Penalty Taker?

macleod1873

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been thinking about this for a while.

Boydy could use with a little bit of finesse in his penalties. They're either straight down the middle, or skelped low and hard to the keepers right.

Have you ever seen him put one to a keepers left hand side?

Boydy could use with a little bit of finesse in his penalties. They're either straight down the middle, or skelped low and hard to the keepers right.

First you criticised his overall game left right and centre and now he's improved on that you are moving on to his penalties.

Your a tough man to please buddy :craphead:

But seriously, I agree (tu)

That is very true, as me and my dad were talking about that the other night!

Leave them to Boyd, it was just one miss.

Saying that, i think Whittaker is one of our better penalty takers, always looks like he's gonna score. Strange cause in open play he looks like a deer caught in headlights.

:mutley::mutley::mutley:

Was going to the post the same thing. They are always to the right hand side.

This season: Hearts, Hamilton, Killie away, Inverness and Killie at Ibrox

aw fuck noo he's gonny skelp the next wan past the left haun post

aw fuck noo he's gonny skelp the next wan past the left haun post

:lol:

Penalty taker needs to be on the pitch, so there's not much point in going for Whittaker and to some extent Novo as I don't think he'll keep his starting place. Miller and Ferguson are out as are all the defenders so that leaves Mendes, Davis or Boyd (or McGregor I suppose).

Leave it with Boyd - no brainer IMO

Boyd has earned the penalties until he misses again....but Whittaker??????

Novo is good from the spot so i'd have him 2nd in line........does anyone else think that the person that wins the pen shouldn't take it??

Whittaker is great at them. He scored in the CIS Cup final and UEFA Cup semi-final and looks calm when taking them.

His CIS Cup winning penalty was smashed to the left... :harhar:

was that not down the middle ? :craphead:

maybe, I can only see the one view looking at the highlights... Id say middle left :P

OK, middle left it is <_< :locked:

He was always going to miss one eventually so no I wouldn't change it but if he misses another one then we would have to look at the situation. So far as who would then replace him goes it's always a mistake to think that skilful players make good penalty takers, in fact when you think of all the great players that have missed crucial penalties then you realise that taking them is an art in itself more about temprement than anything else.

After Boyds penalty miss at the weekend, do any of you think thres a stick out penalty taker in that team apart from him ? Personally id keep Kris on them but ive herd a few moans from mates that he just runs up and hits them as hard as he can.

You have no chance of getting that ball of boyd, He said in the paper he would still take the next one!!!

And I bet ya anything he scores it!!