Wattie showing interest in another hibbee !

BLUEDIGNITY

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word in the street is Dean Shiels. Out of contract at the end of the season and could be allowed to go for a reasonable fee. :sherlock:

Word on my street is that half of your posts BD are rumours that never come true but Im expecting a "i told you first" in the coming years. You are bound to get one right eventually. ;):sherlock:

Word in the street is Dean Shiels. Out of contract at the end of the season and could be allowed to go for a reasonable fee. :sherlock:

Word on my street is that half of your posts BD are rumours that never come true but Im expecting a "i told you first" in the coming years. You are bound to get one right eventually. ;):sherlock:

Naismith was right, Mendes was right ;) what do you offer ? Answer: And this is not a rumour ? You offer Zilch ! :sherlock:

We have enough problems with McGregor's wandering eye.

Slightly off topic but did you know that Gordon Brown only has 1 good eye. This means that a few years back, our country was being run by BBB (Blair, Blunkett and Brown) and they only had 3 good eyes between them.

:lol:

Gives new meaning and significance to the saying..."Ayes to the right"

I'll get ma coat.

BD knows these things :pipe:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...x-14101458.html

Dean Shiels is being lined up to become the latest Northern Ireland international at Ibrox.

Rangers manager Walter Smith already has midfielder Steve Davis and striker Kyle Lafferty and now he fancies signing versatile Hibs ace Shiels.

The 23-year-old, son of former Coleraine and Ballymena manager Kenny, started his career at Arsenal before moving to Easter Road in 2004.

Shiels hit the headlines two years later when he he had an operation to remove his right eye, which had been blind since a domestic accident when he was eight-years-old. The damaged eye was causing headaches and it was agreed that surgery was the best solution.

Known as “Dixie”, he made his Northern Ireland debut in 2005 and has been in and out of the squad ever since.

He missed the shock 2-0 win for Hibs over Celtic at the weekend due to an ankle injury but is on the way back, just in time for Rangers to make their move in January.

Dean Shiels is being lined up to become the latest Northern Ireland international at Ibrox.

Rangers manager Walter Smith already has midfielder Steve Davis and striker Kyle Lafferty and now he fancies signing versatile Hibs ace Shiels.

The 23-year-old, son of former Coleraine and Ballymena manager Kenny, started his career at Arsenal before moving to Easter Road in 2004.

Shiels hit the headlines two years later when he he had an operation to remove his right eye, which had been blind since a domestic accident when he was eight-years-old. The damaged eye was causing headaches and it was agreed that surgery was the best solution.

Known as “Dixie”, he made his Northern Ireland debut in 2005 and has been in and out of the squad ever since.

He missed the shock 2-0 win for Hibs over Celtic at the weekend due to an ankle injury but is on the way back, just in time for Rangers to make their move in January.

Totally, totally uninspiring stuff. Shiels isn't even a regular for Hibs and is League One standard at best. He's still yet to find his actual position, usually fluctuating between right midfield and centre midfield.

He's kinda like Derek Riordan except he doesn't bang them in from 35 yards after 70 minutes of mediocrity.

Don't need him, at all, to be honest.

That standard of player, i totally agree with.

However, that's Don Cowie, James McArthur and now Dean Shiels that we've been linked with. 3 players who can fill in at the centre and on the wing.

Maybe Smith is trying to source out cheaper, more versatile replacements for Burke and McCulloch..

Guest rabbusby
Don't need him, at all, to be honest.

That standard of player, i totally agree with.

However, that's Don Cowie, James McArthur and now Dean Shiels that we've been linked with. 3 players who can fill in at the centre and on the wing.

Maybe Smith is trying to source out cheaper, more versatile replacements for Burke and McCulloch..

I'd much rather he got rid of Burke and McCulloch and brought in a replacement for Weir :cool:

From both points of view, it would be a waste of time.

1, for the boy, he would be sitting on the bench and used very, very sparingly, as his position hasnt been identified, he would be put into the 'Buffel roll' which Walter never really liked, therefore waste of time.

2, waste of time for us as he's no better than the players we have got rid of, and are trying to get rid of (Gow, Buffel, Hemdani, Burke).

He is a Rangers supporter, good pals with Lafferty and Davis when they go on international duty, but that should go for nothing just now, its not a big 'pals act' were looking to build here, we've got enough of that with mcculloch n co.

BD knows these things :pipe:

(tu);):sherlock: