I'd love to hear Flower of Scotland at Ibrox all the time

ManchestGer

I wouldnt want it sung anywere near the Brox.

If ye wanty be a Jacobite then go to Hampden and do it with the rest of the Anti-British Tartan fannys.

Well seen that you don't know Scottish history if you think FOS is a Jacobite song. No wonder Scotland is in such a state.

FYI. the song is refers to the victory of the Scots, led by King Robert the Bruce over the King of England, Edward II, at the Battle of Bannockburn in 1314.

That about 300 years before the jacobite times.

Where did i say that ? <cr>

And you have a cheek to come out with no wonder Scotland is in a state, You havent lived in the country for god knows how many years.

To be honest i couldnt really give two fucks what the song does or doesnt refer to, its a dirge that was drempt up by Ronnie fuckin Brown of all people :rolleyes:

The Tartan army see themselves as some kind of modern day jacobites, Why do you think they resent what our club stands for so much ?

I don't to be pedantic, but it was actually wrote by the latter Corrie, Roy Williamson. :harhar:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If ye wanty be a Jacobite then go to Hampden and do it with the rest of the Anti-British Tartan fannys.

Well seen that you don't know Scottish history if you think FOS is a Jacobite song. No wonder Scotland is in such a state.

FYI. the song is refers to the victory of the Scots, led by King Robert the Bruce over the King of England, Edward II, at the Battle of Bannockburn in 1314.

And you have a cheek to come out with no wonder Scotland is in a state, You havent lived in the country for god knows how many years.

To be honest i couldnt really give two fucks what the song does or doesnt refer to, its a dirge that was drempt up by Roy fuckin Williamson of all people :rolleyes:

The Tartan army see themselves as some kind of modern day jacobites, Why do you think they resent what our club stands for so much ?

I don't to be pedantic, but it was actually wrote by the latter Corrie, Roy Williamson. :harhar:

Sorted mate (tu)

im positive i heard one of the commentators on sky last season at a Scotland game say that it was Brown who wrote the song though.

To be honest i couldnt really give two fucks what the song does or doesnt refer to, its a dirge that was drempt up by Ronnie fuckin Brown of all people :rolleyes:

You were the one that linked the song and Jacobite cause if you read your own statement. If you don't want the song sung that 's fine by me but don't change history to suit your views. I also lived in Scotland longer than I've lived in the USA and it's Scots themselves who have advised me I am better off here than in Scotland. As for the rest of your statement that speaks for itself.

It's a shit song - maudlin, self pitying and about as rousing as a pint of night-nurse.

It's also anti the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. That's enough reason for me to wish it on the Tartanista alone. They are welcome to it.

We should sing Rock around the clock by the fabulous beat combo Bill Haley & The Comets instead.

haha, great post.

WE WANT SONGS TO INSPIRE THE TEAM NOT KNOCK THEM TO SLEEP... :willy:

That seems strange since they used to sing songs like this back in the days when Scotland actually qualified for the World cup, unlike now they don't sing it and don't qualify. :rolleyes:

Rangers need songs to inspire them too.

That seems strange since they used to sing songs like this back in the days when Scotland actually qualified for the World cup, unlike now they don't sing it and don't qualify. :rolleyes:

I dont ever remember FOS being sung by Rangers fans.

In 1978 we did sing "you can stick your FOS up your arse" at the JG testimonial against Scotland.

Has anyone ever seen a Rangers player representing Scotland sing it before a match ?

Flower of Scotland is racist so we would be thrown out of Europe and fined heavily...............or so the do gooders on here would have you believe <cr>

We don't have to sing Flower of Scotland to be Scottish..........we don't have an identity crisis,we know who we are.

In 1978 we did sing "you can stick your FOS up your arse" at the JG testimonial against Scotland.

Has anyone ever seen a Rangers player representing Scotland sing it before a match ?

Walter Smith, Ally McCoist, Andy Goram (yes Andy), Richard Gough (despite his birthpalce), Stuart McCall, Barry Ferguson ... and I am sure many more. What a stupid question !

Walter Smith, Ally McCoist, Andy Goram (yes Andy), Richard Gough (despite his birthpalce), Stuart McCall, Barry Ferguson ... and I am sure many more. What a stupid question !

When have you seen Ferguson sing it? Every time I've seen him, he hasn't...although I obviously don't have a clue as to whether this is over some principled stand or whether he just doesn't "do" singing.

Kenny Miller and Davie Weir :beer1:

Flower of Scotland is not a "racist" song. It is not "anti-English". It is a song which celebrates the birth of our nation, Scotland, through the Wars of Independence. An achievement we all as Scotsmen should be immensely proud of. Without Scotland there would be no Rangers. It's sad to see so many fellow Scots in our support be so hostile to our roots.

Having said all that, it's a crap song so, no, I wouldn't like to hear it at Ibrox purely for that reason.

Flower of Scotland is not a "racist" song. It is not "anti-English". It is a song which celebrates the birth of our nation, Scotland, through the Wars of Independence. An achievement we all as Scotsmen should be immensely proud of. Without Scotland there would be no Rangers. It's sad to see so many fellow Scots in our support be so hostile to our roots.

Having said all that, it's a crap song so, no, I wouldn't like to hear it at Ibrox purely for that reason.

If the famine song is racist, then so is FOS.

It most certainly is anti-English though.

Says the guy with a papal spy in his sig and login name. :mutley:

It is a song which celebrates the birth of our nation, Scotland, through the Wars of Independence.

There was no Scotland before 1314 then? And any song which wants an independent Scotland is, by definition, anti-British.

The ignorance displayed on this thread is quite astounding. Some people need to read up on their history. If it wasn't for the Wars of Independence Scotland would have ceased to exist as a nation. Therefore there would have been no Britain as we know it. Only England.

Britain didn't come into existence until 1603 with the Union of the Crowns. How on earth then could a battle fought in 1314 be anti-British! A foreign power (England) tried to invade our country and we defeated them. We eventually joined with them under OUR terms not as an occupied entity. Is that not something to celebrate?

It is a song which celebrates the birth of our nation, Scotland, through the Wars of Independence.

There was no Scotland before 1314 then? And any song which wants an independent Scotland is, by definition, anti-British.

The ignorance displayed on this thread is quite astounding. Some people need to read up on their history. If it wasn't for the Wars of Independence Scotland would have ceased to exist as a nation. Therefore there would have been no Britain as we know it. Only England.

Britain didn't come into existence until 1603 with the Union of the Crowns. How on earth then could a battle fought in 1314 be anti-British! A foreign power (England) tried to invade our country and we defeated them. We eventually joined with them under OUR terms not as an occupied entity. Is that not something to celebrate?

100 years out.

I couldn't care less if Rangers fans wanted to sing this, they are entitled to do so, I just don't expect them to get any support.

I'm a unionist and would much rather celebrate our prosperity these last 300 years or so than a battle where our peoples were once at war.