Rangers chasing Graham Gartland

Muff

Was having a look on newsnow and came across this.

Scottish Premier League giants Rangers have asked Town target Graham Gartland to spend time at Ibrox on trial. Free agent Gartland recently impressed during a spell with the Blues and boss Jim Magilton is weighing up whether to offer the former Drogheda central defender a contract in January.

4 comments have been left on this story

Gartland, who was with the Blues at the start of last month, has also been asked back to Burnley for a second trial, while Leicester City, Hamilton Academical, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Elfsborg and Helsingborg are also reported to be interested.

The 25-year-old is available on a free transfer after having his contract with former Eircom League champions Drogheda cancelled due to the club’s financial crisis.

If Gartland were to sign for Rangers he would become the first Catholic from the Republic of Ireland to join the club.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/SPL/Rangers

Hope not, he's not good enough.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Brown Brogue

Never heard of him, apart from the pishyness of the team he played for and the teams looking at him, have you seen much of him to know that he's not good enough?

Was having a look on newsnow and came across this.

Scottish Premier League giants Rangers have asked Town target Graham Gartland to spend time at Ibrox on trial. Free agent Gartland recently impressed during a spell with the Blues and boss Jim Magilton is weighing up whether to offer the former Drogheda central defender a contract in January.

4 comments have been left on this story

Gartland, who was with the Blues at the start of last month, has also been asked back to Burnley for a second trial, while Leicester City, Hamilton Academical, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Elfsborg and Helsingborg are also reported to be interested.

The 25-year-old is available on a free transfer after having his contract with former Eircom League champions Drogheda cancelled due to the club’s financial crisis.

If Gartland were to sign for Rangers he would become the first Catholic from the Republic of Ireland to join the club.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/SPL/Rangers

Hope not, he's not good enough.

what do you know about him muff? Never heard of him.

Seen him play 3 or 4 times and he's a dirty bastard who's good in the air - a poor mans Stephen McManus. No-one from Drogheda or the Irish leagues are good enough for Rangers - we'll from what I've seen anyway.

I'd rather have Lee McCulloch at the back. I'm sure he was at Aberdeen or Dundee United at some point but was never good enough to get a game?

Guest therabbitt
Seen him play 3 or 4 times and he's a dirty bastard who's good in the air - a poor mans Stephen McManus. No-one from Drogheda or the Irish leagues are good enough for Rangers - we'll from what I've seen anyway.

I'd rather have Lee McCulloch at the back. I'm sure he was at Aberdeen or Dundee United at some point but was never good enough to get a game?

I'd agree with that in general, I've seen a fair share of Irish league games and perhaps the only thing I would say is that there are a lot of talented young players that given the right training could make it in Scotland.

I haven't seen anything of this punter though.

Emergency cover?

If that was the case then we might aswell release every youth player at the club. The guy plays like he has his right boot on his left foot and his left boot on his right foot.

He'd suit the tims as in the few games I saw him play he continually moaned, took tantrums, squared up to the opposition and got on everyone's tits. He'd be a complete and utter liability - his challenges are ridiculously bad, late and high.

I'd agree with that in general, I've seen a fair share of Irish league games and perhaps the only thing I would say is that there are a lot of talented young players that given the right training could make it in Scotland.

I'd agree with that (tu)

Guys like Noel Hunt, Kevin Doyle, Shane Long and even Roy Keane have shown that you can get lucky and pick up a decent player.

Personally I don't see what the problem is with giving him a trial.

If he impresses we can sign him, even for a cover in an area where we are weak.

If he doesn't we can punt him and let somebody else take the risk.

It's far better than actually buying a guy and then realising he's shite.

I'd agree with that (tu)

Guys like Noel Hunt, Kevin Doyle, Shane Long and even Roy Keane have shown that you can get lucky and pick up a decent player.

Personally I don't see what the problem with giving him a trial.

If he impresses we can sign him, even for a cover in an area where we are weak.

If he doesn't we can punt him and let somebody else take the risk.

It's far better than actually buying a guy and then realising he's shite.

like that wee tadger the tims bought!! (cant remember his name)

I think one day we will sign a little scumbag like this, not for footballing reasons but just to get another "we are not sectarian" monkey off our backs.

One less thing timmy couldn't complain about.

That's good to me.

At the expense of our football team? no thanks.

I think one day we will sign a little scumbag like this, not for footballing reasons but just to get another "we are not sectarian" monkey off our backs.

That's good to me.

If he hardly gets a game, it still shuts timmy up.

Then again, they'd probably complain about him not getting played enough, which would only make them look stupid.

Considering the pish i ripped out of Timmy for signing McCourt, then I sincerely hope this doesnt go through otherwise huge slice of pie coming back at me :lol:

Oh - and fukc buying shitey arse players from leagues like this. If we dont have a youth player thats equal or better then a few jackets should be on shoogly nails at Murray Park. (tu)

That's good to me.

Then again, they'd probably complain about him not getting played enough, which would only make them look stupid.

hope we dont sign him and my reasons i dont want a bomb thrower near our club

going by that this sounds like nonsense, Hopefully.

That's good to me.

hope we dont sign him and my reasons i dont want a bomb thrower near our club

Im the same. We can all say until the cows come home "he wont be good enough" but he's a tim. I don't like tims playing for Rangers.

I make no apologies for it, I don't care what anyone thinks.

If Walter thinks he's good enough to be a squad player or whatever then fair enough. He'd cost fuck all anyway. He's obviously got no faith whatsoever in our young defenders.