Lafferty vs DMB

Poetry_In_Blue

Even though I would prefer to see Lafferty playing as a striker for Rangers, even the lad himself admits that due to the amount of strikers at the Club's disposal he isn't gauranteed a spot, and by his own admission he will play anywhere for Rangers.

He said: "Playing up front is definitely where I feel most comfortable although I will play anywhere for Rangers. I have always said that.

From today's Evening Times

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...is_position.php

Now until he does get this chance, who would you prefer to see playing on the left, DMB or Lafferty?

For me, due to Beasley's below par performances recently, I think it is time to give Lafferty a chance in this position.

DMB is off form right now so Lafferty for me but I'd prefer to see what Lafferty could do up front and hopefully see DMB back on form.

DMB has been "off form" for fkin months now.

Laff out there on the left by a mile for me.

DMB is off form right now so Lafferty for me but I'd prefer to see what Lafferty could do up front and hopefully see DMB back on form.

Has he ever been ON form?

The guy is a total waste of space, send him back to the US !!

It's confusing to me as to what Lafferty actually offers on the left that wouldn't be better used up front? I don't really think he has burning pace or is an exceptionally good crosser, so putting him on the left is kind of a waste IMO. As for DMB, yeah he's off form, but as least when he is on form, he's comfortable with a more traditional winger role. The only way he's going to get back on form is to keep playing. Benching him is just going to kill his confidence.

I think we should p-lay Beasley as he is a winger. He needs some time and games after a bad injury and a lot of traveling with the US. He can score too.

Lafferty should be played up front. He may be a good partner for Boyd, but until we see him how will we know? Ditto for Aaron.

Why pay all that money to play him out of position?

Lafferty should play upfront everytime he pulls on a Rangers jersey - he is simply not a left sided midfielder/winger.