they have is Cleator Moor Celtic! :angry2:

Set it up in Blyth, Northumberland, they currently have the Spartans who play in Green and White so a rivalry straight away, that and its where I live ha ha!

Ahhhh Blyth Spartans.

They play in Droylsden's League :)

Do you ever go a post without mentioning Droylsden's or your girlfriend :pipe:

Lets get it started

I Googled that and apparently the biggest town in England without a league side is disputed. Croydon is the biggest, if you don't count Crystal Palace. Their ground is in the borough , but not the city. The next is Dudley. A population over 300,000 but the language barrier could be a big problem if we played there. ;)