Columbo

Walter's biggest mistake since returning  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Losing the Uefa Cup Final
    • Losing the league despite leading massively
    • Exit from Europe to Kaunas
    • Poor signings in summer of 2007

I feel that losing the Uefa Cup final wasn't really a failure as getting there was a succsess while I don't think Walter can take the full blame for losing the title as the SFA didn't help. Personally I feel that the exit to Kaunas has been his biggest failure as it was his fault he didn't sign reinforcements before then and despite signing well and doing well since then it was his fault we lost in Lithuania.

:rangers:

Throwing the league away. Kaunas shouldn't even have been a fixture.

We didn't really go for it against Zenit but let's be honest ; they were by far the better team.

They were, but you could argue that Fiorentina and Bremen were also far better than us.

We didn't really go for it against Zenit but let's be honest ; they were by far the better team.

They were, but you could argue that Fiorentina and Bremen were also far better than us.

The most skillful team I seen play at Ibrox last season was Zeta of all people :lol:

They took the piss out of us when it came to movement, shape, ball retention and skill.

We played negative against those teams as well though

Just so happens, being negative against Zenit didnt work

The most skillful team I seen play at Ibrox last season was Zeta of all people :lol:

They took the piss out of us when it came to movement, shape, ball retention and skill.

Their two 20 year old stand outs, Cetkovic and Stjepanovic, both ended up signing for Partizan Belgrade. We could have done worse.

We played negative against those teams as well though

Just so happens, being negative against Zenit didnt work

Were we negative v Bremen at Ibrox? We could have won that game 4-0 if McCulloch hadn't waited on the ball rolling in and done it himself.

And how did he appraoch those games? He stuck with what worked with us previously in the final.

And how did he appraoch those games? He stuck with what worked with us previously in the final.

Response posted above :lol:

We were dire against Sporting at Ibrox though, can't believe I paid £40 for that.

All of the options are BIG failurs but for me the UEFA cup final loss was the worst!

We went to the final with the wrong tactics to play for a draw.

Poor management and poor use of the squad.

I really feel if we had had a go we could have got a goal or two. We showed when we did attack, Zennit didn’t know how to cope!

Oh well, no point moaning about it now!

Losing the league. That was a right kick in the teath.

1) Our chances of winning the Uefa cup were pretty low, bad thing losing, but still not as bad.

2) Ok, the exit from Europe was bad, but atleast we won't lose fatigue towards the end again.

3) We made up for the signings this year... Bobo, Mendes, Miller, Lafferty, Edu? Greatest transfers in a while.

There was no excuse for losing the title tbh.