This cretin should be burnt at the stake

Jimenez

So you don’t think the fans play an important part in a football club?

Not interested. If they want to come and watch successful professional football in Chester – under whatever guise – if it belongs to me they will do it on my terms. If they don’t want to come, fine.

At least he's honest.

smug bas

can't believe what he is coming out with

Q. So you don’t think the fans play an important part in a football club?

Not interested. If they want to come and watch successful professional football in Chester – under whatever guise – if it belongs to me they will do it on my terms. If they don’t want to come, fine.

Q. What would you say to supporters who feel you are interfering with the history and tradition of the club?

I don’t care, basically, is the answer. If I’m going to invest £2m into a business venture, it’s being done on the basis that the amount of commercial income we bring in is greater than what the fans contribute.

At least he's honest.

If someone came to Rangers and said the same we'd want him assasinated.

Murray's bad but this guy really does take the biscuit.

At least he's honest.

Of course Murray wouldn't say it....

It's the first time I've ever seen football actually being treated like a real business, rather than the way they're run as psuedo businesses.

Football clubs make little profit. It's a loss-based venture. If a guy comes in and makes it profitable, it's no longer football, it's a business.

His attitude is spot on as a businessman tbh - make money and not friends.

But from our point of view it's bad for the sport as a sport. Beyond bad.

At least he's honest.

Of course Murray wouldn't say it....

Yeah SDM is more :shifty:

Q. Naming Chester after the fictional team Harchester United (from Sky TV’s Dream Team) has been mentioned. Is that something you would be interested in doing?

It’s possible that we could do that. I would use the Harchester alternative if it works for the various sponsors we have. One of those sponsors has a very extreme brand and the more extreme we can be, with positive or negative publicity, it doesn’t matter, the more we would get.

The Harchester thing is quite interesting. I investigated it about 18 months ago. I spoke to the owner of the rights and did some background on the fan base that fictional club has. It has just over 27,000 registered fans on the Harchester website. From a marketing perspective, it would be a lot easier to talk to them than the couple of thousand people who turn up at Chester.

Wow, chester fans have just been bumped :unsure:

Fucking cock, why not ruin football ya prick.

Football SHOULDN'T be a business :anguish:

What a tit, why come into football with that attitude, he should either run the football as it should be or invest elsewhere.

Even run the way he is suggesting, he would be far better off putting his money into other ventures as he'll never make a huge profit from a football club. And to be honest if profit is what your interested in, now is the ideal time under the current financial situation if you have money to invest and can wait till the market settles to reap the rewards.

His intentions don't seem to make any sense, whether as a football man or a businessman.

Football doesn't work as a business because the customer base doesn't operate as a traditional customer group would. For all that Manchester United are accused of having all their fans outwith Manchester, of chasing dollars, etc etc the board are smart enough to know that they need to throw the fans a few crumbs here and there. So the Stretford End is hyped more than ever, special seats etc. The red jersey may get a redesign every year but they aren't about to drop it altogether. And they made sure to have Bobby Charlton there at the CL final to mark the Munich disaster and keep with tradition.

This guy will last a few years and then give up having made a huge loss.