The rivalry with aberdeen

martyb1873

wot i meant was, has there always been as fierce a hatred towards them as there is today. or did the durrant thing make it worse.

The Durrant situation made it worse and they still sing about it which makes my blood boil. Put it this was I have been a Rangers supporter for over twenty years and my Dad let me go to an Old firm before he would let me go to an Aberdeen game. The Aberdeen casuals are a nightmare!

Hope I've answered some of your question. :unionflag:

aberdeen used to be great to go to all the buses stayed till midnight and was a cracking day out

nowadays i take car get there for kick off then drive right home

i hate them and the song they sung about murray yesterday was 10 times worse than famine song or ira propaganda songs they should be named and shamed thru the mhedia

aberdeen used to be great to go to all the buses stayed till midnight and was a cracking day out

nowadays i take car get there for kick off then drive right home

i hate them and the song they sung about murray yesterday was 10 times worse than famine song or ira propaganda songs they should be named and shamed thru the mhedia

Dead right kpl (tu)

The thing about a lot of Celtic fans, you can get on with them, until they talk about football. With Aberdeen fans, I just don't want to know them.

I can get along with Celtic football fans, I just don't want to know their fenian fans or the sheep shaggers at all.

It started as they were good for a couple of seasons when they had SAF at the mound of dung, since then, they have been back to shite, but seem to think they are our rivals, more like a yappy wee dog biting at a rottweilers ankles.

Ferguson started it, that pwick ferguson I mean. When he was punted out the door he always held a grudge after that and when the sheep had their purple patch with him in charge he was always at the mix both on and off the park. As I've said before he's a fcukin dog. :sherlock:

Could be wong but a think it started back in the late 70s,when Doug Rougvie headbutted DJ in the 1979 league cup final and got sent off when they where 1-0 up and we went on to win 2-1........also when Willie Johnston came back he got sent off [in a game a was at] for stamping on John McMasters neck it was quite nasty his photo was in the papers the next day.

Plus the granite city,s full of the wrong type enough said.

Ferguson started it, that pwick ferguson I mean.

We have a winner.

As fishtank said, the trips to Aberdeen in the old days were great.

manti can you mind that club that all our fans used to go to. i am trying to mind the name but it was a great sing song we all had.

We have a winner.

manti can you mind that club that all our fans used to go to. i am trying to mind the name but it was a great sing song we all had.

There was a big Club near the beach, iirc?

Can't remember a name but I do remember some great encounters with the lassies of furry boots city.

No great surprise when the men prefer sheep.

I remember one time being on a bus that didn't leave Aberdeen till after 3am.

Fuck knows how we survived, the bus driver matched us drink for drink :craphead:

We have a winner.

Can't remember a name but I do remember some great encounters with the lassies of furry boots city.

Fuck knows how we survived, the bus driver matched us drink for drink :craphead:

thats the one manti but i wish i could mind its name.

We have a winner.

Aye they were great outings until that twisted bastard transferred his hate of Rangers into their support. I doubt very much if he was ever a Bluenose at all. :sherlock:

It mainly stems from Sir Awex leaving them, which is why they've been shite ever since. It just so happened that Souness arrived around that time & we reclaimed our posdition as top dogs.

And of course........

They never really hated us then. It was us who hated them! Jealousy is a wonderful thing. :D

I was at Pittodrie for Jock Wallaces first game back at Rangers. Got locked out with about 2000 other bears. This was before the heyday of the casuals and even then the fuckers hated us. Went back a few years later and one pub we went to had pictures of Ian Durrant in the urinals. Always loathed the sheep molesting b*st*rds. Got to be honest have never been back its cold and unfriendly shite of a place.

We have a winner.

thats the one manti but i wish i could mind its name.

Was it not the beach ballroom?

We also used to have 'traditional' music in the early to mid 80's, in the Criterieon, directly in front of the railway station,, they used to open the function room upstairs in there and i still remeber that day in 87. Steaming drunk, with skol mask on, marching to the ground.

Oh silly days oot in a/deen used to be class, but as i have heard before, they were even better in the 60's & 70's.