***The Official Football Manager 2009 Thread***

disgruntled_bear

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TMWWBK talking about players playing for their international team, i signed fleck at the start of the game for city, been getting a game off the bench for me and impressed everytime, its september and hes just scored the winner against iceland :D

Sold Santon and Kerrison for a combined 55 million pound. If I get rid of Guilherme, I'll have about 80 million to spend, but my team will still be strong. My goalkeeper, defence and midfield are all solid, and I've got about four strikers who I can rotate. D:

went 104 games undefeated for Rangers in the SPL. at the end of the 2012-2013 ive been offered the Arsenal job

given that ive got little or no money to spend at Rangers plus i was only on £22k a week and Arsenal where offering 70 million transfer budget and a weekly wage of £105k! ive decided to accept

I've not managed to get into a game yet. Tried a thousand times but the new game is just not that good. What teams do you recommend that will remind me of why I loved FM games?

Give it time.

I think that FM only starts to get really interesting when you start building your own team.

I totally ripped my Gers team apart in my first transfer window, no point in wasting time with half the duds we had!

drew with arsenal at home on my man city career then beat chelsea in a great game, 3-2, 87th minute winner for palombo after he opened the scoring.

pummeled stuttgart away in europe but only came away with a 2-1 win, ref played 2 extra minutes at the end over the stoppage time and stuttgart nearly scored I was raging

got man utd at old trafford next :anguish:

Pandev and Gignac are playing fantastic for me atm

Man Utd are ridiculous in the new patch

I dunno why but Fulham are also playing some good football... They sit 3rd in the league after about 23 games..

I've never had a season in which the yop 4 finish top 4 (or anything like it). Wish it was a wee bit more realistic.

Anyone no some young good players to buy??

Have bought a few n withing 3 seasons was getting 10-20m offers for them when i only payed a few hundred grand lol

P Pssaris

Petrrei Grahn

Gideon Hofman

Mascio

Ronilson

Think ats how you spell most of them but all quality players!

Must be good if am Wolves n have just finshed 2nd in the premiership!

Anyone no some young good players to buy??

Have bought a few n withing 3 seasons was getting 10-20m offers for them when i only payed a few hundred grand lol

P Pssaris

Petrrei Grahn

Gideon Hofman

Mascio

Ronilson

Think ats how you spell most of them but all quality players!

Must be good if am Wolves n have just finshed 2nd in the premiership!

kadlec, saivet, sakho, gary glen.

just started a new season with rangers, sold whittaker to stoke for 5m, kevin thomson to sunderland for 6m, mcculoch to stoke for 3.8m although he did demand i pay for the wage cut he would have to take to go there :(, charlie adam to hull for 1.4m and darchivelle to cardiff for 1m :D also asked the board for extra transfer funds before i started selling players anf they gave me an extra 5.5m. bought in ricardo fernandes from Metalurg D for 1m, pape diop from some dodgy team for 100k, belleti from chelsea for 3.7m, alex from internasional for 4.7m, escude from seville for 2m(was transfer listed for some reason) and got emiliano insua from liverpool on loan for free and paying no wages. team is looking class but will take a while for the team to gel

I've not managed to get into a game yet. Tried a thousand times but the new game is just not that good. What teams do you recommend that will remind me of why I loved FM games?

Give it time.

I think that FM only starts to get really interesting when you start building your own team.

I totally ripped my Gers team apart in my first transfer window, no point in wasting time with half the duds we had!

Absolutely.

When your youngsters, signed as 16 year olds, start breaking into the first team it's great to see a team you've moulded start taking teams apart!

my AC Milan team is taking in shape had to bring in a striker on loan so signed.......................Drrent Bent and what a start 3 goals in 2 games, signing Akinevv and got Sakho coming in the summer sold Pirlo signed Veloso

my AC Milan team is taking in shape had to bring in a striker on loan so signed.......................Drrent Bent and what a start 3 goals in 2 games, signing Akinevv and got Sakho coming in the summer sold Pirlo signed Veloso

sakho is soo good when it gets to like 4th-5th season, had him with inter and he just dominates the defence.