Jeremy Clement

Tommy WATP

I liked Clement

Good passer of the ball, two-footed and good at defending as well as attacking

I would like to see another player like him come to Rangers

Very average player. Totally one footed.

A poor man's Kevin Thomson!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is this abuse regarding Clement's tackling ability stemming from? Clement was a solid wee fecker!

His tackling was pivotal in the 1-1 December 2006 game against that mob. I remember he literally bullied Gravesen and Lennon for 90 minutes.

How we didn't beat them by 4 or 5 goals that day is still a mystery to me. We absolutely battered them.

Where is this abuse regarding Clement's tackling ability stemming from? Clement was a solid wee fecker!

His tackling was pivotal in the 1-1 December 2006 game against that mob. I remember he literally bullied Gravesen and Lennon for 90 minutes.

How we didn't beat them by 4 or 5 goals that day is still a mystery to me. We absolutely battered them.

Every time I see that sebo chance in the last few minutes of that game, Im sure he's gonna score it, but Boruc saves it every time. :( Was really gutted we didnt win because that game was on my birthday.

As for clement, well I thought he was a decent, tidy player. He did have a good game that day, but wouldn't get into our side now imo. Mendes and Davis are far better, and its worth noting that Kevin Thomson has played in 5 old firm games - 5 wins. :pipe:

A few things from reading this thread.

1 - Clement was a cracking wee player with some brilliant potential IMO. I was gutted when he left, although it was apparent he was only here because of PLG. Nonetheless, we lost a great midfielder. I'd love to see a Mendes/Clement partnership just now.

2 - Stephane Mbia. We can but dream :(

3 - I agree with TMWWBK on the game where we drew with the scum 1-1. I was reading through that match thread yesterday and I lavished praise on Clement's performance during that. He dominated that day. How we didn't win by 3 or 4 goals I'll never know.

Clement blew hot and cold and is certainly not any better than what we have just now. 2BH I was annoyed to an extent when he left but we got a decent enough fee back for him and his heart wasnt in it so good riddance!!!

Maybe Adam and Boyd picked on him for having a proper, healthy Mediterranean-inspired diet.

No currys or Monster Munch.

You can have healthy curries. It's a matter of ingredients. Chicken, fish, prawns, vegetables, olive oil, spices and even rice are not unhealthy. Restaurant and take-away curries will have more oil, cream and perhaps red meat and even sugar.

Monster Munch are just bad.

Maybe Adam and Boyd picked on him for having a proper, healthy Mediterranean-inspired diet.

No currys or Monster Munch.

You can have healthy curries. It's a matter of ingredients. Chicken, fish, prawns, vegetables, olive oil, spices and even rice are not unhealthy. Restaurant and take-away curries will have more oil, cream and perhaps red meat and even sugar.

Monster Munch are just bad.

Thai curry :drool:

Can count the calories on one set of hands! :D

Kevin Thomson is 10x the player of Clement imo.

<cr>

IMO Thomson is the most over-rated player we've had at Rangers for years. If Thomson could pass the ball to his own player even half the time he might be considered to be 1/10th the player Clement was. But of course Clement is French and couldn't quite execute the two-footed lunge like Thomson can, so he must have been pish! :rolleyes:

Kevin Thomson is 10x the player of Clement imo.

<cr>

IMO Thomson is the most over-rated player we've had at Rangers for years. If Thomson could pass the ball to his own player even half the time he might be considered to be 1/10th the player Clement was. But of course Clement is French and couldn't quite execute the two-footed lunge like Thomson can, so he must have been pish! :rolleyes:

(tu)

Completely agree; Clement has the movement, vision,awareness and distribution which Thomson will never achieve.

Stephane Mbia

Now there is a player I'd love to have in the Rangers midfield!

He is one of the most versatile players in the game. Mainly a defensive midfielder but he can also play RB, CB, AM and either on the left or right of midfield.

His passing is up there with the best, strong, solid in the tackle and has some ping on him.

He's a cracking talent, mate. Wenger is apparently very interested in him.

So we've went from flash harry being very interested in Jeremy Cement to Arsene Wenger being very very interested in Mbia ayes or Mbia naws ? Whoever the fcuk he is ? Where you gettin awe this exclusive info ? It's brilliant by the way ! :sherlock:

Haha, just rumours, mate.

He'd be perfect for us. We could team up Mbia with M'baw. ;)

Ah mbawsa ! great player him ! :sherlock:

Aye Mbawsa Aitken, what happened to him?

I await Danny's reaction to this thread :D

:pipe:

All I can do is say thank fuck he hated Rangers as much as I hate him.

He was a wee prick - average player, hilariously overated by our fans who were looking for SOMETHING positive to take from the PLG era, and once PLG was gone his public desire to get out of this club was a disgrace.

How anyone can say a single positive thing about a player who once said:

"I came to Rangers because I wanted to work with Paul and believed he could achieve things at Rangers.

"But, with him gone, it's back to the situation beforehand where the SPL just isn't rated in France.

"I obviously have ambitions to play for my country, but I wouldn't achieve them by staying on in Scotland.

"That's why I asked the club's management to let me go. They agreed it was probably best for all concerned.

I prefer to go and play at Paris, but Lyon remains a top club. Now it is not that easy for me at Rangers."

He played for PLG, not the club.

I've never seen a player who so publicly wanted away from our club as much as Clement.

And it wasn't like he had the ability to make us miss him. Yeah, he's sure getting caps for France now he's playing in France...

Stephane Mbia

Now there is a player I'd love to have in the Rangers midfield!

He is one of the most versatile players in the game. Mainly a defensive midfielder but he can also play RB, CB, AM and either on the left or right of midfield.

His passing is up there with the best, strong, solid in the tackle and has some ping on him.

He's a cracking talent, mate. Wenger is apparently very interested in him.

So we've went from flash harry being very interested in Jeremy Cement to Arsene Wenger being very very interested in Mbia ayes or Mbia naws ? Whoever the fcuk he is ? Where you gettin awe this exclusive info ? It's brilliant by the way ! :sherlock:

Haha, just rumours, mate.

He'd be perfect for us. We could team up Mbia with M'baw. ;)

Ah mbawsa ! great player him ! :sherlock:

Aye Mbawsa Aitken, what happened to him?

Went the same way as Mbawsa Ritchie ! :sherlock: