Wattie showing interest in another hibbee !

BLUEDIGNITY

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter what you think of the lad as a player, he shows some character for overcoming the disability. Losing an eye doesn't just limit your field of vision, it stops stereoscopic vision, and 3D depth perception, so his rise in the game to top tier footballer and international player is all the more remarkable.

The lad deserves the utmost respect.

Although I would like him to do well, I'd be gutted if we signed Shiels

Scrapping with the Bristol City's and the Leeds of this world for players who's contracts are about to expire :anguish:

Who next, eh? Scott Severin maybe? He's out of contract in the Summer.

If we are truly serious about getting a system in place which allows is to sign youngsters who we can look to sell on for a profit later then why don't we show some ambition and look to the contienant for youngsters playing well?

Scrapping with the Bristol City's and the Leeds of this world for players who's contracts are about to expire :anguish:

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest good sir (td)

I seriously hope not (td)

I really wish we would show some ambition and sign somebody like Rasmus Elm for example.

Ok the fact that he is tall, lanky and acne clad make him look like a schoolboy with no mates, but in terms of ability he played a huge role in Kalmar winning the Swedish league last season.

At 20 years old, and with Swedish caps at U21 level under his belt he is only going to get better.

But saying that he's not British or well known so let's not even go there :(

No matter what you think of the lad as a player, he shows some character for overcoming the disability. Losing an eye doesn't just limit your field of vision, it stops stereoscopic vision, and 3D depth perception, so his rise in the game to top tier footballer and international player is all the more remarkable.

My dad lost an eye (careless bugger) & he went on to be a referee (once he'd retired from goalkeeping).

It has to be said, he was gash at both. :pipe:

My dad lost an eye (careless bugger) & he went on to be a referee (once he'd retired from goalkeeping).

Are you Willie Young's son?

Are you Willie Young's son?

Possibly, but the guy who brought me up is the guy i call Dad.

I really wish we would show some ambition and sign somebody like Rasmus Elm for example.

Ok the fact that he is tall, lanky and acne clad make him look like a schoolboy with no mates, but in terms of ability he played a huge role in Kalmar winning the Swedish league last season.

At 20 years old, and with Swedish caps at U21 level under his belt he is only going to get better.

Great shout, but how dare you show any sort of knowledge of football outside Britain!

Tut tut.

Quite clearly an FM saddo :pipe:

Great shout, but how dare you show any sort of knowledge of football outside Britain!

Tut tut.

My secret's out.....

How did you know? :(

Tut tut.

There is surely no such thing as an "FM saddo" ;)

Tut tut.

Apparently there is, you're often accused of it when you speak in depth about anything outside of the SPL on here ;)

Tut tut.

Apparently there is, you're often accused of it when you speak in depth about anything outside of the SPL on here ;)

:lol:

Unfortunately it doesn't work both ways. There's no Rasmus Elm in my FM game :willy:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...x-14101458.html

What you al make of this one

i actually think hes not a bad player would be decent in the squad

am thinking watties plans are get rid of dead wood aka lee mculoch , stevie smith , chris burke , charlie adam , jcd

n jst bring in tonel n sheils

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...x-14101458.html

What you al make of this one

i actually think hes not a bad player would be decent in the squad

am thinking watties plans are get rid of dead wood aka lee mculoch , stevie smith , chris burke , charlie adam , jcd

n jst bring in tonel n sheils

tonel would be quality , and while I think shiels is ok just wonder if its not just another squad signing ?

Are things really that bad that we have to now go for SPL reserve players - Dean Shields isn't even guaranteed a game at Hibs.

I'm all for getting rid of shite like Broadfoot, McCulloch, Adam, Gow, Burke but there is no point in replacing it with players who are no better just because they are the cheaper option - Cowie, Shields, McArthur.... Why not give the young lads a chance instead of wasting thousands on yet more dross?

I have the upmost respect for Dean Shields and it's great that he back playing but he'll never be good enough for Rangers. He'd be yet another Alan Gow.

Hopefully just a load of bullshit.

The best thing I can say about Dean Shiels is that he's being kept out of the NI team by Kyle Lafferty :craphead:

He doesnt know his actual position either, he sometimes plays up front, but is pish up there so he moved to the wing. Typical Walter type of player then. I don't understand why we would sign someone who isn't even a Hibs regular ffs. I could see him going to a team like Ipswich or Sheffield Wednesday and becoming a squad player tbh.

We could save a lot of wages and costs by scrapping all the age group teams, getting rid of all the boys and youth coaches, withdrawing from the youth league, under 19 league and keeping only a team in the reserve league.

We could build a hotel on the grounds at Murray Park, rent out some other land there.

Walter is spared his aggravation at having to suffer youth coaches and home grown prospects. We could pick 3 guys off the street give them a years contract to work one day a week to sit on the bench at games for the under 21 rule.

Then when a Hibs player has a few good games we use the money saved to buy him.

Simple solution which will make things easier for the management but will not win us trophies; remember you read it here first.