***The Official Dundee United v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good half so far, weve done well whenever weve had the ball, and whilst dundee UTD have had the bulk of the posession, they have done nothing with it... for all the talk of their free flowing football, they have been poor, just lumping the ball forward to no avail. Levein will be getting right into them at half time though, I must say we look very good though, boyd and miller working well and boyds finish was great, miller was unlucky not to score and we might have had an own goal... dundee UTD only look dangerous from set pieces, and even then they arent getting forward enough to get them, if we switch off for a second they could punish us from a punt up the park

who is on the bench?

Good point - we're allowing them to play in their own half and big Kirk is mopping up their high balls. Barry and Pedro are linking up as well as they have all season. Keep going at them on the break and we'll get the 2nd. Subs from memory - Alexander, Beasley, Fleck, Novo, Aaron, Lafferty and ??

With all the high balls and loose passes wouldn't be surprised to see Novo coming on to try and catch them out. Keep it tight again boys for first 10 minutes and we should come away with the 3 pts

good half so far, weve done well whenever weve had the ball, and whilst dundee UTD have had the bulk of the posession, they have done nothing with it... for all the talk of their free flowing football, they have been poor, just lumping the ball forward to no avail. Levein will be getting right into them at half time though, I must say we look very good though, boyd and miller working well and boyds finish was great, miller was unlucky not to score and we might have had an own goal... dundee UTD only look dangerous from set pieces, and even then they arent getting forward enough to get them, if we switch off for a second they could punish us from a punt up the park

who is on the bench?

Good point - we're allowing them to play in their own half and big Kirk is mopping up their high balls. Barry and Pedro are linking up as well as they have all season. Keep going at them on the break and we'll get the 2nd. Subs from memory - Alexander, Beasley, Fleck, Novo, Aaron, Lafferty and ??

With all the high balls and loose passes wouldn't be surprised to see Novo coming on to try and catch them out. Keep it tight again boys for first 10 minutes and we should come away with the 3 pts

forgot to mention barry and mendes, this is definitely barrys best game since his return, just needs to make sure he doesnt get booked, is edu on the bench? or is another under21?

who is on the bench?

forgot to mention barry and mendes, this is definitely barrys best game since his return, just needs to make sure he doesnt get booked, is edu on the bench? or is another under21?

Oh oh - not quite an u21 - Christian Dailly, let's hope Weir or Broadfoot don't get injured!

That's Boyd's 17th goal of the season and his ninth goal for Rangers against Dundee United.

17th before christmas, he'll be on 40 at the end of the season :D

European top scorer no problem

Marc Janko has already scored 30 in the Austrian league by now, so Boyd has some competition. ;)

So, Broadfoot isnt a bombscare at CB then? who would have thought it haha, almost looks like ts his natural position

I have a feeling Aaron will come on for lee later

I thought it was his natural position?

Also, lets bloody hope Aaron comes on, but i can't see it happening until a second goal.

John Hartson just compared Lee McCulloch to Gary Speed - what utter nonsense and an insult to Gary Speed!

Big Hartson certainly knows his fitba. (tu) too bad we cant say the same about yourself. :lol:

Can you please refrain from regular insults to other posters.

My point was legitimate as it was IMO but your reply was flippant and unnecessary and also untrue in its latter point.

In actual fact, I like Hartson as a pundit but thought he was very wrong on that occasion.

John Hartson just compared Lee McCulloch to Gary Speed - what utter nonsense and an insult to Gary Speed!

Big Hartson certainly knows his fitba. (tu) too bad we cant say the same about yourself. :lol:

Can you please refrain from regular insults to other posters.

My point was legitimate as it was IMO but your reply was flippant and unnecessary and also untrue in its latter point.

In actual fact, I like Hartson as a pundit but thought he was very wrong on that occasion.

Well said you are right mate <_<