Allan McGregor

Columbo

Who should start on Saturday?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Should Alexander of McGregor start on Saturday?

• Allan McGregor
    • Neil Alexander
    • Time to try Lee McCulloch in another position!

We shouldn't even be having this discussion, in my opinion, because he shouldn't be back in the side. He was dropped for not playing well enough, and Alexander did nothing to warrant being dropped. McGregor has looked under-confident since his return, and is making too many mistakes. One of his plus points used to be that he commanded his box, and inspired confidence in those in front of him. Sadly, that is no longer the case. :(

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see why he should be dropped for losing that goal on Saturday. Unlike Borat, he at least had a player in front of him and got his hands on the ball.

I was thinking about this last night and thought, if we dropped a player every time they made a mistake, we'd be down to the U19's about now.

The guy needs games to build his confidence. Over recent weeks he's looked sharper than he did at the start of the season....I really can't see how dropping him would help him out. Also, you'd be throwing in a Keeper that's not match sharp!

His gaff at the weekend is indefensible, lets not try and dress it up by bringing Boruc into it.

It's December now and he's still making an error nearly every second week. He's been a total liability this season.

mcgregor not at level of last year but im sure given time we will get there

As i touched on before, this has been getting said for nearly 4 months now.

I've said this in previous threads, but this "he's still finding his feet" excuse is utterly absurd in my eyes. Young Ben Foster was thrown into Man Utd's game with Derby last year after being out injured for 10 months. He made two wonder saves from Kenny Miller and picked up the man of the match award. That is just one example.

TMWWBK Speaks for me on this (tu)

There is no question behind it mcgregor has been poor all season time 2 drop him

Alexander came in earlier in season nd done nuhin wrong

Mcgregors personal life is affecting his performances

He's been our weak link this season. I personally don't want him anywhere near the side.

Guess which side has conceded least goals in the spl?

Alexander is a back up if absolutely neccessary he is not a top class keeper as his record and background shows.

Watch him in the warm up--any shot low to his left is a goal and remember Aberdeen at the end of the season.

it was Smith dropping him in the first place the led to him going off the boil and he's not been the same since. He played a massive part in Rangers' success last season, especially in Europe.

But what about the likes of aberdeen a few weeks back, made a terrific save to keep us in the game. People are just to easy to jump on little mistakes no wonder he has no confidence. The game against accies for example he didnt need to come for the ball and at least he still got something on it with it falling to mcarther who had to make a brilliant finish to score, it was just a little mistake. He hasnt been making huge howlers week in week out.

Cully for me. I can see him going from strength to strength in this position. I would also go as far as saying Lee has always been a goalie masquerading as an outfield player!

No... he's been a postman masquarading as a football player. :craphead:

I'dgive Alexander a shot - Shagger looks pish and the defence are a mess at the moment

McGregor this season; 19 games and 15 goals conceded.

Alexander last 14 games for us conceded 14 goals.

Strangely enough after 17 spl games this season we have conceded 14 goals.

Last season after 17 spl games we had conceded 15 goals.

Not bad with a "pish goalkeeper and a defence which is a mess"

I'dgive Alexander a shot - Shagger looks pish and the defence are a mess at the moment

McGregor this season; 19 games and 15 goals conceded.

Alexander last 14 games for us conceded 14 goals.

Strangely enough after 17 spl games this season we have conceded 14 goals.

Last season after 17 spl games we had conceded 15 goals.

Not bad with a "pish goalkeeper and a defence which is a mess"

I think yer twisting things here. Alexander has played against a higher standard of teams in his "14" than McGreggor has this season.

Alexanders last "14" games off the top of my head : Celtic (sub once and full game the other), Zenit, Fiorentina (home and away), Scottish Cup Final an etc. Alexander played 12 games from the 20th of April - 24th May. Including 2 extra times and 2 penalty shoot outs, which he both made crucial saves in and got us the UEFA Cup Final and Scottish Cup Final.

Alexander never made one fuck up. Not one. Shagger's been making at least one a week thats cost us a goal for the last month. He's getting past on past merits and it shouldn't be like that. He's not in form, so ye drop him. Don't stick with a player thats not playing well just because he played well last year. Who are we? Celtic? GTF. Cause that's exactly what they are doing with Boruc. It cost em 3 points against Hibs on Sunday. Good for us but wait till it starts happening to us.

Alexander in on Saturday or McGreggor will cost us points. Maybe not on Saturday but sooner or later he'll cost us more points.

Shagger is a good if not great goalie, Yes he's made mistakes but he has also made some TREMENDOUS saves. Some of his match-winning performances could not have been bettered by Alexander in a million years so I reckon we should stick by him. Now is not the time to bring a new keeper back into side with the scum looming on 27th. :unionflag:

The good thing at Ibrox is that we have a tried and trusted back up keeper in a position where mistakes cannot be easily hidden, however, over at the beggardome, Chesney seems to be scared to drop the roly poly because he has no faith in Mark Brown. I'd still put my trust in Walter to say who plays between the sticks at Ibrox. Personally I don't have a problem who plays there either Greegs or Sullivan, just wish the present No 1 would sort his personal life out and give 100% to his job, the salary paying one that is!

The good thing at Ibrox is that we have a tried and trusted back up keeper in a position where mistakes cannot be easily hidden, however, over at the beggardome, Chesney seems to be scared to drop the roly poly because he has no faith in Mark Brown. I'd still put my trust in Walter to say who plays between the sticks at Ibrox. Personally I don't have a problem who plays there either Greegs or Sullivan, just wish the present No 1 would sort his personal life out and give 100% to his job, the salary paying one that is!

:rolleyes:

:craphead: