***The Official Football Manager 2009 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is he any good? Anybody had him in their teams?

Lovenkrands has not hit any kind of form for me at all so I am going for Landon instead, signed him on a free but had to give him 20k wages

Got Rat on the way too even though Insua has been cracking on loan for me

just drew my uncles team in the scottish cup 4th round, one of 2 non league teams left in the comp

away to bathgate thistle... if u go to their staff section he has a profile (the only one :P )

might hire him

Well thats the end of my first season with the gers. 2nd in the league, 9 points behind scumbags (I finished season poorly!!!) Won league cup and scottish cup!! Bain has given me 9 million to spend. Tho have just sold davis to everton for 10.5 and fergie to liverpool for 12.5 straight cash (only played 10 games, very injury prone). Got 27m burning a hole now, hav signed rat and am after a brazilian right back, failed his medical cos hes injured tho so gotta wait 2 weeks

Barr and Berra were a revelation at the back, particularly barr, well chuffed

8 games to go 6 points clear of the filth with a game in hand (still not lost to them in two seasons) my 64 game unbeaten run (league) came to an abrupt end when caley scored 3 goals in the last 10 minutes to beat me 3-2. Also lost out in the q/f of the scottish cup losing 5-4 to hibs after being 3-0 and 4-2 up well gutted.

host of players signing on bosmans (mainly because i plan to sell most of them to make some cash)

8 games to go 6 points clear of the filth with a game in hand (still not lost to them in two seasons) my 64 game unbeaten run (league) came to an abrupt end when caley scored 3 goals in the last 10 minutes to beat me 3-2. Also lost out in the q/f of the scottish cup losing 5-4 to hibs after being 3-0 and 4-2 up well gutted.

host of players signing on bosmans (mainly because i plan to sell most of them to make some cash)

I normaly do this alot aswell. But be carefull how many u sign as its sometimes an impossible task to get rid of all of them.

DB, sampled your tactics away to Man Utd got hammered, used same tactics but 4-4-1-1 lost 1-0 but deserved to win, tried my own and drew 2-2

Dont think they suit my team, esp the deep backline

Remember though My team is completely different to your 1st 11.

Thats the great thing about this FM series, you buy a player for the 1st 11 and you have to slightly alter your Tactic to suit (tu)

I normaly do this alot aswell. But be carefull how many u sign as its sometimes an impossible task to get rid of all of them.

thats why they only get 2 year deals, all else fails loan them out... for a fee of course.

i have 3 new keepers coming and i already have two but one refuses to sign a new deal as he is back up for up to greegsy.

for some reason my full backs always seem to get motm . and my strikers play pish .

Signed Ivica Olic on a pre Contract and Van Der Vaart also. Gets transfer listed for 8.5 Mill

After Winning the Domestic treble 3 times in a row plus the Champions league x2 and the World club championship and the super cup with Rangers :rangers:

I've got offered the Chelsea and Man Utd Job, Andrew Dickson (Rangers Chairman) was keen for me to stay, after Strachan left Celtic for Blackburn and David Moyes took over the Celtic Job.

So i decided to stay :D

I've Just been offered the Scotland job after Burley got sacked, so I'm now Both Rangers/Scotland manager.

An Exciting Season ahead after Diego, Rafinha and Ivan Rakitić have arrived on the Bosman :rangers:

Fs. Play much ??? :o

Started my 2nd season with Rangers.

In:

Nordveit(Arsenal) - 6.5m

David Edgar(Newcastle) - 8.5m

Lovenkrands(Shalke) - 8.4m

Metzelder(Real M) - 6.5m

Andrew Driver(Hearts) - 6.6m

Out:

Boyd(Wigan) - 8m

Adam(Cristal Pallace) - 1.5m

Edu(Napoli - loan)

Papac(Cluj) - 600k

Lafferty(A Villa) - 7m

Darcheville(Sedanne) - free

Dailly(Plymouth) - free

Velicka - released

Weir - released

My team at the moment is:

GK:

McGregor

Alexander

D:

Whittaker

Ross

Smith

Edgar

Nordveit

Metzelder

Danny Wilson

Webster

M:

Ferguson

Davis

Mendes

Fabio Aurelio

Driver

Beasley

Thomson

Burke

Furman

F:

Fleck

Novo

Naismith

Le Tallec

Lovenkrands

Miller

Lennon

Started my 2nd season with Rangers.

In:

Nordveit(Arsenal) - 6.5m

David Edgar(Newcastle) - 8.5m

Lovenkrands(Shalke) - 8.4m :anguish:

Metzelder(Real M) - 6.5m

Andrew Driver(Hearts) - 6.6m :anguish:

Out:

Boyd(Wigan) - 8m

Adam(Cristal Pallace) - 1.5m

Edu(Napoli - loan)

Papac(Cluj) - 600k

Lafferty(A Villa) - 7m

Darcheville(Sedanne) - free

Dailly(Plymouth) - free

Velicka - released

Weir - released

My team at the moment is:

GK:

McGregor

Alexander

D:

Whittaker

Ross

Smith

Edgar

Nordveit

Metzelder

Danny Wilson

Webster

M:

Ferguson

Davis

Mendes

Fabio Aurelio

Driver

Beasley

Thomson

Burke

Furman

F:

Fleck

Novo

Naismith

Le Tallec

Lovenkrands

Miller

Lennon

Lovenkrands(Shalke) - 8.4m

Sorry mate but thats the worst bit of business ive ever seen :mutley:

I bought Lovenkrands 1st season for 350k, let him go for free 1 year later

Hes now at Fulham where hes scored 3 in 20

same, i got him in, i just had to "rest" him for 2 weeks, brought him back in for the game against werder bremen at home and he raced clear, took a shite touch and the defenders caught up with him but he scored from outside of the box to make it 2-0... think that was his first goal in about 13 games, his confidence is low and he has not performed at all, got donovan in instead, gonna try and punt lovenkrands, he isnt even that fast :unsure:

What tactics does everyone use away in the CL?

I stick to my principles.

4-4-2 attacking :D

See i love attacking football where i have all the possession. I play 4-2-3-1 at nearly all out attack, but the CL games are starting to get a bit risky and i need to win it, to get better players in the summer.

I might go 4-4-2 away and see whats its like after 20 mins(will play a few games before with 4-4-2), how do you set it up?

RFC 4-4-1-1 is far to negative for me and my fans, if a team is all over me i go off my nut shouting at the laptop. My fans also moan when i beat Hearts 3-0 away as i missed too many chances, and too many errors. I was all over them FFS <_<