Allan McGregor

Columbo

Who should start on Saturday?  

207 members have voted

1. 1. Should Alexander of McGregor start on Saturday?

• Allan McGregor
    • Neil Alexander
    • Time to try Lee McCulloch in another position!

Another McGregor mistake at the weekend. That means he's made mistakes in far too many games this season and we have a crucial away game this Saturday which we have to win to keep the title race going. IMO it's time we bought in Neil Alexander as he's been solid and dependable since arriving. McGregor has been poor this season and we can't risk playing him this Saturday.

Thoughts? :rangers::rangers:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he might have made one mistake saturday but he still makes some important saves.

harsh on neil as he was dropped without doing much wrong but McGregor is still a quality keeper and hopefully a good result on saturday coupled with borucs clangers will help boost his confidence going into the festive period.

shocking poll, alexander in myt eyes aint good enough for the rangers goalie, certainly not first choice,, greegs all the way, best keeper in scotland,, also should be burleys no 1 choice

Can't see why he should be dropped for losing that goal on Saturday. Unlike Borat, he at least had a player in front of him and got his hands on the ball.

I was thinking about this last night and thought, if we dropped a player every time they made a mistake, we'd be down to the U19's about now.

The guy needs games to build his confidence. Over recent weeks he's looked sharper than he did at the start of the season....I really can't see how dropping him would help him out. Also, you'd be throwing in a Keeper that's not match sharp!

I picked Alexander only because McGregor doesn't look confident at all. Would rather have him in goal for the tims game tho. Hopefully he'll have good games against utd and hibs and get his confidence back before the next OF game (when hopefully chesney will keep confidence in boruc so he can have a few more howlers for us to laugh at) :craphead:

Can't see why he should be dropped for losing that goal on Saturday. Unlike Borat, he at least had a player in front of him and got his hands on the ball.

I was thinking about this last night and thought, if we dropped a player every time they made a mistake, we'd be down to the U19's about now.

The guy needs games to build his confidence. Over recent weeks he's looked sharper than he did at the start of the season....I really can't see how dropping him would help him out. Also, you'd be throwing in a Keeper that's not match sharp!

His gaff at the weekend is indefensible, lets not try and dress it up by bringing Boruc into it.

It's December now and he's still making an error nearly every second week. He's been a total liability this season.

mcgregor not at level of last year but im sure given time we will get there

As i touched on before, this has been getting said for nearly 4 months now.

I've said this in previous threads, but this "he's still finding his feet" excuse is utterly absurd in my eyes. Young Ben Foster was thrown into Man Utd's game with Derby last year after being out injured for 10 months. He made two wonder saves from Kenny Miller and picked up the man of the match award. That is just one example.

True...Walter genuinely couldnt justify dropping Alexander - he made minimal mistakes, had good raport (sp?) with the defence, CAN ACTUALLY KICK A BALL WITHOUT IT GOING OUT TO THE LEFT HAND SIDE and is good at cross balls.

for me i reckon its time to rest shagger, he's obviously shagged out and its affecting his concentration and effectively costing us goals.

lol at the mcculloch option guys!! :D :D wouldnae fuckin surprise me mind you!!

What happens though if alexander is brought in and has a few nitemares??

will you just keep swapping the keepers who will have confidence at all?

Yes Alexander hardly made a mistake when he came in, but McGregor was the same until this season. All it takes is one bad game for Alexander and we will have a squad with no keepers that have confidence.

I think McCulloch has all the qualities required of a modern day goalie, what the hell he is on the payroll afterall. Might have been an idea to test him against the Accies at the weekend though.

I would play Alexander though, McShagger has lost the plot, the last thing we want is the defence losing confidence, or we will be facing a Boruc situation shortly.