I'd love to hear Flower of Scotland at Ibrox all the time

ManchestGer

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO!

A dirge sung by egg chasers and people who are not interested in football.

That's utter crap. No reason we can't sing them both. There's no law says pick one or the other.

Disagree how bad would it look if we sang FOS during the match, and then sang GSTQ at the end! <cr>

I'd love to hear it too but it really has little (or nothing) to do with Rangers so it wouldn't happen

Plenty of songs with even less relevance are played every week, the Great Escape one for an example (not just a film theme tune, but a film directed by an American!). We play in the Scottish League, that's relevant enough for me (tu)

I appreciate that most chants are there to wind up rival fans especially the tims but surely we would gain the same reaction by showing the scum that were Scottish (unlike them). Anyone else agree?

i defo agree, we should sing it followed by gsoq

I appreciate that most chants are there to wind up rival fans especially the tims but surely we would gain the same reaction by showing the scum that were Scottish (unlike them). Anyone else agree?

erm please allow me point one of a second to think about that one

nay fekin chance :unionflag:

I wouldnt want it sung anywere near the Brox.

If ye wanty be a Jacobite then go to Hampden and do it with the rest of the Anti-British Tartan fannys.

i agree that theres many a tartan army member who is an anti rangers anti british nobed but theres still plenty of bears who are proud members of the tartan army, id say at least 35%! and anyway if scotish, u should be proud!!!

It's a shit song - maudlin, self pitying and about as rousing as a pint of night-nurse.

It's also anti the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. That's enough reason for me to wish it on the Tartanista alone. They are welcome to it.

We should sing Rock around the clock by the fabulous beat combo Bill Haley & The Comets instead.

I am Scottish and Proud but FOS would die within the first few notes if sung at Ibrox, just wouldn't work with the majority.

To the OP - If you would like to hear FOS sung at Ibrox, why don't you start it off :lol: I look forward to hearing your feedback ;)

If I wanted to be an anti-English racist, I'm sure I would sing it.

shocked at the responce our national anthem gets on here. seen a few threads like this though, always the same.

That would be God Save The Queen.

Flower of Scotland has NO official capacity at all.

God Save the Queen is the British national anthem not the Scottish one.

Just like Land of Hope and Glory is the English national anthem.

Scotland the Brave was the Scottish national anthem but got dropped for Flower of scotland in the 90's somewhere.

shocked at the responce our national anthem gets on here. seen a few threads like this though, always the same.

Scotland the Brave was the Scottish national anthem but got dropped for Flower of scotland in the 90's somewhere.

Actually, England has no official national anthem, the same way Scotland doesn't.

says who m8??

it is an adopted anthem not an official one

the official one is god save the queen

If ye wanty be a Jacobite then go to Hampden and do it with the rest of the Anti-British Tartan fannys.

Well seen that you don't know Scottish history if you think FOS is a Jacobite song. No wonder Scotland is in such a state.

FYI. the song is refers to the victory of the Scots, led by King Robert the Bruce over the King of England, Edward II, at the Battle of Bannockburn in 1314.

That about 300 years before the jacobite times.

Well seen that you don't know Scottish history if you think FOS is a Jacobite song. No wonder Scotland is in such a state.

FYI. the song is refers to the victory of the Scots, led by King Robert the Bruce over the King of England, Edward II, at the Battle of Bannockburn in 1314.

No place for it at Ibrox.

Where did i say that ? <cr>

And you have a cheek to come out with no wonder Scotland is in a state when you havent lived in the country for god knows how many years.

To be honest i couldnt really give two fucks what the song does or doesnt refer to, its a dirge that was drempt up by Ronnie fuckin Brown of all people :rolleyes:

The Tartan army see themselves as some kind of modern day jacobites, Why do you think they resent what our club stands for so much ?