macleod1873

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boyd missed 1 fcuking pen FFS doh

He's missed 5 in his time here.

So Boyd's been here for almost 3 years and he has missed 5? Doesn't seem that bad to me. I don't recall him blasting it over the bar Christian Vieri-style ever. What gives you guys confidence that Whittaker or Mendes will be so much better than Boyd? They would be likely to have a couple saved as well.

So Boyd's been here for almost 3 years and he has missed 5? Doesn't seem that bad to me. I don't recall him blasting it over the bar Christian Vieri-style ever. What gives you guys confidence that Whittaker or Mendes will be so much better than Boyd? They would be likely to have a couple saved as well.

Whittaker is probably the best penalty kick taker ive seen over the past 10 years at Rangers. He's ice cool and he hits them with absolute precision.

Im of the Marcelo Lippi belief that you have to keep your options fresh when it comes to penalties. If a player misses one, it prays on their mind and pshychologically effects them when they go to hit the next one. That, and the fact that any decent goalkeeper will study the penalty takers habit of placement.

I'm not sure about Mendes, but Whittaker seems to have a knack for taking great penalties (as in, he doesn't just leather them as hard as he can), and I can't recall ever seeing Novo miss a penalty.