Well done murray mints

minstral

I read RangersMedia most days, and I enjoy reading the views of other fans, but I also post very infrequently, as I am sad to say that a lot of people are quick to make remarks on-line that they wouldnt dare to voice in public

The way that new posters are quick to be called Tims, or given a foul-mouthed tirade because they dare to voice an opinion that isnt the status quo

I can understand what Murray means by some of his criticism of the internet etc, there is a lot of truth in what he has said

Thats not to say that I agree with everything he has done over the years, but he doesnt deserve half of the criticism he receives in my humble opinion

I will never forget the money that Murray has put into our club, and I will always listen to his point of view, he has earned it through his actions

I dont like the way the club has gone about its business recently, but I wont write the man off and disregard his love for the club

Just my personal opinion

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SDM said what he had to say and he was right. There are a small minority that go around causing fights and inciting violence etc. and those are the arseholes that he talks of. Then there are the vast majority of people that enjoy a little banter and for 90mins they sing songs and have a rivalry that makes this sport so great and enjoyable to be a part of.

Both Rangers and Celtic have an element of idiots within their support and condemning them is not a bad thing. For all those that post on here i'm sure you have some friends and family that are catholic and/or Celtic fans and are thoroughly decent people! But I'm sure you some acquaintances, both Rangers and Celtic fans that you wouldn't be seen dead with and those are the people being targeted

I for one would rather have a pint with a DECENT Celtic fan than some arsehole so-called Rangers fan that was behave in such a way that it is a complete embarrassment. (some may disagree)

There are some angry people here that believe Murray is bad and Bain is bad and everything they do is wrong, and that is fine as everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but in this case Maybe if you take a step back and read his statement for what it is, you may even change your opinion.

Just a thought.

So were you at the AGM?

Did you hear what he said?

Did you hear what questions he was answering when he said it?

Or is your whole post based how the media reported the AGM?

Yeah, I was there with my father.

He was not targeting the fans that went to the AGM, nor the decent fans that support their club through thick and thin, just the the idiots that bring out great club's name down and try and drag it through the mud.

Did you go to the AGM, did you not get that impression as well? Or is just me?

He was not targeting the fans that went to the AGM, nor the decent fans that support their club through thick and thin, just the the idiots that bring out great club's name down and try and drag it through the mud.

Yes I went to the AGM.

No I did not get the same impression as you.

He was deflecting valid criticism of his failure to defend the fans by a spurious comment about websites.

That comment was not only food and drink to our enemies in the mhedia, but a complete refusal to address the question.

He is beneath contempt.

Yes I went to the AGM.

He was deflecting valid criticism of his failure to defend the fans by a spurious comment about websites.

That comment was not only food and drink to our enemies in the mhedia, but a complete refusal to address the question.

He is beneath contempt.

Well as i said before he cannot defend the supporters as a whole when there are an element that cause trouble.

We shall agree to disagree my friend, and i will be interested how it is reported in the newspapers tomorrow.

Well as i said before he cannot defend the supporters as a whole when there are an element that cause trouble.

We shall agree to disagree my friend, and i will be interested how it is reported in the newspapers tomorrow.

Fair enough.

Care to place a bet on how much of the media report his anti rangers fans comments as the lead story?

'We are our own worst enemies' headlines?

Bottom line is, he is not a bear and never will be.

you have just give the press all the ammo they want to keep attacking us.you are a evil little cunt blaming the fans and websites for causing our own trouble. murray i love our club, but have never hated anyone as much as i hate you.

While you have a right to you opinion - its a shame you spend so much energy in hating a man you has actualy contributed a lot to Rangers and has at least tried to make a positive difference. What positive contribution have you ever made to Rangers? All I see from you is negativity and hatred!

Bluepeter9, I find this a shocking post to say such a thing about minstral. I can assure you, as can many others here that minstral is a Rangers man through and through and is much more knowledgable than the likes of me when it comes to our club's history and culture. minstral has the clubs best interest at heart.

I'm 41, and if I feel bad about what SDM has come out with, what must he feel, having seen the days when chairmen supported our fans, defended our right to celebrate our history, pointed out the failings of other clubs rather than pander to the media and Timmy, as he did yesterday by having a go at the fans rather than respect the Rangers fans ?

Yes, times do and will always change and we must evolve with them, but to be so spineless in his public 'support' of the Rangers fan is sad stuff indeed.

Yes I went to the AGM.

He is beneath contempt.

The written word can easily be misconstrued, very easily, but how someone says something often says much more than what is said itself.

As you were there Manti, I am much happier to listen to your view than a report in a newspaper.

It doesn't make good reading, but this is the reality of our position today.

Well done SDM, the papers will have a field day in the morning, and Timmy will be laughing his arse off.

WELL FUCKING DONE :angry2:

The differance.

Liewell:- Celtic fans are TGFITW we are welcome everywhere. We have friends all over the planet. blah, blah, blah blah

blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah,

We have Jaun Guay who very occasionally lets us down but we are trying to find him.

Murray/Bain:- We are our own worst enemies, we have an element of our fans who use sectarian bile that drag our club down. We must do everything in our power to rid ourselves of this cancer. blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah,blah,

blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah,blah, blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah,

most of our fans are OK.

What do you think the media will grab on to?

The differance.

Liewell:- Celtic fans are TGFITW we are welcome everywhere. We have friends all over the planet. blah, blah, blah blah

We have Jaun Guay who very occasionally lets us down but we are trying to find him.

Murray/Bain:- We are our own worst enemies, we have an element of our fans who use sectarian bile that drag our club down. We must do everything in our power to rid ourselves of this cancer. blah, blah, blah blah, blah, blah, blah,blah,

most of our fans are OK.

What do you think the media will grab on to?

Thats a very good example SB (tu):sherlock:

POSITIVE MEDIA LIES

NEGATIVE MEDIA LIES

Yes I went to the AGM.

He is beneath contempt.

The written word can easily be misconstrued, very easily, but how someone says something often says much more than what is said itself.

As you were there Manti, I am much happier to listen to your view than a report in a newspaper.

It doesn't make good reading, but this is the reality of our position today.

Well done SDM, the papers will have a field day in the morning, and Timmy will be laughing his arse off.

WELL FUCKING DONE :angry2:

SDM should be attacking the negative publicity and one sided publicity not giving the mhedia food for another feast.

He dropped the ball badly today.

you have just give the press all the ammo they want to keep attacking us.you are a evil little cunt blaming the fans and websites for causing our own trouble. murray i love our club, but have never hated anyone as much as i hate you.

While you have a right to you opinion - its a shame you spend so much energy in hating a man you has actualy contributed a lot to Rangers and has at least tried to make a positive difference. What positive contribution have you ever made to Rangers? All I see from you is negativity and hatred!

Bluepeter9, I find this a shocking post to say such a thing about minstral. I can assure you, as can many others here that minstral is a Rangers man through and through and is much more knowledgable than the likes of me when it comes to our club's history and culture. minstral has the clubs best interest at heart.

I'm 41, and if I feel bad about what SDM has come out with, what must he feel, having seen the days when chairmen supported our fans, defended our right to celebrate our history, pointed out the failings of other clubs rather than pander to the media and Timmy, as he did yesterday by having a go at the fans rather than respect the Rangers fans ?

Yes, times do and will always change and we must evolve with them, but to be so spineless in his public 'support' of the Rangers fan is sad stuff indeed.

Cooperm - I am sorry that my post shocks you - but that doesn't make it any less true. Minstral may never change but the Times are changing - accepting it or fight it - that choice is your perogative. I for one embrace the changes Rangers are making -

(I am now going to make an assumption here) I assume that by defending our history and culture - you actually mean our protestant and unionist links (because our football history, sportsmanship, leadership, and excellence as one of the worlds top teams scince football began is not in question here).

It is these Protestant / Unionist links that I (and I believe many others) believe need to change. You may not like that, again that is your perogative, but it is also my perogative to embrace and acept, even argue for that change to happen. Also Minstral does devote (IMHO) a lot of his energies into negative posts.

BTW: I dont believe loving the club is a valid argument. Minstral may love the club, you may love the club, but I also love the club - perhaps we should get into a pissing contest to see who loves the club most. Nor is age a good argument (I am 49 - I believe Minstral is older (apoligies if your not Minstral)). You talk about the days when the Chairman supported the club - I assume you mean a Chairman who supported YOUR views of the club. I see in SDM a man who supports the club and its fans, but it is me and fans with my views he talks for and defends, not your type of fan hankering after a vision of what it was like in the 'good old days of yore'. SDM has supported this club for over 20 years, with cash, with little thanks, with a lot of class and decorum. I dont believe SDM to be in anyway spinless, as you sugest, in either his support of the club or the fans - a spinless man would have walked away many years ago, he has stayed to fight his corner and it is 'sad stuff' indeed when people can't, or wont, regognise what effort, loyalty and commitment SDM has given this club.

.......and whilst doing so, forgot to address on the park issues and delivered 10 Leagues in 38 years as Celtic and others shat all over us on the park.

To clarify. In some peoples eyes....... A Chairman who stuck up for the fans and our Protestant background is better than a Chairman who delivered success. :craphead:

And here was me thinking that RANGERS come first. :angry2:

Bp9, re-reading my post, I came over too harshly on SDM and didn't explain myself properly. I'm not one of these old die-hards by any means and I accept change needs to happen in a couple of quarters to be truthful. I'm certainly not the type who hankers after a vision of what it was like in the 'good old days of yore' It wasn't much fun standing in the rain with bottles and cans everywhere and people peeing where they stood, I'm sure you remember.

I just feel we need to remember where we come from, but at the same time we all have to ensure the well-being and future of the club by not stepping on our own toes, and ultimately this is the responsibility of every fan in my opinion. I fully agree.

I know some fans will never change from the older view of the club, but times do change and the evolution and development of the club will always happen.

I do appreciate the huge input SDM has given Rangers, I don't think anyone can question that when you look back to the time just before he took over the club. There have been huge improvements, there for all to see and 9iar and the quality of player seen at Ibrox in those 20 years has been very high, in some cases exceptional.

I also respect the fact he has turned down (to my knowledge) 3 offers for the club but said no, as he felt they were not in the best interests of Rangers. So, he could easily have jumped off the roundabout long before now.

What frustrates me most is lack of activity in addressing the sectarian singing. This is my gripe, more than anything.

We're the 'big bad Rangers' and Celtic seemingly can and do sing whatever they like. I know an AGM is not the place to raise this issue, but SDM is meeting Salmond sometime in the next week and has said he will address the issue at that time.

On this issue I would like (as would we all) clear guidelines on the subject. The Police don't even know the score on this one. Very frustrating.

why should he back people when they are sectarian dickheads?

You do realise he said he thought we had 99% great support, right? You did hear that?

He's embarrassed that there's a hard core of arsehole sociopaths that follow this club that we can't shake off, and I completely agree.

After all he's done for this club, you describe him as 'evil'?

This is exactly the sort of destructive crap he's talking about when he goes on about the internet.

You are a total drone of the highest order.

Can I ask what constitutes sectarian in your little world? 'cause last time I checked he sacked Donald Findlay for singing the Sash.

So enlightened one, pray do tell, are the 1% who sing the Sash and Derry's walls the clubs enemies?

Wake up for fucks sake. Sleeping in a Murray's wonder land while the taigs go on to lift championship after championship isn't acceptable in my view.

Nor is the fact that he lets serial rangers haters in to Ibrox free of charge while he profits from the rank and file

Do you think Rangers have a sectarian problem or not, Jimenez?

No I don't.

If you can point towards any incident within the grounds of a sectarian nature in recent times I'll eat my own testicles.

Murray was asked a perfectly reasonable question and he deflected.

'cause last time I checked he sacked Donald Findlay for singing the Sash.

Mr Findlay quit his position at Glasgow Rangers in May after a video of him singing The Sash - a song viewed as being sectarian and anti-Catholic - was made public.

But Mr Findlay said songs like The Sash were "a very different thing" to the uglier side of sectarianism - which he equated with an attack on another person because of the colour of a football scarf.

But he accepted there were "aspects of the songs" which were "clearly hostile", were not acceptable, and should not be sung in public.

"I wouldn't sing them in public and people shouldn't sing them in public," Findlay said.

:craphead:

you have just give the press all the ammo they want to keep attacking us.you are a evil little cnut blaming the fans and websites for causing our own trouble. murray i love our club, but have never hated anyone as much as i hate you.

It's this website that causes the trouble with our bigoted views!!! :craphead:

all the threads and clips of old articles and videos of anything to do with the club. plus you seem to dodge those threads and dont even acknowledge any of them. for your next part if a player or team are playing well then i will praise them, but we have not won a title in the last three years and have been very poor. the football last year was terrible to watch, and yes we won two cups but struggled to win them, and yes walter done well taking us to the final of a european football cup, but the football we played was boring and was driving me mad. this year we got knocked out of the champions league by a pub team, we did hammer celtic and hibs, but struggled at aberdeen, firhill, and beat by st mirren. also walter has us playing at a faster pace which was great to see until sunday where for some reason, we went back to the old slow build up which is no good, and if you dont think i support the club well thats up to you and its your opinion. people that know me would tell you different, i have loved and followed rangers all my life, as have the rest of my family, i have photos of myself inside ibrox meeting andy goram, ian durrant , stuart McCall, and mark hatley, but i really should not have to explain myself to you. :rangers:

Cooperm - I am sorry that my post shocks you - but that doesn't make it any less true. Minstral may never change but the Times are changing - accepting it or fight it - that choice is your perogative. I for one embrace the changes Rangers are making -

(I am now going to make an assumption here) I assume that by defending our history and culture - you actually mean our protestant and unionist links (because our football history, sportsmanship, leadership, and excellence as one of the worlds top teams scince football began is not in question here).

It is these Protestant / Unionist links that I (and I believe many others) believe need to change. You may not like that, again that is your perogative, but it is also my perogative to embrace and acept, even argue for that change to happen. Also Minstral does devote (IMHO) a lot of his energies into negative posts.

BTW: I dont believe loving the club is a valid argument. Minstral may love the club, you may love the club, but I also love the club - perhaps we should get into a pissing contest to see who loves the club most. Nor is age a good argument (I am 49 - I believe Minstral is older (apoligies if your not Minstral)). You talk about the days when the Chairman supported the club - I assume you mean a Chairman who supported YOUR views of the club. I see in SDM a man who supports the club and its fans, but it is me and fans with my views he talks for and defends, not your type of fan hankering after a vision of what it was like in the 'good old days of yore'. SDM has supported this club for over 20 years, with cash, with little thanks, with a lot of class and decorum. I dont believe SDM to be in anyway spinless, as you sugest, in either his support of the club or the fans - a spinless man would have walked away many years ago, he has stayed to fight his corner and it is 'sad stuff' indeed when people can't, or wont, regognise what effort, loyalty and commitment SDM has given this club.

:clap: A very well thought out response & one that certainly sums up my thoughts better than i have been able to do.

The main problem is that the current Rangers 'Song book' is definitively NOT sectarian, however, current perception and promotion from certain parties is that it is sectarian, this is the line that is being swallowed and regurgitated time after time. SDM and Bain should stand up for our fans first, then criticise those that remain entrenched in 1960s shipyard thought. No they criticise first then say the rest are okay, well thanks a fucking bunch, we get hung out to dry every fucking week and the tims laugh and complain some more. Reid is a terrorist loving scumbag of a man and Liewell ain't far behind yet they get an easy ride. SDM is just covering his own arse.