Fletcher: "Boyd is laziest in training"

Sounds like Fletcher is just as frustrated as the rest of us about Boyd.

Or he's just a knobber who shouldn't be saying anything of the sort about his team mates. (tu)

Certainly not on national television, but a private word in the ear could probably do Boyd some good.

Well, providing it was from someone other than Fletcher. I struggle to believe he has any sort of presence in the dressing room.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like Fletcher is just as frustrated as the rest of us about Boyd.

Or he's just a knobber who shouldn't be saying anything of the sort about his team mates. (tu)

Certainly not on national television, but a private word in the ear could probably do Boyd some good.

Well, providing it was from someone other than Fletcher. I struggle to believe he has any sort of presence in the dressing room.

A private word would do well, but on national tv, thats just stupid (td):P

Thinks because hes the captain hes Mr big?

F*kin arsehole.

Hope scotland get gubbed in their remaining games. Not worth missing a saturday afternoon to watch the pish they play.

Apparently it's McCulloch who's Mr. Big.

Also, what a rediculous thing to say about your countries national team - you should be ashamed at yourself hoping that your national team loses just because they aren't a successfull team - would you start wishing that upon Rangers if we dropped a few points ?

Fletcher was out of order saying this... it's not something you do in public. But him being in the wrong is not the point, despite the 'Kris Boyd Loyal' keen to hit on that to deflect away from the real point here which is that Boyd is not working hard in training to improve his weaknesses which we are constantly told.

Tbh, Id like to think Fletcher would know what he is on about.

He trains with a lot of Pro's like C.Ronaldo, Rio, Scholes.

What is the point of being a good finisher if your lazy and a bit over weight. You can't possibly be as sharpe as you should be if your THAT lazy.

You have to be willing to put the work in.

Does Flethcher even get a game for Man U? How can the guy still be in the national squad let alone the captain? doh

He's played a fair few games for Utd this season, and has scored a few goals from midfield also.

Really? Admittedly I don't watch a lot of Man U games but didn't think they were that hard up for midfielders. Fletcher is one of the most overrated players I've come across.

Does Flethcher even get a game for Man U? How can the guy still be in the national squad let alone the captain? doh

He's played a fair few games for Utd this season, and has scored a few goals from midfield also.

Really? Admittedly I don't watch a lot of Man U games but didn't think they were that hard up for midfielders. Fletcher is one of the most overrated players I've come across.

Carrick, Hargreaves, Ronaldo and Anderson have all had injury problems. Nani was also suspended. Even Park Ji-Sung was getting a game for them.

He is in my fantasy team for some reason- probably because he was cheap at start of season. Looking at the stats for him on the fantasy football site, he has played in 5/6 Man Utd League games so far, playing all 90 minutes in those games. He scored against Newcastle and Pompey in first 2 games of season.

Carrick, Hargreaves, Ronaldo and Anderson have all had injury problems. Nani was also suspended. Even Park Ji-Sung was getting a game for them.

Aaah that explains it.

If I was Boyd reading/seeing that interview, I'd train hard, play hard, score goals (all for the Gers) whilst giving a big "fuck you" to all the c*nts in the Scotland camp.

But Boyd should have done that years ago, especially if you consider that there have been numerous other interviews and articles in which people have slated things like his work ethic, his weight and his ability.

He said that Kris Boyd was by far the laziest member of the Scotland squad.

In other news - water is wet, sky is blue...

:D Aye, it is that obvious. Even if so, I agree with what others have said- very poor taste to slate teammates in public like that, even if they deserve it. 'Course, Fletcher is perfect, so he's entitled to say all that (aye, right).

I rate Fletcher highly as a player, but with this Q&A he's proven himself a complete prick with no respect for professional colleagues.

It's a light hearted interview so he should be a bit more 'humorous' with his replies.

His comments on Boyd are beyond wanky.

He's also an ass regarding what he said about David Weir.

Darren Fletcher spills the beans on his Scotland team mates, including Lee McCulloch and Kris Boyd!

Each week Soccer AM asks players to dish the dirt on their team-mates.

This week it's the turn of Manchester United and Scotland midfielder Darren Fletcher.

The new captain of his country has made a good start to the season and will be hoping to take his club form into Scotland's crucial World Cup qualifiers.

Despite a busy schedule he took time out this week to tell us what his international team-mates are really like behind the scenes...

BEST TRAINER

James McFadden because he's got that little bit something different. Scotland players are all hard working but James has got that little bit of class and he shows that in training.

WORST TRAINER

Kris Boyd. He hardly moves, doesn't run, doesn't like doing anything, but put the ball in the box and he will score nine times out of ten. He's one of the best finishers I've seen but in terms of enthusiasm and work rate he's probably the worst trainer.

QUICKEST PLAYER

Alan Hutton. People told me but I didn't realise until he came training with Scotland. He bombs up and down from right-back and he's so quick he just glides passed players, I think he was going passed Gianluca Zambrotta in the Italy game.

SLOWEST PLAYER

David Weir. I know i'm maybe picking on him because of his age, but when you have to try and play in midfield in front of him and he's sitting in the 18 yard box and i'm trying to tell him to push up... but what a player for his age and a great asset and a hall of famer for Scotland.

BIGGEST MOANER

Barry Ferguson or James McFadden, but I think Barry is only a moaner because he wants to win so much. So he's always moaning at his team-mates to try and do better.

HARD MAN

I think on the pitch Stephen McManus, he doesn't shirk a tackle, but he's also a gentleman off the pitch - a gentle giant.

MOST SKILFUL

James McFadden. As I said before he's got that bit of brilliance and he's done it so many times for Scotland. He can go past someone in the blink of an eye and put the ball in the top corner - a real asset.

WORST TASTE IN MUSIC

Christian Dailly. I remember being on an away trip in some dodgy European country and I heard this music from the next door room and I thought it was just some random guy and then Christian walks out and I said 'Christian is that your music?' and he said 'yeah'. I said 'it's not the best mate; you better just keep that in your room and not in the dressing room!'

WORST DRESS SENSE

Lee McCulloch, I think he buys mannequins from the shops just so that he looks good!

AND... WHO'S THE LONGEST IN THE SHOWER

Lee McCulloch definitely... by a very long way!

The Truth hurts sometimes... Well done Fletcher for telling it how it is (tu)

What did he say about Weir?

Nothing that wasn't true.

You don't publicly slag off your team mates, no matter how true what you're saying is.

The daft stuff like the music or the shower stuff - that's banter and ok.

But totally crucifying a colleague's ability on the pitch or conduct in training is disgraceful imo.

WORST TRAINER

Kris Boyd. He hardly moves, doesn't run, doesn't like doing anything, but put the ball in the box and he will score nine times out of ten. He's one of the best finishers I've seen but in terms of enthusiasm and work rate he's probably the worst trainer.

Don't see anything wrong with that tbh. Boyd only has himself to blame. The sooner he's moved on from Rangers, the better!