Rhythm 'n Blues

disgruntled_bear

KRIS BOYD reckons he’s found his perfect partner.

The Rangers striker believes Kenny Miller will serve up chance after chance.

And Boyd is confident they can develop into one of the Ibrox club’s best-ever strike pairings.

But he DOESN’T want to hear any comparisons with Ibrox greats Ally McCoist and Mark Hateley.

At least, not until he’s won something with Miller at his side.

Boyd said: “Kenny’s helped me so much in so many aspects of my game.

“Apart from when I played with Stevie Naismith at Kilmarnock, this is the first time I’ve had a real strike partnership.

“When I first came here, we had two wide men. This is the first time I’ve really struck up a partnership with someone.

“Kenny plays a big part in everything I do on the pitch.

“There’s a long way to go, but the foundations are there for a good partnership.

“There’s a long way to go before we could be compared to McCoist and Hateley.

“It’s easy for people to make these comparisons. But McCoist and Hateley brought so much success to Rangers. Kenny and I haven’t won anything together.”

McCoist and Hateley were strike sensations as Walter Smith led Rangers to nine titles in a row.

Despite edging towards 100 goals in the Light Blue, Boyd has yet to win a championship medal.

He grabbed two cup winner’s medals last season before Miller’s dramatic return to Ibrox.

Now he wants to gather an SPL title gong alongside his former Scotland sidekick.

Boyd added: “When you see the number of chances created for me and the work he does, you see Kenny’s value. He had a couple of weeks out and we really missed him.

“When he came back last Saturday, we looked a different team.

“I obviously knew Kenny before he returned to the club. I knew what he was like and what he could do from our time with Scotland.

“That’s probably why we hit the ground running and struck up this partnership.”

Boyd has hit 17 goals this term as Gers chase their first title in four years and he’s out to improve that tally against Dundee United at Tannadice tomorrow.

The striker admitted: “I definitely feel a lot sharper than last season. I’m really enjoying it again and I feel good.

“It’s all down to getting a run in the team and scoring goals again.

“Football is a funny game and you always ask questions of yourself. You always wonder if you’ve done enough to stay in the team for the next game.

“But I was determined to come back this season and give it another shot with Rangers.

“I’m glad I did because I feel as if I’ve taken my career forward this season.

“I feel as if I’ve had a new lease of life at club level — and a lot of that progress is down to Kenny.

“He knows the score and knows he’ll never score as many as me!

“But you look at the other aspects of his game and see what he brings to the team.

“He works so hard and creates so many chances for me. When I know chances will come my way, I can concentrate on other aspects of my game.”

Boyd admits Gers No2 McCoist has played a huge part in helping his partnership with Miller blossom.

He said: “Ally’s been great with us, with our shooting exercises and other things.

“Kenny and I listen to him and we are reaping the benefits on the park.”

Strike sensation Boyd was at Hampden yesterday to promote Setanta’s coverage of the United clash.

Gers have won just one of their last EIGHT games on United’s patch.

And Boyd expects the armchair audience to see a cracker between the sides.

He added: “We need to win every game and, for now, this is even bigger than the Old Firm match.

“If we end up more points behind Celtic, we’ll be in trouble. But United are well-organised and will make it hard for us.

“I want to stay in the team for the Celtic game. But first and foremost, I want to stay in the team for the United game and the Hibs game after that. The next three games are going to be massive for us.

“Craig Levein deserves huge credit for what he has done at United. He has taken them from fighting for a top-six place to challenging for Europe.”

Boyd also hailed his team-mate Naismith for battling back to fitness after cruciate surgery.

The ex-Killie kid scored on his return for the reserves in midweek and Boyd reckons it won’t be long until he’s pushing for a top-team spot.

He said: “Everyone is delighted to see Stevie back and we need to praise him for his hard work. I am sure he will be back in the first-team soon.”

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...icle2028790.ece

Naisy Miller and Boyd up front would be amazing, the sheer pace would rip celtic apart and i cant wait to see all 3 get in action hopefully between the 3 of them they could manage 50 goals

Yep, either Naisy or Lafferty maybe but Naisy defenitely would be even better.

Naisy Miller and Boyd up front would be amazing, the sheer pace would rip celtic apart and i cant wait to see all 3 get in action hopefully between the 3 of them they could manage 50 goals

If Naismith has "beefed up" with his upper body strength and still has that burst of pace he could become a very important player fro us.

We fought hard enough to get Walter to play a front two but we're Rangers and we should be going with a front three for the majority of games.

Let the opposition worry about us instead of the other way around, that's how it used to be anyway !

:rangers: